Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Something that I don't understand...

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #21
PO-TA-TOES!!!
Collection Count: A lot
Personally, I'm of the opinion that ever since the first movie toyline being the massive success it was, Hasbro now regards anything non-movie as "secondary" or "filler" lines in-between movies that don't get their full concerns and attention.

Animated got the axe and was cut short in favor of ROTF, with some molds at the end ending up as Takara exclusives or never released at all. Classics/Generations always seems to get dropped like a bad habit when a movie's coming. And with TF4 on the horizon, Hasbro's focus is most defintely on that, hence Prime suffering by lack of figs for show characters and Takara doing stuff Hasbro seems to have zero interest in also doing, or just weird shit like Takara getting Ironhide and Hasbro doing Kup instead.

Probably also factors like Hasbro's well known opinion that bad guys don't sell. Hence no Breakdown in favor of Dreadwing that was easily repainted for Skyquake.
This is the end for you!

Galaxy Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #22
Banned
Collection Count: Not as many as i'd like!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
The only bots really missing from the toyline was Breakdown and Smokescreen, and I'm pretty sure Smokescreen will get a toy in the BH toyline

And by the way, Shockwave appears only for one episode with about 6 minutes of air time. When do you think Hasbro should promote him, at the 6 minutes of air time or half a year later when he joints the main cast [assuming that from the S3 trailer]?
we did get a breakdown & smokescreen toy
Something that I don't understand...-convertedaebec367ac9d14a66d62c4873fe6bac259a18333.jpg

Something that I don't understand...-am-12.jpg

Something that I don't understand...-o0548041112296560073_1353507272.jpg
& here's the BH Smokescreen
Something that I don't understand...-tf-prime-beast-hunters-wave-1-legion-smokescreen.jpg

Something that I don't understand...-a19750000_autobot_smokescreen-20robot__scaled_600.jpg

Something that I don't understand...-autobot-20fighter__scaled_600.jpg

+ Ultra Magnus received NO screen time! but there's still a toy of him
Hosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #23
Eye of the Palmtop Tiger
Collection Count: More than few but less than all of them
News Credits: 9
Send a message via AIM to Autovolt 127 Send a message via Skype™ to Autovolt 127
Seriously does Hasbro even remember people would rather have the toys of character on the show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
"Today we face the Decepticons that are at our door, and bring the fight to them! Today we are cancelling the age of extinction!"
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #24
Banned
Collection Count: A nice amount but this is only the beginning..
If it comes down to it and theres is 2 toys one in the show one not the kids like them both equally i believe they would go with the one thats ins the show versus the one thats not. As a kid i liked to recreate what i saw in beast ward so having the chracter in the show is plus and youd think the would put priority in that first then fill out the line with non show characters.
s_cren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #25
Hasbro LIES to the US
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosta View Post
we did get a breakdown & smokescreen toy
I know, but just clarifying that I'm talking about USA releases. I know Breakdown got a toy and I happily imported him, but US members aren't really happy when they have to import something instead of driving to a shop and buying it locally.
SOC, Yamato, Hot Toys, FE and more for sale!
Feedback thread!
Knightdramon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #26
Blackmarket T-Cog Dealer
Collection Count: Somewhere in the middle triple digits. Not sure exactly.
Honestly, I just believe that Hasbro is trying to shift away from the Deluxe size scale to the Cyberverse sizes.
MachSabre's DeviantArt
Thoughtcrime Inc.
MachSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #27
Explosions?
Collection Count: 50+
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molina00 View Post
Hasbro not releasing Smokescreen didn't make much sense to me. I would think a new autobot would have been a big seller. I guess they had already announce all the deluxe waves, but it seems like they could have squeezed him in somewhere.
The reason for Smokescreen is simple: he showed up late in the season. There simply wasn't enough time for Hasbro to design an entirely new mold for him and include it in the TFP Line. Takara got around that by making him a minor retool of Knockout.

We're getting Cyberverse Smokescreen in the Beast Hunters line, so I'm willing to bet there will be a Deluxe as well. We might even get an Insecticon.
Ratchets Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #28
Senior Villain
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachSabre View Post
Honestly, I just believe that Hasbro is trying to shift away from the Deluxe size scale to the Cyberverse sizes.
So it's a repeat of 89-90, but without in-universe explanation for smaller robots.
Nightrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #29
Blackmarket T-Cog Dealer
Collection Count: Somewhere in the middle triple digits. Not sure exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightrain View Post
So it's a repeat of 89-90, but without in-universe explanation for smaller robots.
That's my thought. I could go into details, but I don't wanna derail the thread. If someone's interested in reading it, I typed it up on [Links are hidden for guests. Please Register.]

Personally, I'm okay with it. I mean, the Cyberverse guys are pretty good. Yeah, it's not as awesome as a bigger robot, but I just guess it's one of those "times change" sort of things.
MachSabre's DeviantArt
Thoughtcrime Inc.
MachSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #30
News Credits: 13
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyber-Scream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
Seriously does Hasbro even remember people would rather have the toys of character on the show?
Yeah, I think they do. But they also remember a good majority of kids who don't have the HUB don't care and would buy a non canon character figure just because it looks cool.
Cyber-Scream is offline   Reply With Quote