Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey
by wtrz

Worst TFs Of 2012

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #21
Goodbye bread
Collection Count: \_(ツ)_/
News Credits: 3
prid cliffjumper eeefk hate that bastard. and cyberverse breakdown

i dont have an opinion on airachnid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dran0n View Post
Goddammit, Luke. You're hard to love, but even harder to hate.
sales feedback twitter
Biotoakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #22
Watch him out!
Collection Count: more than I probably need.
News Credits: 1
Of the few I got, I have to go with FOC Swindle. He's not as obviously flawed as Onslaught, but he is almost insufferably boring and his plastic feels really cheap.
Switchblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #23
Dark Wrecker
Collection Count: 182
News Credits: 3
Prime RID Deluxe: Airachnid
Prime RID Voyager: Starscream

First Edition Deluxe: Vehicon
First Edition Voyager: None, since there were only 2 and they were both good.

Prime Cyberverse Legion: Knock Out (the one that comes with the Energon Driller)
Prime Cyberverse Commander: Optimus Prime
Reaper Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #24
I wind sounds!
Ignoring Airachnid, because... c'mon, that's just cheating.

FoC Brawl and Onslaught. Especially Brawl.

Swindle and Blast Off are deeply flawed as well, but nowhere near this level. If he had shoulders, Blast Off would be an excellent toy. Swindle is decidedly mediocre, which, for an FoC Combaticon, is damn impressive.

But... Brawl. My god. His alt-mode is good, and I like how his (hilariously tiny) gun mounts in vehicle mode. The leg mode is okay. And the robot mode looks good. However... he's an amazing pile of garbage. First off, while the robot mode looks good... it's not. The backpack kibble is amazingly bad. Of note is the buttflap, which simply can't go anywhere. It's just... a flap on his butt. This is exacerbated by the fact he has a tiny footprint, made tinier by the fact his tiny, tiny footflaps are held in place by nothing but friction and prayer. Then... his arms. His forearms show where his fists folded out of. Just giant hollowed out forearms. And worst of all (for me) are his shoulders. They're cut at an angle. I can't understand why they did this, unless there was a mandate to give the Combaticons shitty shoulders. Unlike Onslaught, Blast Off, or Swindle, who have awful shoulders because of transformation, this was just a terrible decision. Oh, and he's hilariously tiny.

Onslaught isn't nearly as dramatic, but is just BAD. He doesn't have an alt-mode, he just turns into half a pickup truck hauling a facepalm, held together by his gun. The robot mode is okay, except for his shitacular shoulders. But that doesn't justify one of the worst alt-modes I've seen on a modern TF.

FoC Jazz gets a mention because he's only okay, but utterly, utterly needless. Of all the FoC figures we could've gotten, do we really need the guy who just got an excellent EARTH MODE version (that's a much more iconic alt-mode, color scheme, and robot mode; with more/better gimmicks; with a more fun transformation) on shelves last year that just destroys any attempt to put FoC figures together because he makes Optimus and Shockwave look like midgets? The figure isn't that bad, but the decision to make it was.
Looking for any version of Armada Deluxe Optimus Prime or WfC Prime, blue Armada Firebot and pretty much any BM Vehicon or Energon Terrorcon molds, or JustiToys Dinorobot or Junkion Blacksmith's Tactical Officer (or Hyper Mode). Also looking for Armada Tidal Wave's missiles. PM me if you have any spares of these please!
Soundwinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #25
yeeyee
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmopotato View Post
Fall of Cybertron Bruticus. He's like a hat, one side looks amazing, but from any other angle he's thin and hollow.
what the hell kind of hats are you wearing?
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #26
Certified Wascally
Collection Count: Not enough.
News Credits: 17
Send a message via Skype™ to Shatterpoint
Optimus Maximus

Weaponizer Prime

FE Vehicon

FOC Jazz

I actually like PRiD/AM Airachnid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superquad7 View Post
Also, Shatterpoint's post is pretty cool :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
Ah, Shatterpoint. Able to twist even the most mundane into the most hilarious.
Shatterpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #27
It's a Dinobot year.
Collection Count: More than a few by a bunch
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
Any answer that isn't Airachnid is exaggerated BSot so much bad as .
I'd have to agree. All toys have their good and bad points, where all Airachnid has is a reasonably nice helicopter mode and head sculpt, with everything else so poor I was literally surprised it was allowed out the door. It's like a project that was handed off to the intern so everyone else at Takara could take a smoke break.

Otherwise ... Maybe FOC Brawl or Prime Thundertron (he's not so much bad as just kinda disappointing in some key areas.)

Visit the Happy Robot Funtime shop!
Feralstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #28
Mini-Con
galvatrong1's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: too many to count
Airachnid is quite disappointing but i did see a shapeways kit that did improve the figure greatly
galvatrong1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #29
Collector of many
Collection Count: 800+
Prime Airachnid.I bought her twice,and got rid of her twice.

I'd also throw in that giant turd called Optimus Maximus.
AutoBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #30
Merc With A Mouthplate
Collection Count: 20ish
Almost everything Prime related.

Primus I hate that line.
If I told the press tomorrow that, like, a Nemesis Prime would be made by humans, nobody panics, because its all part of the plan. But when I say one, little old Galvatron will be... Well then everyone loses their minds!
Mizzinno is offline   Reply With Quote