Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey
View Poll Results: Should the next Re-issue after G1 Fortress Maximus be G1 Scorponok?
Yes 86 81.13%
No 20 18.87%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Next re issue G1 scorponok?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #31
I'd buy a Scorponok reissue. Too bad the original was so damn small to Fortress Maximus.
Check out my Sealed and Loose Transformers Collection and Other Collections (Marvel, DC, Macross, NECA, GI Joe, Knight Rider, etc)
sh002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:23 PM   #32
Omnibot
Not that I have any insight into Takara's thought processes, but it looks to me like they're releasing Encores based on the Japanese cartoon lines (Headmasters with Soundblaster, Twincast, FM, possibly Scorp), and possibly Masterforce (GM? BZ?). So I would guess that Headmaster and Godmaster toys will be coming down the pipeline, especially with Shout Factory's recent releases of HM, Masterforce, and Victory DVDs with new subs.
Markdelg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:45 AM   #33
Autobot Strategist
Collection Count: Just crested 150, hope to double it soon...
Said it before, saying it again: Metrotitan encore or GTFO. Seriously, if they want instant sells, they need to hit the hard to find stuff. I should take a poll to show how many people here would buy a reissue blue Bluestreak, if not some of the harder to find ones. Also a yellow Trailbreaker would be nice as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Shot. View Post
I've never seen an Animated figure look good with Classics figures. The aesthetic is just too different.
G1Prowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #34
:D
Collection Count: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1Prowl View Post
if they want instant sells, they need to hit the hard to find stuff
Yeah, cause Star Convoy sold like hot cakes, right?
Takeshi357 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:57 AM   #35
I am Vern Schillinger
Easterling Capt's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Not to many
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1Prowl View Post
Said it before, saying it again: Metrotitan encore or GTFO. Seriously, if they want instant sells, they need to hit the hard to find stuff. I should take a poll to show how many people here would buy a reissue blue Bluestreak, if not some of the harder to find ones. Also a yellow Trailbreaker would be nice as well...
hard to come by toys dont always = much money.

Star Convoy, Stepper to name a few.

Ppl are quik to say I want this and that but then when it comes it is always the same thing, I wait on clearenc or how can it cost so much damn you TT.

It is the ppl who wants the hard to comy by stuff but dont want to pay for it that usually cries the hardest with posts and wants from TT and hopefully get them reissued.

On the scorpy issuee, sure good for ppl who dont own one..I have a boxed one and with the current price some of them go for these days I understand some ppl want a reissue.
Oz - one of the greatest shows made. To all those actors that made that show possible. Thx
Easterling Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:21 AM   #36
Autobot Strategist
Collection Count: Just crested 150, hope to double it soon...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshi357 View Post
Yeah, cause Star Convoy sold like hot cakes, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easterling Capt View Post
hard to come by toys dont always = much money.

Star Convoy, Stepper to name a few.

Ppl are quik to say I want this and that but then when it comes it is always the same thing, I wait on clearenc or how can it cost so much damn you TT.

It is the ppl who wants the hard to comy by stuff but dont want to pay for it that usually cries the hardest with posts and wants from TT and hopefully get them reissued.

On the scorpy issuee, sure good for ppl who dont own one..I have a boxed one and with the current price some of them go for these days I understand some ppl want a reissue.
Very good points, almost forgot about those guys. Hell, Trailbreaker would be a good example to counter my point.

At this stage, I'd just get whatever reissues they want to put out, unless I got it already. No preference here.

Except blue Bluestreak Encore, Generations, AND Legion class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Shot. View Post
I've never seen an Animated figure look good with Classics figures. The aesthetic is just too different.
G1Prowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #37
:D
Collection Count: 72
Well to be honest, I'd love a Metrotitan reissue, but I just like the color scheme.

I think Takara is taking a pretty big risk with Fort Max - Stepper and Star Convoy were neither anywhere near as pricey as Fort Max, so while Fort Max is much better known than either of those, it's price point still leaves a lot of people thinking "I'd love that, but I can't justify that kind of money for a toy" - but to be honest, those kind of people probably don't buy Japanese reissues to begin with.

It really depends on how well Fort Max will sell. If he sells really well, then we can probably expect future reissues for a lot of the other big bots like Scorponok and Overlord - if his sales numbers only match their expectations, then I reckon we might at least get Victory Saber in the future, considering the Japanese love of Autobots (and the several Star Saber homages they've made lately). If he sells badly...well, this whole discussion will be rendered moot.
Takeshi357 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #38
Subdivisions
Blackout32's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Lost count
Yes it should even though I have 1 that is almost complete. I think it should be cause he is the bad guy to Fort Max.
Creatures of the night.
Blackout32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #39
@StayingInTheBox

Collection Count: > 1,100
News Credits: 26
Yes, yes, and fucking yes. I am praying and hoping the rumors of Scorponok being next are indeed true.

The G1 Journey's Latest Article: G1 Slag

StayingInTheBox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #40
TFW's Asexiest Member
Collection Count: 500+
News Credits: 3
I have a complete vintage G1 Scorponok in great condition, so I can't see buying a reissue myself, but it's a really cool figure and I hope they do reissue it so everyone who wants one can have an easier way to acquire it.
Scantron is offline   Reply With Quote