Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Discovery in my Brother In Laws Shed

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #11
Vehicon
Collection Count: 51 and growing RAPIDLY.
Send a message via AIM to Bakushan
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriku View Post
Not doubting the story, but if they hadn't been opened since 1998 how did TF Energon toys get inside?
Because I am a TF Noob and have surley misquoted whatever labels I saw on the box.
North Texas Transformers Collectors Facebook Group
My Personal Facebook Page | My Feedback Thread
Old 10-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #12
Lord Cthulhu
Collection Count: Several hundred
You ever think the guy might be dead? If that's the case, keep them.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #13
Vehicon
Collection Count: 51 and growing RAPIDLY.
Send a message via AIM to Bakushan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kup-is-Dion View Post
You ever think the guy might be dead? If that's the case, keep them.
I guess it's possible.

I think the discussion at the house was "he does not have the money, he never will have the money. He has not asked for them back, but we think its the right thing to do anyways"...

Its a SORE SUBJECT at my BIL's house... he still cares for his friend and hope he gets on his feet. My sister thinks its STUPID that they have all this equity in toys that belong to a debtor of them, and will not cash in for at least what is owed...

I guess my BIL understands the time and effort that went into the collection, and thinks the benefit of keeping the toys outweighs the debt.
North Texas Transformers Collectors Facebook Group
My Personal Facebook Page | My Feedback Thread
Old 10-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #14
1 of paper = 4 of coin
News Credits: 1
Send a message via AIM to Cracka J
soooo....pictures....about that...
what a coincidence 2 almost identical threads pop up the exact same day!

bs aside, if this is legit hope your bro can sell it and make back what he's "invested" into the storage unit. if he's not hurting for the money, and the dude is still a friend, he can always just sit on it since it's in his house now. he might be able to come up with the funds eventually if you're bro doesn't mind it taking up space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellpeppers View Post
"If you don't like it, then don't read it."
Old 10-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #15
Toylover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakushan View Post
Because I am a TF Noob and have surley misquoted whatever labels I saw on the box.
Sorry, no offense meant. To me the 'right' thing to do would be to return them to their owner, but obviously your BIL can't get ahold of him to do that. Maybe just keep trying, and leave him a message that he needs to claim his stuff or it will be auctioned off to pay for the storage fees.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #16
@StayingInTheBox

Collection Count: > 1,100
News Credits: 27
Why are people finding shit in houses and storage units? What the hell?

Old 10-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #17
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 2
I don't know how the verbal agreement from years ago would stand in a legal sense. I respect your BIL for wanting to be straight with his friend.

At some point, if you can't get a hold of him, you aren't going to store his good indefinitely. When the point comes, I don't know, especially now that it isn't costing extra to do so.

Personally, I'd have a hard time selling that stuff off/keeping it for myself unless my friend told me to take it as compensation. It doesn't sound like your BIL is particularly strapped for cash at the moment.
[SIZE="1"]Beast Wars Accessories from Shapeways!! Dinobot's sword, Rampage's Spark holder and more! Shapeways Store and Radicons Thread w/ pics
Old 10-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #18
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: 217
He never paid what he promised to pay, costing your BIL some serious money. On top of that, he doesn't answer the phone and has disappeared. Basically, your BIL have paid to hold on someone else's toys without a word from said someone.
I'd say F that guy, keep/sell the toys
Old 10-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #19
Toylover
I forgot to add: If he decides to sell it I call dibs on the Macross/Robotech stuff.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #20
Herald of Unicron
RKillian's Ebay Auctions
Why would somebody stiff your brother-in-law with valuable property at stake? I can see if it was old clothes or cheap furniture, but stuff that's clearly collectible? That seems incredibly stupid on the part of this friend. Although, my cousin once split a storage room with a coworker who disappeared and left behind brand new living room furniture so who knows what some people think.

Unfortunately, I think this friend might've died so be prepared for that. If it were me, I'd hang onto the stuff for a few months while trying to get ahold of him. Failing that, I'd sell just enough of the crappiest stuff to satisfy the debt and keep the rest in the basement or a closet for a few more years before making a final decision.

I will never understand the space-nazi attitude that some women get. What is such a crime about having stuff in a closet or the garage? Isn't that why you bought a house? A place to keep your stuff? My favorite is when they say it makes the house look "lived in," as if the fact that people are indeed living in it is irrelevant. Seriously, why go to all the trouble of getting a nice house if what you really want is the bare metal walls of a shipping container?
"The political state of transfandom in and of itself is truly worth noting from a sociological perspective, as it provides about the clearest look anyone is going to get at what it was like in Western Europe after the fall of the Roman Empire or in India prior to the establishment of the British colonial authorities...in other words, electronic feudalism."

Please read the sig pic rules! -2005 Staff
Closed Thread