Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

The evolution of Transformers from G1 to Alt/MP to Classics - A pictorial quest

Reply Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #21
Proud No Ma'amer!
Collection Count: 400 working towards 500
Send a message via AIM to havanowoncheese Send a message via MSN to havanowoncheese Send a message via Yahoo to havanowoncheese
Cool thread idea keep em coming.
Xbox live havanowoncheez

Battletag: havacheese#1763

Steam: havanowoncheese
havanowoncheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #22
old skool fool
Collection Count: 1203-yup, I've got a spreadsheet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo Prime View Post
those G1 add-ons to Ahhrnhaahd and Ratchet REALLY spruce those figures up. Great pics!
Yeah, hold on a minute. What ARE those add-on pieces for the two vans, and where can I get them?!?!
freedom is the right of all sentient beings, and yes, animals are sentient too.

don't like how toys come from the factory? see how easy it is to fix by clicking here:
ckhtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:30 PM   #23
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: Just starting
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Blunder View Post
I think the only ones where the Classics-style ones fall flat is with Ratchet and Ironhide, which is no surprise. But really, those are a little unfair to begin with - the use of the Third-Party toys kind of skew the results.

Even Rodimus isn't terrible - after all, the G1 toy is, to put it politely, a hunk of ass.
I totally agree. Classics Ratchet and IH are the worst, the others are IMHO really good.

And honestly I'm not a fan of the mystery machines bots. Way too Hannah-barberra.

Edit: yup, keep the pics coming.
Shop smart, Shop S-Mart.

My Feedback: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...ml#post6493816
ex dtw2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:42 AM   #24
Combaticon
Collection Count: 376
Cool to see this gets its own thread.

I have a few classics (mostly henkei/united) and even though people are gushing over them, I also feel those are the least attractive version of the characters. The G1 diaclone cars have something that makes them special. I've sold quite a lot of my G1 collection without any regret, but those G1 diaclone cars...they will stay (and be expanded upon).

I still love my alt/BT collection so much. Really have to start pimping them out more with stickers and making that Prowl myself -- I actually have two Prowls planned: from Alert and from Autorooper.
Max Rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:01 AM   #25
Transformers toys has definitely evolve from being squarish G1 look to more fully articulated G1 style.
Stepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:15 AM   #26
Digital Gypsy
Collection Count: 150+
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard77 View Post

I gotta agree with you. I am thinking that my classics collection is primarily going to be a 3rd party collection because the Has/Tak stuff is really not the best.

Personally I have debated multiple times on selling my classic, but I just cannot do it. Maybe after these pics I will, but I will find out after all that is done.

The other thing I have been thinking is to blog my opinions on each figure, or impressions on each.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthtownKid View Post
These are really interesting because I would not have expected to like the Classics versions least in each and every case. And especially not by such a wide margin.

I'm sure this wasn't the intent of the thread, but looking at those pictures makes me feel like I am completely done with Classics and need more Alternators.

Yeah, that is the one thing that makes the comparisons a little unfair. But I'm kind of shocked how unappealing each of those Classics figures looks next to their counterparts. I had to have seen comparisons like these before, so I can't figure out what it is that is only now making me feel this way.

edit: I posted right after looking at the pictures and before reading any comments, so I'm kind of glad there are others noticing how underwhelming the Classics figures are coming off here, and that it's not me going crazy.
It was making these kind of comparison's that made me ditch whatever classics I had left bar Cyclonus (I really like him) and Bumblebee (as, accuracy be damned, I really like him with my Alts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Blunder View Post
Even Rodimus isn't terrible - after all, the G1 toy is, to put it politely, a hunk of ass.
don't be crazy. G1 Hot Rod is a stupidly fun toy. The classics version manages to remove almost everything that was chracterful of the original and replace it with ass.
scubaboy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:31 AM   #27
Prepare for extermination
Collection Count: 33
Awesome photos and great idea man!

TBF to classics tho if they were also pimped out with reprolabels they wouldn't come out of this so bad. Now I don't have G1 Hound but case in point:

Obviously looking past the shitty pic Classics Hound comes into his own when stickered up....IMHO at least and I'd say the darker Henkei one would look even better.
TigerBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:40 AM   #28
Decepticon
This is a great thread idea,look forward to seeing future pics of Sideswipe,Soundwave,etc
Sai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:52 AM   #29
Stunticon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai View Post
This is a great thread idea,look forward to seeing future pics of...Soundwave
Bit pointless really.
Till we get MP Soundwave, G1 Soundwave is easily going to wipe the floor with any rivals, including ML Soundwave!
WTB: MP Prowl right robot foot!
Swoop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #30
Omnibot
Man! That is awesome. Keep it coming.
TFPrimeReborn is offline   Reply With Quote