Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Botcon 2012 : The Nail in the Coffin to the Classics / G1 Collector (And Bay Movies)

Reply Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #21
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: Approx 35
I've been more or less 3rd party only for a while now so the total lack of anything I'm intrested in buying from the Botcon announcements wasn't really a suprise.
bcm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #22
Banned
Collection Count: Not Sure Lost Count
News Credits: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcm77 View Post
I've been more or less 3rd party only for a while now so the total lack of anything I'm intrested in buying from the Botcon announcements wasn't really a suprise.
I as well. I filled my lines out with 3rd party and g1 versions.
UltimusPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #23
Junior Smeghead
Collection Count: not enough :)
Movie stuff, yea I don't think we will see that again until Transformers 4 when the only new figures on the shelves will be movie toys. I know movie collectors are mad because not having all the characters is never fun, but it's a break for the rest of us to get stuff.

Given how little was shown at Bot Con I've got a feeling that there is a huge amount of stuff that hasn't been shown or the upcoming releases are going to be really light. So it's a bit early for me to say what else Hasbro will release. Wouldn't be the first time that Hasbro saved all the good stuff for Comic Con instead of showing it at Bot Con.

Like other people have said the big game figures push is likely to make up for how lightly they were pushed the first time. The figures seem to have sold very well and it left lots of fans wondering is this it because the first figures just barely scratched the surface of characters the game had to offer.
Ash from Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #24
Shattered Glass Autobot
Collection Count: 50
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanckEpoch View Post
Toys not ready to be shown then? It's part of a marketing thing...you don't blow your entire load at one venue, instead you want to spread 'em out over the major ones so you've got something for people to look forward to...hype up people with new reveals at each con.

Anyways, I don't understand this thread, and those like it. What part of Generations 2013 STARTS with FoC, then we'll get some Classicsverse characters do people not understand? Has high school reading comprehension gone down the drain again on TFW2005?
I just miss when Conventions used to be just franchise/genre specific, now everything is so commercial and a blend, which is why I see Naruto crap next to the Avengers, when that can easily be in anime cons.
''No one is innocent'' ---Rodimus Prime
twiztidRodimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #25
Shots
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash from Carolina View Post

Like other people have said the big game figures push is likely to make up for how lightly they were pushed the first time. The figures seem to have sold very well and it left lots of fans wondering is this it because the first figures just barely scratched the surface of characters the game had to offer.
And also because Hasbro wants *NEW* fans with these video game figures. These FOC figures are designed to get the video game fans, over which a million bought the first game, to become Transformers fans and start buying the merchandise.

Those video game fans don't give a crap about Classics or G1, they want figures based on the game they just played; every successful video game line has figures for it, generally from NECA. The difference is Hasbro is in a position to make the figures themselves and this time, they are doing it. Hasbro is treating FOC the same way they treat a movie or television show, rather than the lackluster treatment it got before.

There was no push for the figures for the first game because no one knew how it would do. Now that it's a big success, Hasbro is going to turn video game fans into Transformers fans who, in the future, will then buy Classics and whatever else they put out.

Also, FOC toys get free advertising on video game websites. Classics figures do not.

But if every video game player who enjoys the game becomes a Transformers fan, it means a healthier brand and the opportunity for more Classics figures, as Hasbro tries to then get them hooked on the brand as a whole.
Roufuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #26
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: Approx 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimusPrime View Post
I as well. I filled my lines out with 3rd party and g1 versions.
I had to chuckle when I read about Classics Arcee.

All the diehards fell for Hasbro's fake promises and as I expected they ended up not making one

Judging by the language used when asked about Springer I think they're probably talking crap there as well.

And saying that all 5 Dinobots are "hard to do" is definitely Hasbro speak for "You'll get Grimlock but if you want the others you're SOL".

I'd perhaps have been intrested in the Voyager Soundwave had it been out for the first game but Fans Toys have emerged since then and theirs will be the one I get.

The ethics of the 3rd parties will be debated about until the end of time but I think they're providing an excellent alternative to the official stuff.
bcm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #27
TFW2005 Supporter
Collection Count: Bushels
Boy, if I had a new Classics-based subline for every time someone proclaimed Classics "dead".....

Oh, wait. I do.
Sales Thread Feedback Thread
WhiteMocha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #28
I'm an agile cat.
Collection Count: Shrek is life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisr291 View Post
I dunno, seems like we are jumping to conclusions.
Transformers fans jumping to conclusions?

I find that unlikely.

''Brevity is the soul of wit.'' - Bill Shakesguy
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #29
Banned
G1_Cindersaur's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 2
good.

my wallet needs some down time anyway...it has been worked overtime like a hooker in vegas...it needs to rest and restore it's vitality and endurance...
G1_Cindersaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #30
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: not enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimusPrime View Post
What part of 2012 do you not understand?

I know there will be more toys for the next movie. The movie line got screwed and now the classics line is screwed.

I am talking about this drought of classics and movie figures for 2012.
Probably the part where your opening post doesn't mention 2012 outside of "BotCon 2012", which would lead many to believe you mean "as of BotCon 2012" instead of for the year 2012. The only time in you OP that you talk about this year is when you say it's too bad those things are coming to the west this year, which again does not mean you are talking solely and only about 2012. It is not until several posts later that you actually say that you are only talking about the year 2012.
CelticMutt is offline   Reply With Quote