Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

KRE-O Appreciation Thread

Reply Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #221
Tiiiiim Thomas!
Collection Count: More than 500, that's for sure
News Credits: 18
I've been able to transform them all no problem without parts falling off but you have to be careful. I usually superglue some parts or sections to make the models sturdier for play or in case something happens (like when my Megatron took a dive from the 3rd shelf)...
Coming soon: minitroptimus (ETA: Oct. 23).
megatroptimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:35 AM   #222
Lord of Constructicons
Collection Count: 1052
It just dawned on me, Hasbro has yet to give us a Kre-O Rodimus Prime or Hot Rod, and that would be epic... Especially if he's done up ala G1 in Winnebago mode.

Another thing, why is my new Vortex so pink, purple and other odd colors? I don't remember that paint job on Vortex before. He looks... Unique I suppose when mixed in with other Kre-O sets, but he still has odd coloration choices. Since Quest for Energon is meant to reflect the Prime line does this mean that Prime Vortex is Pink?
Lost in a sea of bricks, Kre-O is everywhere.

Cybertron.ca feedback:http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ight=scrapper6
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #223
SurlyJ's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: More than 1, less than all
News Credits: 1
So I think I officially have the best kre-o luck. I bought my first single blind pack about 2 weeks ago and got sunstorm. Then last weeks bought 3 more, got waspinator, galvatron and spinster. Then today I bought two more and, buhduhduhduh, crankshaft and scorponok. 6 blind packs purchased and all six figures!
SurlyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #224
Vehicon
Collection Count: 300ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Another thing, why is my new Vortex so pink, purple and other odd colors? I don't remember that paint job on Vortex before. He looks... Unique I suppose when mixed in with other Kre-O sets, but he still has odd coloration choices. Since Quest for Energon is meant to reflect the Prime line does this mean that Prime Vortex is Pink?
More than likely based on the FoC concept colors.

Man, I really want Vortex. Looks like he has a pretty good out of box bot mode.
Think between the two Vortex kreons and Spinister, I'm gonna decide which Vortex looks better with the other combaticons and have the others be Spinister and Blackout, depending on colors.
Tikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #225
Predacon
Collection Count: a significant amount.
Send a message via AIM to oswaldCobblepot Send a message via Skype™ to oswaldCobblepot
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurlyJ View Post
So I think I officially have the best kre-o luck. I bought my first single blind pack about 2 weeks ago and got sunstorm. Then last weeks bought 3 more, got waspinator, galvatron and spinster. Then today I bought two more and, buhduhduhduh, crankshaft and scorponok. 6 blind packs purchased and all six figures!
You know they have identifying numbers on the outside of the bags, right? There's no need to randomly buy them. That's pretty impeccable that you just happened to buy all six by chance though.

Junkions, Assemble! - A blog/tumblr/doodad by oswaldCobblepot dedicated to posting awesome pictures of Transformers. Updated somewhat daily on an irregular basis.
oswaldCobblepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #226
SurlyJ's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: More than 1, less than all
Quote:
Originally Posted by oswaldCobblepot View Post
You know they have identifying numbers on the outside of the bags, right? There's no need to randomly buy them. That's pretty impeccable that you just happened to buy all six by chance though.
Lol. I had no idea. When I saw 'blind pack' I just assumed they were random like gashapons often are. So I thank god I'm lucky, because apparently I'm also stupid!
SurlyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #227
Not a princess
I just bought Megatron to go with Sentinel. Both for less than $30, both awesome.
Ironhide1706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #228
Terrorcon
Collection Count: lots
I went to TRU to pick up Rotor Rage with some b-day money (I've only seen him at TRU). Lo and behold, they were having a BOGO free KreO sale and there was one Sentinel Prime set marked at 22 bucks. I grabbed him with Vortex, but noticed Sentinel's packaging was opened. I looked inside, and of course, Soundave and T-Cracker Kreons were missing. I brought it to customer service, reported the problem, and asked if there were any more in the back. Luckily they had 14 more so I got nice new one.

Anyway, long story short, I bought Rotor Rage and got a free Sentinel Prime set!! Haven't built them yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
Blot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #229
Black Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noideaforaname View Post
seemingly every wrist-joint is stressed straight out of the package -- except, curiously, the "miner" Vehicon's gun arm (which you have to insert yourself), which makes me wonder if this is some kind of manufacturing problem rather than just cheap plastic/poor design.
The older Megatron and Shockwave don't have any stress marks, and I've removed and reinserted their hands a few times. Strange.
All the Kreons from this year have redesigned hands compared to the 2011 releases. They have a slightly angled "wrist" which is a bit chunkier. Sadly it doesn't seem that the arm's "cuff" was made any larger to allow for this, which is why every single one has those horrible stress marks.

I wish they'd sort it out
Optimist Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #230
Decepticon Intelligence
Botch's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: a lot
There, I Fixed It

I was really excited to get Scorponok, Galvatron and the rest of the preview wave of Microchangers. (All Decepticons, yay!) But when I finally got them and put them together, I was quite disappointed by one recurring aspect: the chest pieces. As you know, most of the figures were wearing these "lifevest" pieces that fit over their torsos in order to provide a peg on the back for attaching Scorponok's tail, Waspinator's wings, etc. But what the promotional pictures of these little guys didn't show was all this awesome lineart on their torsos that's actually faithful to the original toy. And these "lifevest" pieces were covering it up!

So it seemed like one had to choose: you could have back accessories or you could have cool chest art, but you couldn't have both. "That's not right!" I thought. "Surely there must exist a piece that adds the backpeg without covering the front. So I went searching on [Links are hidden for guests. Please Register.] and found one:

Mini Fig. Back Palte W. Knob
Color Family: Grey
Exact Color: DARK STONE GREY
Category: Figure Accessories, Upper Body
Element ID: 4210469
Design ID: 42446
Price: 0.25 USD

Unfortunately I can't link directly to the part on [Links are hidden for guests. Please Register.], but from the "Category" dropdown select "Figure Accessories, Upper Body" and you'll see it. And it only costs 25 cents each (plus shipping)! I bought 40 of them.

Behold:

Scorponok still has his tail, but now you can see his chest!

Same with Galvatron. I didn't like the default back ornamentation the instructions described, so I'm still working on this one.

The back plate piece can be used between the legs and torso as well. Result: Waspinator with both wings *and* abdomen! I also removed the green Jazz helmet because it looked dumb and the full face was much better. Now if only there were a way to do antennae...

"What about Spinister?" you ask. "Instead of a standard back peg, he has that pin for his helicopter propeller. How did you fix him?" Well, I'll tell ya. Using needlenose plyers to hold the top part steady, I cleanly snapped off the front part of his "lifevest" and used black felt marker to hide the white stress marks. Works for me!

So anyway, guys, I highly recommend getting some of these "back plate" pieces and improving your Kre-Os.

~ Botch

http://www.botchthecrab.com/archive
Botch is offline   Reply With Quote