Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Is this a super rare version G1 Bumblebee?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2012, 12:51 AM   #21
Airachnid's ratservant
TrueNomadSkies's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 15,808
Location: The Canadian West
News Credits: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to TrueNomadSkies
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyshaft View Post
Shill bidding accusations on this are unwarranted and uninformed.
Perhaps, but the fact that you could by a "common" one for a fraction of that price & simply remove the sticker kinda sides with the hate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by x BlackMagnus x View Post
Protip: Don't want strange growths in your mouth? Don't give oral to unsavory women.
TrueNomadSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:40 AM   #22
Quintesson
jonnyshaft's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNomadSkies View Post
Perhaps, but the fact that you could by a "common" one for a fraction of that price & simply remove the sticker kinda sides with the hate.
This is a first run MOSC 1984 pre-rub Bumblebee. You can speculate as to how many still exist, but there is a record of 4 existing according to AFA.
And this may be the best preserved one.
So opening it up and replacing the sticker isnt really an option.
jonnyshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:55 AM   #23
Airachnid's ratservant
TrueNomadSkies's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 15,808
Location: The Canadian West
News Credits: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to TrueNomadSkies
I don't mean placing a sticker on this one because that'd be silly. I was joking about buying a regular G1 Bee & removing the rubsign, as you'd essentially end up with the same thing, minus the monetary value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by x BlackMagnus x View Post
Protip: Don't want strange growths in your mouth? Don't give oral to unsavory women.
TrueNomadSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:21 AM   #24
Exclusively Exclusive
RoboticPlanet's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,935
Location: A planet of robots, USA
News Credits: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishdirt View Post
and what really happened:

[Links are hidden for guests. Please Register.]


I'm surprised a non afa graded pre rub went for more then 2 k but who knows, might be a 5 year old or someone with disposal money that is equal to my income or someone figured out how Bill me later works
I never heard that part of the $1 Million Collection story before, but I don't believe for a second there was actually any 5-year-old involved. No doubt just some idiot messing around on eBay.

This Bumblebee though got picked up by someone who knows what they are doing, at least judging by the history of AFA'd TF pics he's posted on TFW.
RoboticPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #25
The Voice of Experience
rework's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,593
Location: Northern VA
Collection Count: Thousands.... Really, I mean it!
Send a message via Yahoo to rework
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrismonkey View Post
I can tell you for a fact that the original pre rub mini cars came in car mode.

I have very clear memories of finding Huffer and Windcharger at Target and buying them when I was 9 or 10.
I'll confirm that - I have in my hand 2 year one (without the free mini-spy) Gears cardbacks - One vehicle mode, one robot mode.

***I'm at UR Flee Markets, Buyin' all UR Transformerz!***
LJ: http://tfrework.livejournal.com/
rework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #26
Quintesson
jonnyshaft's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNomadSkies View Post
I don't mean placing a sticker on this one because that'd be silly. I was joking about buying a regular G1 Bee & removing the rubsign, as you'd essentially end up with the same thing, minus the monetary value.
Cant argue with that "logic"...unless we keep overlooking that its factory sealed.
jonnyshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #27
Terrorcon
Prime Noble's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,909
Location: Ireland
Collection Count: 857 + 156 KO's
$2,600 on a legends sized toy?

What's that old saying? "A fool and his money are soon parted!"
Prime Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #28
Not a Decepticon
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 640
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Noble View Post
$2,600 on a legends sized toy?

What's that old saying? "A fool and his money are soon parted!"
It's all about perspective though...maybe for someone who has 10,000 in the bank it's a ridiculous amount of money, but for someone with 1000000, it's not so much.
Ebay Feedback

TFW 2005 Feedback
beanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #29
Quintesson
jonnyshaft's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Noble View Post
$2,600 on a legends sized toy?

What's that old saying? "A fool and his money are soon parted!"
Just by saying "legends size toy" shows you lack even a modicrum of a clue about this item.

Once again, if anyone would rather have a chug, or a hanki, or a reissue, or whatever, fine, I dont give a shit, nor should I. Not my money.

I still havent seen one reason as to why anyone should care about what another collector does with their money. If you want to call the winner dumb, back up your argument.
jonnyshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #30
Airachnid's ratservant
TrueNomadSkies's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 15,808
Location: The Canadian West
News Credits: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to TrueNomadSkies
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyshaft View Post
Cant argue with that "logic"...unless we keep overlooking that its factory sealed.
Again, that's not the point that I was making, at all. If someone's buying this, then I'd be willing to be that they're doing so largely for the financial or collector investment because practically speaking, they're not getting a better display piece or to than they would when compared to spending 20 dollars on a more common one. That's the point, not that I'm trying to dispute the understood market value of the Bumblebee.

The fact that there's only 4 in the world is irrelevant in terms of pretty much everything other than value & rarity, which is why I was joking about getting a cheap one & playing with the sticker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by x BlackMagnus x View Post
Protip: Don't want strange growths in your mouth? Don't give oral to unsavory women.
TrueNomadSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Hobby Link Japan