Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey
View Poll Results: Poll closed.
Closed? 0 0%
Yup, closed. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Reply Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #5401
Prepare for termination!
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowermasterJazz View Post
That's why VW had all those Star Wars related commercials about a year ago? War is in the frickin title for Gods sake.
Doesn't mean we'll get Transformers toys out of the equation. It's a point that's been brought up before.
Timesynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #5402
I give up.
Collection Count: 544.
News Credits: 31
Quote:
That's why VW had all those Star Wars related commercials about a year ago? War is in the frickin title for Gods sake.
Money talks bull$hit walks.

When VW smell enough money, they overlook what Darth Vader was apparently at least partially based on.
miscreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #5403
Electric Monk
Sweeny28's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 7 Space Shuttles, 5 Optimii and a Piranacon in a Pear tree
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Good point but there's a big difference between using star wars characters and using their own actual product, transforming it and weaponising it! It's not the use of characters it's the use of their product and making so-called 'war-toys'. Germany still has huge cultural issues with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscreant View Post
Money talks bull$hit walks.

When VW smell enough money, they overlook what Darth Vader was apparently at least partially based on.
Yep probably true, ethics go out the window if there is enough cash involved. Liking the weaponless route others have suggested.
Sweeny28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #5404
OMEGAPRIME1983's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: currently.. about 150 or so I think
News Credits: 2
I agree with the money talks statement. If there's enough cash involved, well.... There's a price for everything. Just curious though... Does that mean that a Bumblebee figure in scale would price the same as Lambor did?? I mean if Lambor's cost is partially due to his licensing, and if we are to guess that the VW license would cost more, does that mean BB will possibly cost the same as Lambor??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Chaos View Post
He's now nothing but a mere twisted shell of his former self, wrapped around a warped and chaotic spark that is withering yet thriving in a sea of despair and agony, his mind long eroded from the many thoughts of revenge for his undoing.
OMEGAPRIME1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #5405
Prepare for extermination
Collection Count: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGAPRIME1983 View Post
I agree with the money talks statement. If there's enough cash involved, well.... There's a price for everything. Just curious though... Does that mean that a Bumblebee figure in scale would price the same as Lambor did?? I mean if Lambor's cost is partially due to his licensing, and if we are to guess that the VW license would cost more, does that mean BB will possibly cost the same as Lambor??
I'd hope not with him being half the size in their scale chart. If they did Get VW to allow Porsche too they could always release a double pack with Cliffjumper and probably get away with charging slightly more than Sideswipe.
TigerBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #5406
OMEGAPRIME1983's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: currently.. about 150 or so I think
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBlade View Post
I'd hope not with him being half the size in their scale chart. If they did Get VW to allow Porsche too they could always release a double pack with Cliffjumper and probably get away with charging slightly more than Sideswipe.
I'd actually be ok with that.. In fact, I think that I would prefer that.it would mean less money spent on separate packaging and inserts and stuff like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Chaos View Post
He's now nothing but a mere twisted shell of his former self, wrapped around a warped and chaotic spark that is withering yet thriving in a sea of despair and agony, his mind long eroded from the many thoughts of revenge for his undoing.
OMEGAPRIME1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #5407
Predacon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeny28 View Post
Good point but there's a big difference between using star wars characters and using their own actual product, transforming it and weaponising it! It's not the use of characters it's the use of their product and making so-called 'war-toys'. Germany still has huge cultural issues with this.
^This.

Also, the Volkswagen 'Beetle' in particular has strong associations with the Nazi Party, because its design came about as a direct result of an order from Adolf Hitler. So, while Volkswagen may be willing to make exceptions in the case of some of their other vehicles, they are likely to be more sensitive and restrictive about how the 'Beetle' is portrayed.
Have A Cygar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #5408
The Almost-Completionist
orangeitis's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 500+, including Minicons
Send a message via Yahoo to orangeitis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Have A Cygar View Post
^This.

Also, the Volkswagen 'Beetle' in particular has strong associations with the Nazi Party, because its design came about as a direct result of an order from Adolf Hitler. So, while Volkswagen may be willing to make exceptions in the case of some of their other vehicles, they are likely to be more sensitive and restrictive about how the 'Beetle' is portrayed.
Not to mention that Bumblebee only comes in Aryan master race yellow.
orangeitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #5409
Banned
News Credits: 7
Im going to say it now. We are going to get Bumblebee and Jazz. I refuse to believe that the scale sheet with all the unique Season 1 moulds features in that MP Lambor display is meaningless.

This new MP line has me on such a high that I believe that if and when all the Season 1-3 characters are released that I can sell off everythign else and have a premium G1 collection. (Classics is gonna be hard to get rid of though, maybe a G1-Classics-MP collection )
Transbot90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #5410
Double Agent
News Credits: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Have A Cygar View Post
^This.

Oh for fuuuuck sakes. Walk down the street and find even 1 out of 50 people that will immediately say "Hitler!" or "Nazis!" when asked what they think of when talking about Volkswagon and/or the Beetle. I'll guarantee 99.9% of them will think "hippies" or "the 60's" before anyone even peeps a word about Hitler this or Nazi that.

What's next? No more Hugo Boss clothing because they dressed the Nazis and 1% of population know/remember this? What about drinking Coke? What about owning Mercedes vehicles? What about the colors grey or red? Seriously, the lengths people go to be overly sensitive and subsequently offended about things is mind blowing.
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote