Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey
View Poll Results: Poll closed.
Closed? 0 0%
Yup, closed. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Reply Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #1641
WTF is a chug?
The info I was passing along didn't specify which mold. If it comes to be, I would think it more likely to be the new mold, but that's entirely a guess...so there'd be an outside chance, I suppose.
kibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #1642
OMEGAPRIME1983's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: currently.. about 150 or so I think
News Credits: 2
So here's a question.. if Hasbro can sell the new prime for supposedly $100.. $40 more than their standard releases, then how does TakaraTomy get to sell it for twice as much? I realize they have a more limited run (I think), and the added paint apps, so I'm not saying that they shouldn't sell it for more money, but if their new Starscream runs $160, them why doesn't their new convoy only cost $200?? I think this kind of proves that they were simply trying to get as much money from those who bought it. Ultra Magnus I can see going for that much due to it being more complicated, but convoys trailer doesn't do as much, so shouldn't cost nearly that much. $230 after shipping, tops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Chaos View Post
He's now nothing but a mere twisted shell of his former self, wrapped around a warped and chaotic spark that is withering yet thriving in a sea of despair and agony, his mind long eroded from the many thoughts of revenge for his undoing.
OMEGAPRIME1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #1643
G.S.R.T. leader
Collection Count: You honestly think I can count that high?
Send a message via Skype™ to Grimmjow
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibble View Post
Not necessarily false...the rumor wasn't MP TC would be announced, only that he was coming. Remains to be seen if it actually happens or not. My speculation was that it would be announced this weekend if true. But I also thought the reveals would be a lot greater than they were in general. They hardly revealed anything, really. And to be clear, I'm not saying it will or won't happen, only trying to pass along secondhand info as accurate as possible...
I meant a US version. I have no doubts a Japanese MP Thundercracker will be coming soon, but I HIGHLY doubt he'd make it to the US before Japan...something like that has never happened before...but I'd love to be proven wrong!
Are you a citizen of the United Sates of America? If so, then serve your country and join the Giant Spider Response Team!
Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #1644
Well we did get cartoon colored Starscream first..
Quote:
He's now nothing but a mere twisted shell of his former self, wrapped around a warped and chaotic spark that is withering yet thriving in a sea of despair and agony, his mind long eroded from the many thoughts of revenge for his undoing.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #1645
I give up.
Collection Count: 547.
News Credits: 31
Well it's been pretty much outright said Takara charge what they think they can get away with. ($70 for some powercore combiners? WTF?)

But to look at it another way, Hasbro essentially admitted they want to maintain relationships with retailers... It's in their interest to prop up TRU because they're a dedicated toy retailer, and it stops Hasbro becoming completely dependent on pile-em-high sell-em-low, muscle-the-supplier, retailers.

What i'm getting at then is maybe Hasbro aren't making that much off a US release of MP10 in itself, but its a way of supporting TRU.
miscreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #1646
WTF is a chug?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmjow View Post
I meant a US version. I have no doubts a Japanese MP Thundercracker will be coming soon, but I HIGHLY doubt he'd make it to the US before Japan...something like that has never happened before...but I'd love to be proven wrong!
They meant a US version as well...sounded like it was/is also to be a TRU exclusive with a ~$60 price tag. And it has happened once...G1 deco Starscream came out here before Japan. However, if they oddly went with the previous mold, it wouldn't be before the Japan release.
kibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #1647
Terrorcon
Collection Count: 100+ (for my son...so I tell the missus!)
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscreant View Post
What i'm getting at then is maybe Hasbro aren't making that much off a US release of MP10 in itself, but its a way of supporting TRU.
Agreed. I don't think that Hasbro are selling it at cost, but this makes sense that they're offering MP's to TRU as 'incentives' at massive discounts. I can't see how they could offer it to the US at $100 and still make money.
Sort it, America!

Jaicen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #1648
Hasbro LIES to the US
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGAPRIME1983 View Post
So here's a question.. if Hasbro can sell the new prime for supposedly $100.. $40 more than their standard releases, then how does TakaraTomy get to sell it for twice as much? I realize they have a more limited run (I think), and the added paint apps, so I'm not saying that they shouldn't sell it for more money, but if their new Starscream runs $160, them why doesn't their new convoy only cost $200?? I think this kind of proves that they were simply trying to get as much money from those who bought it. Ultra Magnus I can see going for that much due to it being more complicated, but convoys trailer doesn't do as much, so shouldn't cost nearly that much. $230 after shipping, tops.
Don't try to compare a US release towards a japanese release because they have different price points to begin with. And the MP line does not have a set price point at all. Every new mould since the Seekers\Megatron has its own price, while the US releases, bar any raise, are "grouped" together.

Having said that, we don't know the profit margins for the US released masterpieces. In some releases there's no difference in "perceived" quality so its kind of hard to justify the added cost [like with Grimlock], in other cases you can see where the extra budget goes [tampographing, gloss paint, sticker sheet on Skywarp, trailer and paint on Rodimus].

As I've said before, when a new mould comes out there's much fore-planning in advance and most of the times, in non-generalized price points, it shows. Convoy was probably planned with Magnus armour from the beginning, hence the price point reflects that.

And last but not least, the exchange rate is what makes MP10 look grander than it should be. MP Seekers [takara] cost about 100 USD at 10.000 [rough estimates] yen, MP Convoy costs 22.000 yen before any 20% discounts you see on HLJ. Factoring his HLJ price of 17600 yen, with the exchange rate before it went down the drain, his price should have been around 170-190 USD.
SOC, Yamato, Hot Toys, FE and more for sale!
Feedback thread!
Knightdramon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #1649
Vehicon
Collection Count: 200+ plus a bunch of vintage G!s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch625 View Post
Are there any chances at all that an MP Thundercracker could be released in the US using the old mold? As much as I like the new MP-11 mold, I have no desire to replace my Walmart Starscream and Skywarp.
Given that Hasbro MP Skywarp sold poorly in the USA (despite flying of the shelves in the Vancouver area here in Canada) I highly doubt that a MP Thundercracker using either mold will be released in North America by Hasbro. Takara will probably do one using the new mold, but I think we're out of luck for a Hasbro release. I'd love to be wrong, though.
Signature images are to be no larger than 40 KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide. Your sig was 120.13 KB . Height: 160 Width: 500 - 2005 Staff
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #1650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
Don't try to compare a US release towards a japanese release because they have different price points to begin with. And the MP line does not have a set price point at all. Every new mould since the Seekers\Megatron has its own price, while the US releases, bar any raise, are "grouped" together.

Having said that, we don't know the profit margins for the US released masterpieces. In some releases there's no difference in "perceived" quality so its kind of hard to justify the added cost [like with Grimlock], in other cases you can see where the extra budget goes [tampographing, gloss paint, sticker sheet on Skywarp, trailer and paint on Rodimus].

As I've said before, when a new mould comes out there's much fore-planning in advance and most of the times, in non-generalized price points, it shows. Convoy was probably planned with Magnus armour from the beginning, hence the price point reflects that.

And last but not least, the exchange rate is what makes MP10 look grander than it should be. MP Seekers [takara] cost about 100 USD at 10.000 [rough estimates] yen, MP Convoy costs 22.000 yen before any 20% discounts you see on HLJ. Factoring his HLJ price of 17600 yen, with the exchange rate before it went down the drain, his price should have been around 170-190 USD.
wasn't comparing them completely, I was simply making the point that if it could be sold here, supposedly, for $100-$120, it probably would have done just as well there at the $200-$220 price point in Japan, and I'd of felt a bit taken advantage of if I had paid the full $250+ for it.. especially I'd it gets released here for less than half, granted without done of the same paint applications, which adds to the cost being so much less. So maybe the cost of the Takara version could be justified.. idk. Still seems like a lot for him.
Quote: