Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey
View Poll Results: Poll closed.
Closed? 0 0%
Yup, closed. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Reply Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #1561
Scoobs
Collection Count: 85
News Credits: 5
Galvatron soundwave or ultra magnus I would expect
scoobsterinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #1562
Hasbro LIES to the US
News Credits: 1
The only "mistake" Takara has made with the MP line thus far was the first, rushed out issue of MP09 and the fact that they acknowledged no mistake or spare parts offerings on their own.

Toy designs and prototypes change more often than what we know, Takara probably rushed the prototype of MP03 Starscream and changed it later on.

I see no fault with MP10 Convoy...besides the fact that they reissued MP01 six months before Convoy for the last time. 2.0 versions occur frequently in the toy business. Sometimes the 2.0 version is for a 10$ figure [...Animated Samurai Prowl, for instance], sometimes it's for an 100$ figure [Yamato's VF1 1/60 line] and sometimes it's for a 250+USD figure [Hot Toys, Takara and so on].
SOC, Yamato, Hot Toys, FE and more for sale!
Feedback thread!
Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:41 AM   #1563
Umbrella Corp employee
Collection Count: You honestly think I can count that high?
Send a message via Skype™ to Grimmjow
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscreant View Post
Endless Convoys, no Coneheads, Sloppy QC on MP9, shoehorning movie toys into a line with "Masterpiece" in the name.

All "Masterpiece " really means to Takara is 'How much money can we make from this?'.
Maybe we'll get some out of the MP11 mold? After all, Takara does love repaints...and Coneheads would sell.
For those of you with Minecraft for PC, please join SoupCraft! We are currently using 1.7.10. IP: 81.19.217.134:28930
Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:09 AM   #1564
I give up.
Collection Count: 558.
News Credits: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobsterinc View Post
Galvatron soundwave or ultra magnus I would expect
All been alluded to. Although supposedly Galvatron and Magnus were pushed back, whilst Soundwave was bought forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
The only "mistake" Takara has made with the MP line thus far was the first, rushed out issue of MP09 and the fact that they acknowledged no mistake or spare parts offerings on their own.

Toy designs and prototypes change more often than what we know, Takara probably rushed the prototype of MP03 Starscream and changed it later on.
IIRC, Takara apparently did directly replace defective units for some consumers. Whether this was with the 'proper' revised verison, or interim units (possibly still partially defected), and how many numbers, i don't know.

Mp Seekers: They ditched the more cartoon accurate mold, ditched the cartoon deco in favor of something apparently more realistic, handed the design over to Shoji Kawamori. A somewhat skeptical evaluation might be that they were more interested in attracting Macross collectors. And then they let it out in that greenish-grey color.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmjow View Post
.and Coneheads would sell.
I think, Tcracker did tell us they weren't on the cards, but it's apparent there has been an about turn somewhere along the line.
miscreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #1565
Lbsammills51's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Somewhere past 2000...
News Credits: 8
Send a message via AIM to Lbsammills51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmjow View Post
Maybe we'll get some out of the MP11 mold? After all, Takara does love repaints...and Coneheads would sell.
Though I remain curious about Takara's views on the Coneheads, I've been waiting and hoping for official versions of Dirge, Ramjet and Thrust to buy and hope Takara reconsiders them for a release in the line down the road.

How much they'd sell though, given they're not the same in name value as much as Skywarp and Thundercracker are, along with the presence of the iGear Seekers, I'm not sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
The importance of suck a thread belongs in General Discussions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard77
I see so many people complain about potatoes...
Sales Thread / Feedback / Want List/ Twitter
Lbsammills51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:42 AM   #1566
Umbrella Corp employee
Collection Count: You honestly think I can count that high?
Send a message via Skype™ to Grimmjow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbsammills51 View Post
Though I remain curious about Takara's views on the Coneheads, I've been waiting and hoping for official versions of Dirge, Ramjet and Thrust to buy and hope Takara reconsiders them for a release in the line down the road.

How much they'd sell though, given they're not the same in name value as much as Skywarp and Thundercracker are, along with the presence of the iGear Seekers, I'm not sure.
True about the name thing, but I think they'd sell well enough. They just need to try it & see.
For those of you with Minecraft for PC, please join SoupCraft! We are currently using 1.7.10. IP: 81.19.217.134:28930
Grimmjow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #1567
Hasbro LIES to the US
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscreant View Post

IIRC, Takara apparently did directly replace defective units for some consumers. Whether this was with the 'proper' revised verison, or interim units (possibly still partially defected), and how many numbers, i don't know.
I got a direct quote from amiami back then stating that Takara did not acknowledge any returns or defective merchandise on Rodimus...
SOC, Yamato, Hot Toys, FE and more for sale!
Feedback thread!
Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #1568
I give up.
Was having a bit of a fiddle with MP11 at lunch time.

If and when they get to Thundercracker and Skywarp, would be nice if they get unique face sculpts.

Not the exaggerated alternate faces used on previous versions, but something different enough if you look closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdramon View Post
I got a direct quote from amiami back then stating that Takara did not acknowledge any returns or defective merchandise on Rodimus...

Slightly disappointed, but not entirely surprised.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #1569
TFW2005 Supporter
News Credits: 12
Whatever small chance there may have been in the past for Takara to make the coneheads, I'd say it's pretty much a dead issue now because of iGear. What could Takara do, outside of creating an entirely new mold, that would differentiate the figure from the iGear coneheads?

Plus, it's been said numerous times before that the villain characters don't sell as well in Japan. That's why we've only seen Megatron (leader) and Starscream (2nd in command) so far, then Skywarp & Thundercracker came about because the mold was already created and the repaint costs were fairly minimal. Then there is the rumor of a forthcoming Galvatron, another leader. Not to imply that Takara is above asking customers to buy a new version of a previously issued figure, but at least with Prime it's a brand new mold, and with Starscream it's slightly modified and has extra accessories (crown, etc). Not to mention that they are main characters, two of the most recognizeable in the series.

With the coneheads, they are second-tier (arguably third-tier) characters and I would imagine that most Masterpiece collectors have already snatched them up from iGear since the likelihood of ever seeing them produced by Takara was so slim. Also, since they are not really "main" characters, it's not very likely that those who already own the coneheads would double-dip for Takara's version just because they're "official."

It's one thing to double-dip on a new Optimus Prime figure, it's another thing to ask somebody to fork over another $130+ for Dirge.

Last edited by payton34; 04-17-2012 at 10:14 AM..
payton34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #1570
I give up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by payton34 View Post

It's one thing to double-dip on a new Optimus Prime figure, it's another thing to ask somebody to fork over another $130+ for Dirge.

There's another MP DIRGE??? GIMMIE!!!!

I think, the fact that new tooling would be needed for each, and the relative lack of recognition to which you referred, might stop Takara from releasing them.

Might. This thread is a lot of guesswork at times.