Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

do you have problems with customs when ordering from china etc?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: approx: 100
News Credits: 1
do you have problems with customs when ordering from china etc?

hi im new here so i dont know if this is a repeat or not. if it is, then mod please erase. but i wanted to know if anyone here had problems with customs ordering transformers from china? i get packages always say inboud / handed over to customs all the time. but have not been charge yet. so i guess im being lucky so far. anyone have had bad expierences ordering overseas? any nightmares or anyone stop ordering overseas completely for another reason? i myself is getting annoyed from ordering overseas. how about anyone here?
mac&cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
I give up.
Collection Count: Death by robot.
News Credits: 32
Your location field is blank, so for the sake of clarity, are you in the U.S?

Or elsewhere?

Nothing is absolutely 100% bulletproof, but unless you happen to live in a country with an especially punitive/inefficient customs or postal system the benefits of ordering from most overseas countries will usually far outweigh the disadvantages.
miscreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
ming mong ping pong
Only the heroin.

I order a few bits and pieces from HK without any issue, and loads of stuff from JP with an *ahem* imaginative customs value recorded. Never had one held by customs yet.
chugway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #4
ming mong ping pong
Ps. The heroin was a lie.
chugway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #5
Toylover
Everything I've ever ordered from Japan, China, Taiwan (technically part of China, yes) and Hong Kong (yes, also technically part of China) has always shown as "Inbound Into Customs" and "Outbound from Customs" or something like that. My packages are always in and out in a matter of minutes to hours. I've always assumed it was just part of international mail processing and that every package coming from outside the US goes through customs.
eriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:41 AM   #6
D.I.Y. or die
joebot.'s Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: too many
Send a message via AIM to joebot.
I've never had problems but I have only had small stuff shipped

joebot. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #7
Toylover
Can someone with uppercase font in their name please respond?
eriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:55 PM   #8
8 Years Old Since 1984!
Ruination04's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: I have no idea!!
News Credits: 5
Well, I have had a KO G1 Shockwave shipped to me from China and I was really nervous about that, with it being a gun and all...but I got it no problems...

My Buy-Sell-Trade Page
TFW2005 Feedback
My eBay Feedback
Ruination04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #9
Decepticon
b-r0ck's Ebay Auctions
Problems? Never. It does however take an awfully long time... I've had shipments come from China that took 6 weeks or more so be prepared to wait. I've also had to pay duty on some sealed MISB items which is never pleasant (it can get quite expensive!). You will save yourself a lot of hassle if you are prepared to pay %10 of the purchase price in duty. It's almost never cheaper to get stuff from China and I never would if I could find the same thing in North America. Let resellers worry about overseas shipping.
Feedback
b-r0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:28 PM   #10
Disguise: Check. Robot...
Collection Count: Call me Luthor because it's never too much, never too much, never too much...
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriku View Post
Taiwan (technically part of China, yes) and Hong Kong (yes, also technically part of China)
Not if you ask anyone from Taiwan or Hong Kong. LOL

Anyway.

I haven't had much of a problem with customs, as in having a package take longer than a week to get to me. Though I have ended up with boxes that were opened up by customs before making its way over to my Post Office. No big deal, really.
Support local business ninjas.
QmTablit is offline   Reply With Quote