Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

ROTF Human Alliance VS Leader Class

Reply Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2009, 02:09 AM   #1
Mini-Con
ROTF Human Alliance VS Leader Class

So I am really trying to limit myself on what toys I buy, mainly due to scale. It has always frustrated me that in a line, characters are never to scale with each other. Recent example: I loved 2007's movie Bonecrusher, but I could never set him up with a Prime to fight. Well now I am only going with the Human Alliance toys but I really want a Prime and the Arcee triplets.

Does anyone have the Human Alliance toys and Leader Class Prime? How do they look next to each other, scale accurate?

Next, the Arcee that comes with Skids is much smaller than the Deluxe Arcee and Chromia; and really doesn't look like her movie image. Any thoughts/recommendations?

Thanks all!
CzechSkates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:47 AM   #2
Aerialbot
News Credits: 2
Prime is a bit short compared to the HA figures, who are about right compared to their humans, but he is tall enough. More of a problem with the animation model bringing robot parts out of nowhere to make him a decent size compared to the cons than anything.
Faxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:08 AM   #3
Captain Funtastic
News Credits: 3
For me personally, the Arcees and Prime are close enough to display decently with the HA toys. Sure they arn't perfect, but they are far from Bonecrusher vs Prime in 07. The HAs are a bit big compared to Prime, but they are atleast somewhat close, and Prime is a good enough figure to get by. The bikes may be a little iffy, but still look alright IMO since they are slender deluxes. That being said, I like to hide the bike sisters a bit in my collection. Not exactly the best figures no matter who you display them with.

What I find strange is that the Arcee that comes with HA Skids matches more closely with the mold for Deluxe Chromia, and vice versa with the concept design of the Chromia that is going to come with Mudflap.

Wants: Botcon Grimlock, Dreadwing, Henkei Sunstreaker, G1 Mirage rear tire.
barrelks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:11 AM   #4
Anguirus's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Pleading the fifth.
News Credits: 5
I'm planning to display Leader Prime, Leader Starscream, HA BB, HA Barricade, and Ravage all together.

...only ones I have right now are BB and Ravage, but A BOY CAN DREAM. Anyway, scale is quite important to me but even though Ravage is a bit too big and the Leaders a bit too small I can deal. It's not like I'd buy a bigger size than a Leader anyway.
I'm reviewing MtMtE at Deadshirt.net! Latest review: MtMtE #27 (Dark Cybertron Chapter 10)
Sale and Trade, Feedback, Want Thread
Anguirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:14 AM   #5
#Bionicle2015
Collection Count: Could be considered a problem...
The scaling is probably the worst with Bumblebee, but it isn't horrible. If you don't display them directly next to each other it's hard even to notice the size difference.

As for the Biker Twins, I'd say go for it. I like them, and they are at the front of my ROTF shelf. They are weird, but not in a bad way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloid1177 View Post
Haloid.
You talk about Haloid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergonWaffles View Post
Every damn day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandiprime97 View Post
Oh yes.
Haloid1177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #6
"No Mas" My Wallet
Collection Count: 255
News Credits: 1
first off scale has never been a much of a factor in any TF line so i do not much worry about it and buy what i like and display it how i wish, but that said from in store comparisons Leader prime seems to be a bit out of the scale your wanting when compared to the HA line

3DSfriendcode : 0147-0004-7889
grimlock1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #7
#Bionicle2015
Collection Count: Could be considered a problem...
The one HA figure I can recommend with pretty good scaling is Skids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloid1177 View Post
Haloid.
You talk about Haloid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergonWaffles View Post
Every damn day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandiprime97 View Post
Oh yes.
Haloid1177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:10 PM   #8
I give up.
Collection Count: 542.
News Credits: 31
People should stop beating themselves up over scale, and just buy the darn toys.
miscreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:22 PM   #9
Attack Buffalo
Collection Count: 810
News Credits: 19
get prime no matter what. he's awesome.
I'm selling things!

Help keep Transformers Animated alive! Preorder Bluster & Trench today, exclusively at Planet Steel Express by clicking this banner!
Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:49 PM   #10
Anguirus's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Pleading the fifth.
News Credits: 5
Thing is, the Deluxe cars are really a bit small compared to Leader Prime, and I'd rather have a great fig that's a little big than a good fig that's a little small anyway. What I would avoid doing is displaying HA BB with Voyager OP, that would look a little off.

As far as "the darn toys," I'll buy what I want to buy.
I'm reviewing MtMtE at Deadshirt.net! Latest review: MtMtE #27 (Dark Cybertron Chapter 10)
Sale and Trade, Feedback, Want Thread
Anguirus is offline   Reply With Quote