Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

How to tell the new KO Reissues apart from authentic toys.

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #731
Banned
Collection Count: More than I can easily count
News Credits: 5
Transformers Movie 3 Ultimate Optimus Prime-China import | eBay

Anyone bought one of these I can't seem to get an answer if they are KO's or just the chinese market release packaging?

Of if they are the same quality as the original ones if they are fake (i.e. made in the same moulds on the side)
RedAlert Rescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #732
Collection Count: 100+
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAlert Rescue View Post
Transformers Movie 3 Ultimate Optimus Prime-China import | eBay

Anyone bought one of these I can't seem to get an answer if they are KO's or just the chinese market release packaging?

Of if they are the same quality as the original ones if they are fake (i.e. made in the same moulds on the side)
I thought I answered your question, chimingmung has that ultimate op listed as a KO.
BLITZWING ARM FIX
15 minute job to fix your blitzwing arms so they lock in how they should from the factory.
NEED: GODGINRAI-POWERMASTER APEX red wing and black blaster
Snake_eyes1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #733
Protectobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean56 View Post
Are the "high-end" KOs of the headmasters, combiners, and reflector from Chimungmung compatible with authentic G1 figures? Just the accessories? I have real figures, but the accessories are so expensive I'm thinking of picking up some KOs just for the accessories. So do the heads, weapons, combiner bits fit onto real G1s?

Thanks!
Sorry to be a bother, but would anyone be able to help me out here?
Thanks!
soybean56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #734
The Devil Express
News Credits: 7
Send a message via AIM to Might Gaine
Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean56 View Post
Sorry to be a bother, but would anyone be able to help me out here?
Thanks!
I think you'll probably find that the guns fit, but exchanging body parts may be hit and miss.
~( '.' )~
Might Gaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #735
Banned
Collection Count: More than I can easily count
News Credits: 5
I know some have problems with the KO Dinobot Swoop's weapons fitting even on the toy they come with.
RedAlert Rescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #736
Predacon
Collection Count: Over 100 and counting
News Credits: 3
My HQ KO Grimlock and Sludge's guns/swords don't fit the authentic ones and likewise my HQ KO Aerialbots connectors don't plug into my authentic Silverbolt.
johnchow604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:31 AM   #737
Quintesson
maz25's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: >100
I did not have the time to read through this entire thread. What is the datestamp on the KO dinobots? I had read on the ko comparison website, it is just "Takara". Has this changed? Are KO dinobots made with the "Has/Tak" stamp?
My dinos Sludge and Slag have the Has/Tak stamp. The Slag has both on the same leg. The Sludge has both, but the mold according to Fred's is the Macau mold since the indent is oval and not square, but is reads takara and not Macau.
maz25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:53 AM   #738
Protectobot
Thanks for the replies everyone. Sounds like it's better chances than a coin flip that the KO parts won't fit my authentic figures. Sadness.
soybean56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #739
assembles the drones
Collection Count: TFs > Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAlert Rescue View Post
I know some have problems with the KO Dinobot Swoop's weapons fitting even on the toy they come with.
I had to shave the post on my ko Swoop's blaster just to get him to be able to hold it. His sword fits fine though. His sword also fits my legit Dinobots as well.

There is One who has all power...
PSN - skywarp727
T-Logicon's feedback

Last edited by T-Logicon; 02-02-2013 at 11:54 AM..
T-Logicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:09 AM   #740
Mini-Con
Credit where credit is due Might.

[QUOTE=Might Gaine;8812059]We were right: Qiupaul/Mcdolltutu has been selling Computrons in fake packaging as "MIB"! He's selling a "repro box" now. Confirmation came that his old MIB auctions were scams when I noticed they lacked the little arrow next to "TECH SPECS Clip and Save!" There are apparently two different versions of the fake box: the "MIB" scam ones have just the one difference. The ones he's selling as "repro boxes" now have a lot more differences.

Ha! Your welcome Might. From the same scam I tried to explain to you and the board in this very thread over a year ago. And btw...once again, those ain't G1 85' original Technobots he's been packing into the repro boxes for years....aka longer than it should have EVER taken for an "official" statement about this unbelievable scam to be made.

Next time, please listen to me the first, 2nd, 4th or 10th time I try to warn you about a scam, and maybe we can work together to help a few more unassuming people from being ripped off.

Credit where credit's due amigo. I'm the one that blew the lid off this thing over a year ago. The proof is in the thread correspondences.

aaaand, you're welcome.
TheMint1980 is offline   Reply With Quote