Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

How to tell the new KO Reissues apart from authentic toys.

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 04:34 AM   #711
Electric Monk
Sweeny28's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 7 Space Shuttles, 5 Optimii and a Piranacon in a Pear tree
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMostWanted559x View Post
I thought real ones only have takara? I'm lost lol
Sorry I mis-read this website: [Links are hidden for guests. Please Register.]

Just wanted someone with a ko to confirm what if anything is stamped on them, as I'm confused!
Sweeny28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #712
K-Mart-ian Legend
Collection Count: 701
News Credits: 1
Send a message via AIM to Tripredacus Send a message via MSN to Tripredacus
The guide alone does not answer this specific question. I keep forgetting to look at mine. Since I know my Dinobots (I don't have all of them mind you) are legit, I can at least confirm what are on legit ones. In the mean time, you could look in the Collection Showcase for other people who have loose Dinobots and ask them what stamps they have on theirs.
Tripredacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:51 PM   #713
Electric Monk
Sweeny28's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 7 Space Shuttles, 5 Optimii and a Piranacon in a Pear tree
Ok thanks, will do.
Sweeny28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #714
Collector of many
Collection Count: 800+
Is there any kind of a KO G1 Ultra Magnus out there? I looked around and couldn't find any info for one.

I picked one up today and the thing is in really nice shape.My only concern with him is that he is super white...I mean like he just came out of the box white.He actually looks too nice to be around 25 years old.

I know they did the re-issue of the G1 Ultra Magnus.So on the re-issues....does it have just the original copyright from the 80's,or is there also a date on it from the re-issue year?
AutoBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:38 AM   #715
K-Mart-ian Legend
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoBobby View Post
Is there any kind of a KO G1 Ultra Magnus out there? I looked around and couldn't find any info for one.

I picked one up today and the thing is in really nice shape.My only concern with him is that he is super white...I mean like he just came out of the box white.He actually looks too nice to be around 25 years old.

I know they did the re-issue of the G1 Ultra Magnus.So on the re-issues....does it have just the original copyright from the 80's,or is there also a date on it from the re-issue year?
The US reissue has shorter smokestacks. Also does yours have rubber or plastic tires? My original G1 Magnus (I have both kinds) do not exhibit the standard white plastic fading normally seen on the earlier G1 toys, so the white plastic still matches the white paint on the die-cast parts. When looking at Magnus figures, the chrome wear on the bumper, gas tank and smokestacks are going to be more of an indicator as to its age, rather than the plastic color.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #716
Collection Count: Very little
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
The US reissue has shorter smokestacks. Also does yours have rubber or plastic tires? My original G1 Magnus (I have both kinds) do not exhibit the standard white plastic fading normally seen on the earlier G1 toys, so the white plastic still matches the white paint on the die-cast parts. When looking at Magnus figures, the chrome wear on the bumper, gas tank and smokestacks are going to be more of an indicator as to its age, rather than the plastic color.
Yea the chrome wears way more than plastic. My dinobots are same way
xMostWanted559x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #717
Collector of many
Collection Count: 800+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
It has the long smokestacks,rubber tires,and the painted face.

I guess I would say it has some very faint chromewear on the smokestacks.The bumper and gas tanks are fine.
AutoBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #718
K-Mart-ian Legend
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoBobby View Post
It has the long smokestacks,rubber tires,and the painted face.

I guess I would say it has some very faint chromewear on the smokestacks.The bumper and gas tanks are fine.
Just based on that information, it is likely an original G1 or potentially a Japanese reissue... but if you bought it loose domestically, it probably isn't the Japanese one. There is a staggering amount of variations on G1 Ultra Magnus, as you can see here:
[Links are hidden for guests. Please Register.]

Note that some of these variations (just like Jetfire) will have incompatible parts. If you need to pick up accessories that are missing, be warned that you could potentially buy ones that won't fit properly or are too loose.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #719
Collection Count: More than I can easily count
News Credits: 5
If they actually made KO in fun and interesting colours I'd not care one jot that they are fake for example Tiper Stripe G2 Grimlock or G2 Swoop.

I rather enjoyed the black and the white Constructicons and if they'd be a teeny bit cheaper i'd have bought both happily.

I just hope the chinese factory types know enough about Transformers to be thinking about doing a Shattered Glass Technobot and Terrorcons set as i'd bite their arms off for those.

Some things seem so obvious if there's a KO God Neptune/Seacons - why not make one with all the Seacon pieces included in the God Neptune Colours?

Or they made a half repainted Predaking KO in a sexy white colour - but only part of it was repainted - if they'd repainted the whole thing again I'd be like a Therapod on a Lawyer for those.
“Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.”
– Benjamin Franklin
RedAlert Rescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:11 PM   #720
The Devil Express
News Credits: 7
Send a message via AIM to Might Gaine
We were right: Qiupaul/Mcdolltutu has been selling Computrons in fake packaging as "MIB"! He's selling a "repro box" now. Confirmation came that his old MIB auctions were scams when I noticed they lacked the little arrow next to "TECH SPECS Clip and Save!" There are apparently two different versions of the fake box: the "MIB" scam ones have just the one difference. The ones he's selling as "repro boxes" now have a lot more differences.

Counterfeit Computron Box:

Zhong Jin Computron box on eBay

ID Guide:

[Links are hidden for guests. Please Register.]
~( '.' )~
Might Gaine is offline   Reply With Quote