Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Pennsylvania Transformers Sightings

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #18801
Decepticon at the Gate
Collection Count: I have one collection.
You know, I was having the same debate. Let's hear it!

Originally, I thought that for me, the pure US G1 enthusiast there was only Soundwave. But then, I already have WFC Soundwave, so if I'm double dipping in the first place wouldn't the "upgraded" form explain the size difference? But as much as that makes sense, I do like the blue, and I prefer Laserbeak to Buzzsaw.

Equal odds I'll just pass on both for Blaster, depending on how he'll scale with my inevitable breakdown and purchase of MP13.
My Feedback - Minus a few I forgot to solicit.
aledromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #18802
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jru42287 View Post
So, I'm trying to decide between FoC Soundwave or Soundblaster. Thoughts, gentlemen?
One is black, one is blue! Pick your favorite color! Unless you care about the fiction. Which I do not.

Soundblaster is cooler if you do.
worldsgreatest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #18803
Buyer of Too Much
Schide's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 862
News Credits: 1
Send a message via AIM to Schide Send a message via Skype™ to Schide
If you really can't decide you might as well get Soundblaster if you can find him since he's shortpacked. Then if you really like the mold you can pick up Soundwave down the line at some point, perhaps on clearance somewhere, or cheap on the board or something.

My Feedback thread
Schide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #18804
With great power...
News Credits: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aledromo View Post
You know, I was having the same debate. Let's hear it!

Originally, I thought that for me, the pure US G1 enthusiast there was only Soundwave. But then, I already have WFC Soundwave, so if I'm double dipping in the first place wouldn't the "upgraded" form explain the size difference? But as much as that makes sense, I do like the blue, and I prefer Laserbeak to Buzzsaw.

Equal odds I'll just pass on both for Blaster, depending on how he'll scale with my inevitable breakdown and purchase of MP13.
I'm in the same boat, almost exactly. The mold looks great, but it's essentially just a bigger version of a Soundwave that I already own, with a gimmick. Yet, I tend to normally only buy the characters that are on-screen. And they both look equally as cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldsgreatest View Post
One is black, one is blue! Pick your favorite color! Unless you care about the fiction. Which I do not.

Soundblaster is cooler if you do.
You make it sound so easy. As far as the fiction goes, I didn't quite even understand who Soundblaster was until recently. I'm just really awful at making mundane decisions lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schide View Post
If you really can't decide you might as well get Soundblaster if you can find him since he's shortpacked. Then if you really like the mold you can pick up Soundwave down the line at some point, perhaps on clearance somewhere, or cheap on the board or something.
That might be an idea. Curse them for releasing both in the same wave!
jru42287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #18805
Decepticon at the Gate
Collection Count: I have one collection.
Yeah, that was an odd decision. I can't see many casual fans noticing, much less buying both versions. You'd think they do Blaster and Soundwave, then Soundblaster and Grimlock. Fictionally, you could even reason that Soundwave got wrecked in his first wave matchup with Blaster and the upgraded version seeks revenge!

Whatever, none of this matters unless/until I find one in stores.
My Feedback - Minus a few I forgot to solicit.
aledromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #18806
Omnibot
Collection Count: 212
i did not care what version of Soundwave i got. i really wanted the mold and the first one i saw i got which was the blue Soundwave.
NLWprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #18807
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 3
i just hate that his size just doesn't fit in with any of the other wfc/foc figures.

also, it doesn't seem like that big an improvement over the deluxe.

whereas the first edition prime deluxe, and the first edition voyager prime are very similar, but the voyager was vastly improved over the deluxe.

it's still a neat toy, just a little unnecessary

oh, at TRU in willow grove, i came across "big red" from neca's predator series.. i haven't opened it yet, but man he looks so bad ass. hopefully nothing breaks once i open it (i have a terrible reputation with neca products)
Timothy.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #18808
Herald of Unicron
Quote:
Originally Posted by jru42287 View Post
I'm in the same boat, almost exactly. The mold looks great, but it's essentially just a bigger version of a Soundwave that I already own, with a gimmick. Yet, I tend to normally only buy the characters that are on-screen. And they both look equally as cool...

You make it sound so easy. As far as the fiction goes, I didn't quite even understand who Soundblaster was until recently. I'm just really awful at making mundane decisions lol.

That might be an idea. Curse them for releasing both in the same wave!
Ha. I just like the black scheme better and have always had a soft spot for Buzzsaw.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #18809
Herald of Unicron
Quote:
Originally Posted by aledromo View Post
Yeah, that was an odd decision. I can't see many casual fans noticing, much less buying both versions. You'd think they do Blaster and Soundwave, then Soundblaster and Grimlock. Fictionally, you could even reason that Soundwave got wrecked in his first wave matchup with Blaster and the upgraded version seeks revenge!

Whatever, none of this matters unless/until I find one in stores.
That Blaster retool looks sweeet. Fingers crossed they do Twincast!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #18810
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 1
Will anyone checking TRU this morning/today kindly check the LEGO department, and post if CMF Series 9 is starting to pop up yet (silver bags)? I know trucks usually come in today, but I won't be able to check until much later tonight.
Tytus is offline   Reply With Quote