Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Oregon Transformers Sightings

Reply Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2003, 12:04 PM   #11
Custom Made
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii is Home. BEAVERton, Oregon is where I live and work at.
Collection Count: Enough
i remember only once Fred Myer was before Target.......and that was Pants Prime

but at least Fred Myer is good for something (TF related)...and thats HOCs

as for Wal-Mart, i passed Cornelius Pass and saw a sign with Wal-Mart something, either they bought land or its just a ad...so we might be seeing 1 more location (though it'll be like a year or two til it opens)...

but enough with the bad things...at least we got those bazillion Targets to go to.
OmegaScourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 01:18 PM   #12
Herald of Golobulus
Collection Count: A few hundred
Send a message via MSN to Darth Fitch
FYI Salem has 1 TRU, 1 Target, 2 Walmarts, and 3 Fred Meyers.
I miss all the sales that went on around Christmas.

I want some HOC's but not at $4 a shot. Come on Freddy's, get with the sales again.

Does TRU EVER have any sales on Transformers?
Darth Fitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 02:57 PM   #13
Rhinox is my anti-drug
Send a message via Skype™ to Ramulus
TRU only seems to have sales when they get desparately over-stocked...like when they had all those RID peg warmers. Otherwise, they never seem to have "regular" sales like the other chains do.

Still, we could use another Wal*Mart or two in the PDX metro area. The one out on 82nd is too far from my house, and the one in the couv, well...it's in the couv! (shudders) :-)

Fred Meyer does rock when it comes to HOC, and for that I am grateful. Plus the pre-media company I work for shoots all the FM ads, so I always know when the TF's will be on sale (and the photographers ask me to make sure they are transformed correctly, lol! )
Ramulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 05:14 AM   #14
Case Fresh
Don't forget about the Wal-mart in Fairview/Gresham. It's never anywhere near as busy as that 82nd freakshow. I avoid that place like anthrax.:eyebrow
"He who dies with the most toys wins!"
G-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 08:02 AM   #15
Custom Made
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii is Home. BEAVERton, Oregon is where I live and work at.
for me, the washington Wal-Mart is closer (and easier to get to) from where i live.
Old 02-19-2003, 02:46 PM   #16
Northwest fan
tantrum's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 468 +
Granted fredy meyer's does not always have sales when we want them but it looks like they got in some of the Wave 1 HOC figures - megatron & prime with guns and some others. I saw these at the fred meyer on TV hwy and 217
tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 07:47 PM   #17
Custom Made
there's still 4 Jetfire's at Target Washington Square...and another 4 at the TV Hwy Jetfire....and NO G1 re-issues (not even magnus) at TRU Tigard on the shelves or above...thats about it.
Old 02-20-2003, 12:09 AM   #18
Rhinox is my anti-drug
I checked the Salem TRU today (I'm on vacation this week)...nada, not even any Magnus or Prime RID on clearance. But of all things the Cottage Grove Wal*Mart had the best Armada selection I have ever seen...tons of everything, all sizes, you name it. Either someone there likes Armada, or no one ever buys them. :-)
Old 02-20-2003, 04:21 AM   #19
Case Fresh
Where's Cottage Grove?
"He who dies with the most toys wins!"
G-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 04:52 AM   #20
Rhinox is my anti-drug
Cottage Grove (or just "The Grove", as my parents call it in a vain attempt at making it sound 'hip') is about 20 minutes south of Eugene. Not normally a place you would want to drive all the way to for a toy, but I happened to be down there the first part of this week. I only mentioned it because they had the best selection of Armada I have ever seen in a Wal*Mart...kudos to them.