Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Illinois Transformers Sightings

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #31951
Sworn Decepticon Assassin
Deceptigtar's Avatar
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 11,809
Location: Bay City MI
Collection Count: A few, ONLY Decepticons!!!
News Credits: 50
downtown or near the mile, not gonna happen.

gonna have to venture out to either of these places...

QUAKE COLLECTIBLES - Quake Collectibles

or

Kapow Collectibles - Lakeview - Chicago, IL

i recommend quake before kapow. dave who owns quake is a good guy.
Deceptigtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #31952
Drink it
GrantB's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,498
Location: Glenview, IL
News Credits: 1
Send a message via AIM to GrantB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glhboy View Post
I'm going to be in Chicago for 3 nights starting tonight. Any recommendations on toy shops downtown near the mile, etc... where to look? Anything vintage or new is fine, just want to see some TF's.
Nothing interesting toy-wise near The Mile, unfortunately.

A bit south of the river is a Target, but it's an urban Target, with a toy selection that is inferior to a regular Target.
--Homesite / Feedback thread-- - - - - My Club/BotCon toy sale thread
GrantB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #31953
Retired Porn Star
Dah Padre's Avatar
Dah Padre's Ebay Auctions
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,325
Location: Chicago/Blue Island
Collection Count: More than I'm ready to admit
News Credits: 8
I need some opinions on the Wii U from somebody that already has it. What's some good games,and what accessories are a must to have.
Dah Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #31954
1 of paper = 4 of coin
Cracka J's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,092
Location: Palatine, IL
News Credits: 1
Send a message via AIM to Cracka J
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dah Padre View Post
I need some opinions on the Wii U from somebody that already has it. What's some good games,and what accessories are a must to have.
Do you already have the system or are considering it?
I don't want to try to persuade you to get one, but if you've already decided on it, I can help ya out. Had mine since launch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellpeppers View Post
"If you don't like it, then don't read it."
Cracka J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #31955
ROCK LORD
col's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,077
Location: Northwest Chicago Suburbs
Collection Count: More than I was planning...
News Credits: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracka J View Post
Do you already have the system or are considering it?
I don't want to try to persuade you to get one, but if you've already decided on it, I can help ya out. Had mine since launch.
So you'd recommend against getting a WiiU?
col is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #31956
1 of paper = 4 of coin
Cracka J's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,092
Location: Palatine, IL
News Credits: 1
Send a message via AIM to Cracka J
not at all. just a lot of people who haven't experienced it seem to have very strong feelings against it, and I don't feel like arguing that when they've already made up their minds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellpeppers View Post
"If you don't like it, then don't read it."
Cracka J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #31957
Retired Porn Star
Dah Padre's Avatar
Dah Padre's Ebay Auctions
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,325
Location: Chicago/Blue Island
Collection Count: More than I'm ready to admit
News Credits: 8
It's on the way.
Dah Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #31958
Quintesson
clubkid74's Ebay Auctions
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 636
Location: New Lenox il
Collection Count: Around 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dah Padre View Post
I need some opinions on the Wii U from somebody that already has it. What's some good games,and what accessories are a must to have.
I love mine. controller takes some getting used to and zombie u is a difficult game but it is good
clubkid74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #31959
1 of paper = 4 of coin
Cracka J's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,092
Location: Palatine, IL
News Credits: 1
Send a message via AIM to Cracka J
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dah Padre View Post
It's on the way.
pick up nsmbu as a must. best in the series imo since mario world.
make sure you have some extra wii remotes if kids/family are playing. it can support up to 5 I think...4 on remotes and the 5th player on the pad. highest recommendation as for games atm.

if you got the 32 gb system, you got nintendoland too, which is great. if you got 8gb you might want to consider it. it is a party game, but the minigames are excellent. lots of variety and replay value here.

zombi u if you are into survival. completely ignore the mainstream reviews on it. they are trying to compare to action/fps games ala cod zombie modes and resident evil. it's neither. completely original experience you really have to check out first hand to get what it is.

as for accessories it depends on what model you bought. 32 will come with a charge cradle and a few extras for the gamepad. not really necessary. probably would want to get some screen protectors for the pad though since it is touch screen and can be scratched.

if you have the option of a wired connection, I'd highly recommend the wii usb ethernet adapter as well. if you already have one from the wii, it will work with the wii u as well. reported DL times for the initial update vary up to about 2-3 hours via the wireless. I was done with using the ethernet adapter in 45 minutes. great option if you have the choice to go wired.

the pro controller is excellent too, but there's not much that utilizes it at the moment. I'd wait on that purchase til there are more games that support it, but it is a rock solid, and very comfortable pad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellpeppers View Post
"If you don't like it, then don't read it."
Cracka J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #31960
Retired Porn Star
Dah Padre's Avatar
Dah Padre's Ebay Auctions
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,325
Location: Chicago/Blue Island
Collection Count: More than I'm ready to admit
News Credits: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracka J View Post
pick up nsmbu as a must. best in the series imo since mario world.
make sure you have some extra wii remotes if kids/family are playing. it can support up to 5 I think...4 on remotes and the 5th player on the pad. highest recommendation as for games atm.

if you got the 32 gb system, you got nintendoland too, which is great. if you got 8gb you might want to consider it. it is a party game, but the minigames are excellent. lots of variety and replay value here.

zombi u if you are into survival. completely ignore the mainstream reviews on it. they are trying to compare to action/fps games ala cod zombie modes and resident evil. it's neither. completely original experience you really have to check out first hand to get what it is.

as for accessories it depends on what model you bought. 32 will come with a charge cradle and a few extras for the gamepad. not really necessary. probably would want to get some screen protectors for the pad though since it is touch screen and can be scratched.

if you have the option of a wired connection, I'd highly recommend the wii usb ethernet adapter as well. if you already have one from the wii, it will work with the wii u as well. reported DL times for the initial update vary up to about 2-3 hours via the wireless. I was done with using the ethernet adapter in 45 minutes. great option if you have the choice to go wired.

the pro controller is excellent too, but there's not much that utilizes it at the moment. I'd wait on that purchase til there are more games that support it, but it is a rock solid, and very comfortable pad.

Now that's what I wanted to hear! I have the 32gb on the way. I'm going to unveil it on Christmas for the kids & myself to enjoy. I just wan to get all the essentials out of the way & catch some sales
Dah Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Toy Arena