Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Illinois Transformers Sightings

Reply Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2009, 07:27 PM   #21
T. Bison
News Credits: 4
One cannon-shoulder Bumblebee at the Target on Rand Road in Palatine
I'm selling things! Check my google doc for a list (constantly being updated): Clickyclicky
QuinJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #22
Captain of Strawhats
Collection Count: Over 400
Send a message via AIM to DX7879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deceptigtar View Post
I like both skids and mudflap which I had no problems with. Just go to figure out the best way to do the back packs. I can show pics later if someone wants.

Did get all 4 autos misb from bw2 and my misb gigastorm! Gotta love a misb collection!
Please post pictures if you can, especially if you got Skids to stand without looking down. The back of the car prevents mine from looking up.

Also, anyone want to post a picture of the bottom of Skids in vehicle mode? I think I'm doing the legs wrong, since his leg prevents him from rolling on his wheels

Xbox Live GT: Sir Crocodile
My Collection
DX7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:53 PM   #23
T. Bison
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX7879 View Post
Please post pictures if you can, especially if you got Skids to stand without looking down. The back of the car prevents mine from looking up.

Also, anyone want to post a picture of the bottom of Skids in vehicle mode? I think I'm doing the legs wrong, since his leg prevents him from rolling on his wheels

Getting him sorted into vehicle mode can be a real pain.
I'm selling things! Check my google doc for a list (constantly being updated): Clickyclicky
Old 06-16-2009, 10:27 PM   #24
ROCK LORD
Collection Count: More than I was planning...
News Credits: 6
I heard that in order to figure out if Skids has painted teeth or not, you can look into the vehicle and see his face. Where exactly do you look? I'm not planning on getting him for now, but if that changes, I'd like to have an idea and so far can't figure it out.

Nothing of note at the West Dundee or Hoffman Estates Targets today.
col is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:40 PM   #25
T. Bison
Just look really hard through the side windows; bright lighting helps. You should be able to barely see if there's a glimmer of color on his face - chances are you'll see the silver tooth if its there. If you're looking in there and can't see anything, they probably aren't painted.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:48 PM   #26
Sworn Decepticon Assassin
Deceptigtar's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: A few, ONLY Decepticons!!!
News Credits: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX7879 View Post

alright man here you go. it all has to do with how you fold his back pack up. ill try and describe this best i can.

first fold him up like u see in the pics. make sure the little tab on his back is snapped in as well as his arms.

now take the back of the car and peg it in slot behind his head. when u push down on the back of the cab it will give some resistance. there is a spring or something in side where the cab folds in.

in the picture you will see the 2 green pieces of the top of the car coming over the right and left side of his body. push and move those up past and behind the arms at the same time since you are moving one whole piece. it should break or disconnect that spring or whatever. it will not compromise transformation back to car.

this now allows for the cab end of the car that pegs in by the back of the peg to sit back more but still connected allowing the head to sit back more. if the spring or whatever does not break or disconnect just leave those hood panels on the side behind the arms since it will keep the cab pulled back.

hope it helps!

Deceptigtar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:11 AM   #27
ROCK LORD
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuinJester View Post
Just look really hard through the side windows; bright lighting helps. You should be able to barely see if there's a glimmer of color on his face - chances are you'll see the silver tooth if its there. If you're looking in there and can't see anything, they probably aren't painted.
Thanks, I'll try that!
Old 06-17-2009, 09:35 AM   #28
Vehicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by col View Post
I heard that in order to figure out if Skids has painted teeth or not, you can look into the vehicle and see his face. Where exactly do you look? I'm not planning on getting him for now, but if that changes, I'd like to have an idea and so far can't figure it out.

Nothing of note at the West Dundee or Hoffman Estates Targets today.
I looked basically straight down onto the top of the vehicle (like at a 90 degree angle to the roof), and right where the top of the windshield starts, you should barely be able to see down in there. Find some good lighting, and the teeth should be very visible. If you don't think you see them, that means the teeth are not painted.
Optimus997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:36 AM   #29
ROCK LORD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus997 View Post
I looked basically straight down onto the top of the vehicle (like at a 90 degree angle to the roof), and right where the top of the windshield starts, you should barely be able to see down in there. Find some good lighting, and the teeth should be very visible. If you don't think you see them, that means the teeth are not painted.
Gotcha, I'll have to try that today. At least I have an idea of where to look now.

Anyone seen the darker Sideways anywhere recently? Preferably in the northwest suburbs?
Old 06-17-2009, 11:28 AM   #30
00 Agent
Collection Count: still counting them...
News Credits: 1
Send a message via AIM to Nightwing24
Quote:
Originally Posted by col View Post
Gotcha, I'll have to try that today. At least I have an idea of where to look now.

Anyone seen the darker Sideways anywhere recently? Preferably in the northwest suburbs?
I saw one one Monday at the Niles TRU
"The movie figure designs are terrible but everyone on earth is a fan of the G1 style. Can you just make and sell us G1 style figures? It will sell"
-Geewunner
FAIL
Nightwing24 is offline   Reply With Quote