Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

D.C. and Maryland Transformers Sightings

Reply Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #4101
Pro-Customizer
Hotwire's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: It started with one, now it's 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nez Pierce View Post
LOL...Walmart on rt 26 in Frederick just received multiple cases of DOTM deluxes...
Alright!!! I couldn't find these ANYWHERE!!! Hot damn!!!

[/SARCASM]

FACEBOOK------------------------------------------COMMISSIONS------------------------------------------WEBSITE
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #4102
Autobot Scout
Collection Count: more than I thought, yet still not enough
Voyager Starscream at the white marsh target. I checked and they don't have anymore in the back and there wasn't a Bulkhead to be seen. Someone must of snagged him this morning. The middle river target didn't have shit. Oh, send me a msg if you want to know where I hid it. I'd rather see one of my fellow collectors get it than a damn scalper.
Drake915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:18 AM   #4103
Release the Kraken!!!!!!!
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake915 View Post
Oh, send me a msg if you want to know where I hid it. I'd rather see one of my fellow collectors get it than a damn scalper.
... or a fellow collector who doesn't happen to be a member of TFW2005, or (low and behold!) an average kid who wants a new toy, or a parent looking to fulfill their kid's birthday request, or...

I mean no ill-will, but you wrote that like it's only us or the scalpers and THAT'S ALL. Kinda narrow-sighted, don't ya think?
Wanted Items
For Sale/Trade
Feedback Thread
jametron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:41 AM   #4104
Me No Bozo Me King!!
GrimlockAutobot's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: "You Full Of Cesium Salami"
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jametron View Post
... or a fellow collector who doesn't happen to be a member of TFW2005, or (low and behold!) an average kid who wants a new toy, or a parent looking to fulfill their kid's birthday request, or...

I mean no ill-will, but you wrote that like it's only us or the scalpers and THAT'S ALL. Kinda narrow-sighted, don't ya think?
This person is trying to help someone out.

How can you possibly knock them for that?
GrimlockAutobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:14 AM   #4105
Meat popsicle
Collection Count: Who counts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimlockAutobot View Post

There's a difference between buying something up and offering it to everyone at cost, and hiding a figure at a store so nobody can get it without knowing where it is.
LeTigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #4106
Autobot Scout
Collection Count: more than I thought, yet still not enough
You guys have a point. I try and hook fellow collectors up first though since we seem to appreciate the figures more. Oh and it's not like I hid it in a super hard place....I hid it in on the bottom shelf behind the DOTM figures. I honestly figured someone would be looking for him and would ask right away in a msg or on here. Not gonna bother anymore though now.
Drake915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #4107
TF Addict.
Collection Count: Always one less than I want
well back to tfs lol. I hit up target, walmart, and tru in columbia yesterday and nothing. and I checked the ellicott city walmart and target and both had nothing of interested except that target in ellicott city has FINALLY put out a case of the wave 2 CV (legion not commanders.) Anyway, I'm checking again today but walmart in ellicott city is a secure fluke considering I hit the pallet last night on my way out the door.
Feedback
maxlovesamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #4108
Me No Bozo Me King!!
GrimlockAutobot's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: "You Full Of Cesium Salami"
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeTigre View Post
There's a difference between buying something up and offering it to everyone at cost, and hiding a figure at a store so nobody can get it without knowing where it is.
IDK maybe the poster doesn't have the extra $$$ to buy up all of the figures they see and offer them at cost?

The bottom line is, they were obviously trying to help in the best way they knew how and all they did was catch some heat about it.

IMO it's wrong for that to happen....but, just my opinion so take it FWIW.
GrimlockAutobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #4109
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: Not very many...yet
Found Cyberverse Ironhide and Dreadwing at TRU in Gaithersburg. I bought Dreadwing but Ironhide is still there. Found Voyager Bulkhead at Germantown Target. Bought the only one there; no sign of Starscream. They also had Cyberverse Breakdown, Evac, Mirage, and Soundwave too. I just bought Bulkhead. He actually looks pretty cool in the box. My 4 year old will like the spinning mace thing, but I think it looks corny. Pretty good looking robot mode.
bobbyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #4110
Release the Kraken!!!!!!!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake915 View Post
You guys have a point. I try and hook fellow collectors up first though since we seem to appreciate the figures more. Oh and it's not like I hid it in a super hard place....I hid it in on the bottom shelf behind the DOTM figures. I honestly figured someone would be looking for him and would ask right away in a msg or on here. Not gonna bother anymore though now.
Quote:
IDK maybe the poster doesn't have the extra $$$ to buy up all of the figures they see and offer them at cost?

The bottom line is, they were obviously trying to help in the best way they knew how and all they did was catch some heat about it.

IMO it's wrong for that to happen....but, just my opinion so take it FWIW.
Alright alright calm down peeps... As I said I meant no offence, nor trying to give him "heat". My only point was there are more people to consider than just us and scalpers. That's all. I'm certainly grateful for members that help other members out, I've done it and it's been done for me. It would just be good to keep in mind that not everything is so black and white, ya know? This growing war against scalpers (which i completely understand btw) is depriving others of toys in the same fashion it would seem. Just cause you can't beat 'em doesn't mean you should join 'em! That having been said I wasn't singling Drake out by far (please keep doing your thing man!), I just see more and more posts like that with only consideration for scalpers, not for the other hundred factors. My bad. 'swhat happens when I type before I think
Wanted Items
For Sale/Trade
Feedback Thread
jametron is offline   Reply With Quote