Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Ohio Transformers Sightings

Reply Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #12001
Nofux machine
Collection Count: Always a couple less than I want
Huh? Older lines in stock?
SWAGE66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #12002
Autobot Leader
Collection Count: 2
News Credits: 6
i'm guessing meijer on colerain won't be gedtting any prime figs... they still have megatron for $19.99
optimusprime42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #12003
Being a nerd is my game.
all are dead's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: About 150
News Credits: 31
Target on Princeton Rd in Bridgewater falls restocked with Voyagers. But it was just of Optimus's and Megatrons. Deluxe wise, 11 BB's and 2 CJ's

~AAD
all are dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #12004
Stuff & Things
Collection Count: A good more than I need
News Credits: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to anikenvader
Well I believe I did good.
The Target in Polaris, I walked in hoping in the back they had wave 3. I go to the shelf, nothing, I go to the counter, ask. The guy on the walkie says "2 units" and brigns them up. And they were only 2 figures. Soundwave and Wheeljack, so I'm guessing that an employee had them back there, and if so I am sorry. But I took those 2 back, put them on the shelf among A BUNCH of bumblebees. I'm thinking, this doesn't look right. So I grab 2 at a time, take them throughout the toy aisles and hide 2 bumblebees in one place. Then, as the 2's seemed to not start running out, I took about 3 sets of 4 bumblebees and started hiding them behind scooters. And then just took the rest (like, 10) and threw them on the clearance thing by redakai and winter toys. I know, thats wrong, but JESUS!
So maybe try stashing your stores bumblebees so they see they need more stock and order more wave 3.
anikenvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #12005
Bluestreak Brony
Collection Count: poll results [shmax.com]: 314 sealed, 1035 opened
News Credits: 4
Send a message via ICQ to DeeJay Send a message via AIM to DeeJay Send a message via Yahoo to DeeJay Send a message via Skype™ to DeeJay
That... actually works in reverse.

They have people come in and ask for the new toys. They check their stock scanners (they ALWAYS check their stock scanners), and they show 40 billion in stock.

"Huh, that's funny, the shelves are empty. I'll go check in back."

"Sorry, I couldn't find any." *employee scratches head as he walks away and goes back to what he was doing*

So the hidden figures actually shelfwarm without buyers finding them, and without employees having the time to track them down in the store. Then, Target Corporate computers show poor sales at that store, and shift new stock distro to other better-performing stores.

Somebody on TFW said it.

The best way to get new stock is to clear the pegs. Buy EVERYTHING, and go return it all at either a store you hate, or a different chain that accepts returns without receipts.
DeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:37 AM   #12006
Lost in the lights
News Credits: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikenvader View Post
Well I believe I did good.
FAIL!!!

Quote:
So maybe try stashing your stores bumblebees so they see they need more stock and order more wave 3.
That is a horrible idea.
People don't order. The computer orders. The computer orders when the in-store balance-on-hand hits a certain order point. That happens when items are sold at the checkout. Items are far less likely to be sold if they are hidden in the store.

I strongly suggest going back tomorrow and unhiding all the Bumblebees.

The only way a plan like that would help at all is if you GO THERE EVERY DAY and make sure there's consistently only 2 or 3 Bumblebees on the actual pegs. If people think there's only 2-3 left, they're far more likely to actually buy them (as opposed to thinking "oh, there are a dozen on the pegs, maybe I'll get one next week) and sell that stock down.

But I recommend unhiding those Bumblebees. Its possible the store will still get in a new case every now and then, because sometimes when a new wave comes out, some chains will automatically just ship a single case to every store, regardless of stock numbers, but you're more likely to see more new product at that store if they actually sell their old product (ie. the Bumblebees).
"Sky-Byte, that's me."
cleazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #12007
Stuff & Things
Collection Count: A good more than I need
News Credits: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to anikenvader
They're not hidden well at all. I said clearance. I've also worked retail and understand the scanners..... It's not a real shtick to get them out, it's just a little prank.

Ya know, I really don't think I've been able to say anything on these boreds without someone jumping my case so I might as well stop. Oh well. You try to find somewhere to just talk about stuff you like and joke around and people just shoot you down. Oh well. I guess I just have to conduct myself to absolute business like.
Going to a TRU today. See if I can find anything.
anikenvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #12008
Maximal
Collection Count: Too many but never enough!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
or a different chain that accepts returns without receipts.
I believe Walmart is the only store left that will take returns without a receipt and even then you're only allowed 3 items in a 3 month period as they scan your driver license info.
bdougwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #12009
Nofux machine
Collection Count: Always a couple less than I want
You can always buy them and keep the receipt, and return everything when new stock comes in. Keeps it legit.
SWAGE66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #12010
Bluestreak Brony
Collection Count: poll results [shmax.com]: 314 sealed, 1035 opened
News Credits: 4
Send a message via ICQ to DeeJay Send a message via AIM to DeeJay Send a message via Yahoo to DeeJay Send a message via Skype™ to DeeJay
Quote:
They're not hidden well at all. I said clearance. I've also worked retail and understand the scanners..... It's not a real shtick to get them out, it's just a little prank.

Ya know, I really don't think I've been able to say anything on these boreds without someone jumping my case so I might as well stop. Oh well. You try to find somewhere to just talk about stuff you like and joke around and people just shoot you down. Oh well. I guess I just have to conduct myself to absolute business like.
Going to a TRU today. See if I can find anything.
I uh. Never meant to give you that impression of these boards. I was just trying to be helpful.

I apologize for my tone coming off as threatening or accusatory.

The last thing I want to do here at TFW is ruin someone's love of TFs.
DeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote