Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Washington State Transformers Sightings

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2003, 12:53 PM   #11
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 10
Found the Urban Camo Ruination set at the Puyallup Wal*Mart - there are five there. I couldn't bring myself to buy it, even though I really like the color scheme. The same store also had the new Mirage-Bot and Speed-Bot II Go-Bots. They are in-between the price points of the basics and the Aero-Bot brothers ($11.73 or something like that)

The Lakewood Target had the new 50pc puzzles of Smokescreen, Red Alert, Perceptor, and Cyclonus.
ViceGripX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 06:49 PM   #12
Greetings Programs
Collection Count: Too many/Not Enough
Well I LIVE in Woodinville (I've never run into Artie though), so I visit the Target on a regular basis.
I deliver papers at night so I'm usually awake in the mid-afternoon.
And I've been 27 now for 11 days

-Shifty
Who thinks it would be cool for the area TF'ers to get together sometime
Signature images are to be no larger than 40 KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide. Your sig was 85.26 KB . Height: 300 Width: 225 - 2005 Staff
ToyDojo.com
Sale Thread of Power Rangers/Kamen Rider/Super Sentai
shifty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 07:01 PM   #13
Herald of Unicron
Quote:
Originally posted by shifty02
Who thinks it would be cool for the area TF'ers to get together sometime
Well, there is a litttle thing called CybCon 2003 that's happening in Auburn one week prior to BotCon. Greg Gaub and I are working out the details right now. We've had our own exclusive toy for a couple years now and are looking to make this year's get-together bigger than ever. Well, not too big mind you.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:38 PM   #14
Just a guy with a sax...
Send a message via AIM to Knight Ender
Quote:
Originally posted by ViceGripX

Well, there is a litttle thing called CybCon 2003 that's happening in Auburn one week prior to BotCon. Greg Gaub and I are working out the details right now. We've had our own exclusive toy for a couple years now and are looking to make this year's get-together bigger than ever. Well, not too big mind you.
Sounds good. All I need to get is a car. Is there more info on that?
Knight Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 10:26 PM   #15
Animated FTL!!!
Collection Count: a Lot. Probably Too many :p
News Credits: 9
Send a message via MSN to artiepants
yeah, this is the first I've heard of it.... do tell!
artiepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 01:19 AM   #16
Herald of Unicron
Well, the Cybertronian Conference is Greg Gaub's Yahoo-based TF club of sorts. It's been around since 1997 I believe and can be found here: Cybertronian Conference For more information, check out the main link from Greg's site here: CybCon FAQ

The past few years, those of us in "the know" got together at greg's house during BotCon Saturday and had a good time. We went on toy runs, ate pizza and barbecue, played video games, chatted with people online at BotCon, etc.

My first time at one of these was in 2001 and it was a blast. The turnout was low (about 5 or 6 of us total), but we had a great time. However, I thought it would be prudent to have an exclusive toy. So, with help from Zobovor of ZMFTS! fame, we created G1 Scavenger from BM Scavenger. You can find out more about that toy here and here.

CybCon 2002 was a little disappointing in that only Greg and myself were there, but the toys were better than ever. You can get more on that here.

So, this year we want to make things better than ever. We're not holding it on BotCon Saturday and actually renting a hall in Auburn (since that's where Greg lives) and hoping to get some of the toy/import/comic dealers in the area to attend. Everything's still preliminary in design, but you can all the information here. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Or join the CybCon mailing list and you'll be guaranteed the info.
Old 01-07-2003, 01:39 AM   #17
Emissary of Primus
Armada_MK's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 200+ And lots more coming
News Credits: 1
Hell yeah i'll go all even bring so munches for everyone, this sounds great< but i was wondering how far is it for tri-cities WA? and how much drive time?

Xbox Live: Dark MK
TF Legend:DarkArmadaMK
TFL Friend Code: 75447519
Armada_MK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 01:52 AM   #18
Herald of Unicron
Never having been to the Tri-Citis, I couldn't say. Auburn is between Tacoma and Seattle (more Tacoma really). So, if I'm looking at the map right, it might be a couple hours drive for you.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:09 AM   #19
Greetings Programs
Collection Count: Too many/Not Enough
Cool! I'd actually be able to attend that, since once again it looks like Botcon is out of the question for me

-Shifty
Signature images are to be no larger than 40 KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide. Your sig was 85.26 KB . Height: 300 Width: 225 - 2005 Staff
ToyDojo.com
Sale Thread of Power Rangers/Kamen Rider/Super Sentai
shifty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 03:16 AM   #20
Herald of Unicron
Quote:
Originally posted by shifty02
Cool! I'd actually be able to attend that, since once again it looks like Botcon is out of the question for me
That's what we're here for.

Oh, if you have any music preferences, now is the time to get them in.