Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Hong Kong Transformers Sightings

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2013, 01:40 PM   #131
What's in a name?
Collection Count: Stopped counting at 500
If you're not desperate to buy a specific item, it also pays to shop around a bit; prices can vary between shops. If I'd waited two days to buy FP Steelcore a couple of weeks ago, I could have saved $350 HK on him....
9.8m/s^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #132
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: CHUGorama!
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9.8m/s^2 View Post
If you're not desperate to buy a specific item, it also pays to shop around a bit; prices can vary between shops. If I'd waited two days to buy FP Steelcore a couple of weeks ago, I could have saved $350 HK on him....
What was the best price you saw for Steelcore? Typically 3rd party prices in HK are insane.
unicronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:24 AM   #133
What's in a name?
Collection Count: Stopped counting at 500
900-ish at a store in Richmond Centre, 2nd floor, iirc. Considering what he's going for on eBay right now, it's a steal. I also saw the MMC Knight Morpher Seekers for something in the high 500s, which is actually less than what I got them for here in the US. Other stuff, though, seemed high, so it may have been a brief overstock/clearance period that I caught them in.
9.8m/s^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:13 AM   #134
Herald of Unicron
Yup third party stuff is insane prices. The three warbots are going for almost us$600 for the set.

The upside is that arms micron and general Japanese TFs are dirt cheap on new release in HK.

An update, found wave 1 of beast Hunters for hk$115 each. Dirt cheap in HK. Maybe not on currency conversion but that doesn't tell the whole story for locals.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:06 AM   #135
Herald of Unicron
Robot Kingdom announced that Voyager Beast Hunters are available now, as they're based in Hong Kong I'd expect this wave to be available over the next couple of days.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:08 AM   #136
Herald of Unicron
Confirmed that BH Voyagers are now on the street in HK. Predaking is available for as low as hk$199.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:25 PM   #137
Herald of Unicron
Year Of The Snake Omega Supreme & Optimus Prime are available in Toys R Us prices HK$999 & HK$799 respectively.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #138
Omnibot
Hi guys, so I will be traveling to Hong Kong in about 3 weeks or so (only for 4 days though ). I was wondering what are some good spot to get toys besides Toys R Us?

I grew up in HK, so I know there will be a lot of neighorhood stores that will have random transformers / robot toys, and I know there are probably a lot of spots in Mong Kok, but I'm curious as to what specifics spots / stores / plaza I should visit during my short stay?

Btw, has TFP BH Wave 2 came out in HK yet?
C310 Ginrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:48 AM   #139
Herald of Unicron
@C310 Ginrai: do a google search on heroicdecepticon toy shopping guide. He has google maps on where to look for TF toys on a number of cities including Hong Kong.
divinecomedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #140
Protectobot
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by C310 Ginrai View Post
Hi guys, so I will be traveling to Hong Kong in about 3 weeks or so (only for 4 days though ). I was wondering what are some good spot to get toys besides Toys R Us?

I grew up in HK, so I know there will be a lot of neighorhood stores that will have random transformers / robot toys, and I know there are probably a lot of spots in Mong Kok, but I'm curious as to what specifics spots / stores / plaza I should visit during my short stay?

Btw, has TFP BH Wave 2 came out in HK yet?
Your best bet now with your short stay is at

Inn's Point
It is near Mong Kok and Yau Ma Tei. If i recall correctly, you take the MTR Yau Ma Tei station exit E or G (sorry i can't quite remember exactly if it is E or G, i always fumble my way around once i'm there). It is on the main road Nathan Road i believe. Inn's point is only 1 block away from that exit. The other biggish landmark there is there is a big lingerie store with an orange storefront right beside Inn's.

Conversely there is always Sino Centre and CTMA at Mong Kok. That's Mong Kok exit E and Sino Centre is on the directory. You'll end up walking on the main street towards Sino Centre which is also the same main street and direction for getting to Inn's point, you just need to walk further.

I generally get to Mong Kok, go to Sino Centre and CTMA and then head to Inn's Point. Sino Centre and Inn's are on the same street in the same direction (Sino and then Inn's, they are like 5-6 blocks apart) so it makes it easier to find.

Hope that helps
EVERYTHING FOR SALE See my sales thread http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-...more-sale.html
Yobuster is offline   Reply With Quote