Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Hong Kong Transformers Sightings

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #121
Great Baan Gaan fan
Collection Count: Loads
News Credits: 1
Is the new Toyzone easy to find? I've been to Taikoo but only for the Jusco lol. So are Grimlocks plentiful?
Check out my random robot/non-robot hauls Here! Last updated 19/05/11
Roanstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #122
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: CHUGorama!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roanstalker View Post
Is the new Toyzone easy to find? I've been to Taikoo but only for the Jusco lol. So are Grimlocks plentiful?
Grimlocks are plentiful at the moment. I'm in HK so any questions, I'll do my best to help.
unicronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #123
What's in a name?
Collection Count: Stopped counting at 500
Toyzone is easy to find. They have a map on their website. The store is on the 4th floor of a factory building across the street from the MTR exit (A1). It's actually an easier walk than their old store was...
9.8m/s^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #124
Great Baan Gaan fan
Collection Count: Loads
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicronic View Post
Grimlocks are plentiful at the moment. I'm in HK so any questions, I'll do my best to help.
I'll be going to Hong Kong soon so thanks. What have they got Beast Hunters wise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9.8m/s^2 View Post
Toyzone is easy to find. They have a map on their website. The store is on the 4th floor of a factory building across the street from the MTR exit (A1). It's actually an easier walk than their old store was...
Huh cool. I guess being on the 4th floor is better than that long wait for the elevator at their old location eh? Anyone know why they moved?
Check out my random robot/non-robot hauls Here! Last updated 19/05/11
Roanstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #125
Herald of Unicron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roanstalker View Post
I'll be going to Hong Kong soon so thanks. What have they got Beast Hunters wise??
You're in luck. Wave One of BH just hit HK today (Monday). So far just the dlx wave but I suspect the rest of wave one (including the Voyagers and Cyberverse) will be here very soon too.

Yahoo Auctions HK is always a good resource for anyone overseas who is interested in what is on the shelves in HK. If it isn't on the auctions it isn't in HK with extremely rare exceptions.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:55 AM   #126
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: Not enough
Hey guys, I'll be heading to Hong Kong for the Lunar New Year holiday and was wondering what some good places to check out would be. It's been literally years since I've been to HK. Also, what would be some good places to check out for Marvel and DC figures? Are the TRUs in HK any good? Thanks in advance!
rob_charb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:18 AM   #127
Primus Hates You!
News Credits: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_charb View Post
Hey guys, I'll be heading to Hong Kong for the Lunar New Year holiday and was wondering what some good places to check out would be. It's been literally years since I've been to HK. Also, what would be some good places to check out for Marvel and DC figures? Are the TRUs in HK any good? Thanks in advance!
Personally, In's Point in Yau Ma Tei and Sino Center in Mongkok are good places to check for Marvel and DC figs. They're actually a few blocks away from each other. Toyzone in Taikoo is also an option, but it's more for older/vintage releases. As for TRU, not all branches get equal and good stocking. The TRU in Tsim Sha Tsui in Harbour City is the biggest and generally complete.
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
Feedback Want List
Star Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #128
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: Not enough
Thanks! I'll be getting an afternoon to myself while the missus and her sisters go do something or another, so I'll be sure to hit those places up.
rob_charb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #129
Primus Hates You!
News Credits: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_charb View Post
Thanks! I'll be getting an afternoon to myself while the missus and her sisters go do something or another, so I'll be sure to hit those places up.
I suggest hitting the TRU or Toy Zone first then. In's Point and the other shops in Mongkok typically open late afternoon. Most of them 4-5pm, 3pm if you're lucky. You can hit Hobbybase in Sino Center at around 3 (except on Sundays when they're closed), they have a pretty good selection of the new Hasbro releases for TFs and Marvel.
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
Feedback Want List
Star Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #130
Herald of Unicron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Saber View Post
I suggest hitting the TRU or Toy Zone first then. In's Point and the other shops in Mongkok typically open late afternoon. Most of them 4-5pm, 3pm if you're lucky. You can hit Hobbybase in Sino Center at around 3 (except on Sundays when they're closed), they have a pretty good selection of the new Hasbro releases for TFs and Marvel.
Agreed. Also Wanchai has some good places particularly for the very latest stuff and Mong Kok has the Richmond Centre.