Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

What do you think motivated the Nemesis? *spoilers?*

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
Sonic Xtreme, not Mario!
Collection Count: A few.
News Credits: 2
What do you think motivated the Nemesis? *spoilers?*

FOC tells us that the Nemesis is actually Trypticon, forced to undergo a permanent transformation. That justifies his contempt of the 'Cons, but doesn't explain why he decodes the database. What do you think? Plot advancement? Shockwave? Alpha Trion?

Plot Advancement?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005 Staff
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeBlade View Post
Best. Poster. EVAR!!!
optimaloptimus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
Your post confuses me...
Collection Count: 200-ish
His motivation was script direction, since Orion Pax wasn't around anymore somebody had to decode the coordinates.

Although really "Flying Mind" only served to give the Autobots the coordinates for the artifacts during that block of episodes that all took place at the same time, since Soundwave is later shown doing the EXACT SAME JOB the Nemesis was doing, rendering the entire thing pointless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
To fight monsters, we just chucked a bunch of school-girls at them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gawddammit View Post
YOU NEED THE NEWEST MODEL NOW BECAUSE WE HAVE INFINITE SUPPLIES OF EVERYTHING.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechafire View Post
You canít stab people with maces like that! That doesnít work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwormdalek View Post
Godspeed you magnificent random knowledge ninja. Godspeed...
Autobot Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
Dr Pepper Fan
Collection Count: 15
Some kind of prioritising system built into it, designed to focus on decoding should this mind ever be awakened, is what I would guess. Perhaps a fail-safe that, if this is Trypticon, it would direct him to simply decode rather than seek brutal revenge?

But sure, why not, cuz the plot said so
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergonWaffles View Post
Waffles are tasty, but not as filling as robot dinosaurs and bitch slapping Primes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterZero View Post
He's not handicapped, he's handicapable of murder.
Meta777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 18
I want to believe this plot isn't over yet. The script actively calls attention to the fact that what is going on with the Nemesis in "Flying Mind" is STRANGE - it reveals that it has weapons the Decepticons never knew it had, and it answers Ratchet's questions right up until he asks it WHY it's doing what it's doing, at which point it goes silent and hangs up. Potential Aligned continuity snafus aside, Shockwave was responsible for rebuilding Trypticon Station into the living Trypticon in "Exodus", who was then turned into the Nemesis in both "Exiles" and FoC, AND we know from the end of season 2 that four of the relics were key (har har) to reviving Cybertron, and that would be a major objective of Shockwave's, so the idea that he gave it secret weapons and objectives to facilitate this happening rings true. Especially since we know Shockwave is coming back in season 3, I really want to believe that we haven't seen the last of this plot.
Chris McFeely on Twitter - - Chris McFeely on YouTube
Chris McFeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
News Credits: 8
At the rate this show is going, I won't be surprised if it was just a plot contrivance for MOAR RELICS and had absolutely nothing to do with Trypticon.
Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite.
Bountyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #6
WITH NO SURVIVORS!
Collection Count: More than few but less than all of them
News Credits: 9
Send a message via AIM to Autovolt 127 Send a message via Skype™ to Autovolt 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris McFeely View Post
I want to believe this plot isn't over yet. The script actively calls attention to the fact that what is going on with the Nemesis in "Flying Mind" is STRANGE - it reveals that it has weapons the Decepticons never knew it had, and it answers Ratchet's questions right up until he asks it WHY it's doing what it's doing, at which point it goes silent and hangs up. Potential Aligned continuity snafus aside, Shockwave was responsible for rebuilding Trypticon Station into the living Trypticon in "Exodus", who was then turned into the Nemesis in both "Exiles" and FoC, AND we know from the end of season 2 that four of the relics were key (har har) to reviving Cybertron, and that would be a major objective of Shockwave's, so the idea that he gave it secret weapons and objectives to facilitate this happening rings true. Especially since we know Shockwave is coming back in season 3, I really want to believe that we haven't seen the last of this plot.
I want to believe this is all true.

Honestly if it was only for the 4T relics hunts they might aswell should have had Bulkhead steal the coordinates for them in Armada while he was on the Nemesis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
"Today we face the Decepticons that are at our door, and bring the fight to them! Today we are cancelling the age of extinction!"
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 18
I'd believe it was just for facilitating the relic-hunt four-parter if it wasn't for the secret weapons and its sudden reluctance to talk to Ratchet. These things stand out as unnecessary for the plot of the episode itself. The Decepticons' don't NEED to not know about the weapons for them to serve their role in the episode, and the mystery of its motivation is unnecessary, yet flagged up deliberately. I hope these aren't red herrings or things that will be abandoned.
Chris McFeely on Twitter - - Chris McFeely on YouTube
Chris McFeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #8
Filipinooooooooooooo
Collection Count: 36 figures. I need more!
To destory us all! Destory us all! Destory us all! Destroy us all! Destory us all! Destroy us all!

PSN: pcjordan23FL
YouTube: pcjordan23
PcPrime23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #9
Filipinooooooooooooo
Collection Count: 36 figures. I need more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris McFeely View Post
Primus let this be true!

PSN: pcjordan23FL
YouTube: pcjordan23
PcPrime23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #10
News Credits: 30
The ship computer felt it was priority to do what Soundwave had been trying to do (decode the database).

It did what it had to as it was supposed to before. Megatron speculates that the ship is doing what he wants it to but it's clear that it's not the case. It going ahead with it's priority as a computer system.
shroobmaster is offline   Reply With Quote