Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey
by Zaur

How Prime will be looked at 30 years from now.

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #101
Super-unvincible
Collection Count: Uh... A lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
*snip*
I think I love you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaur View Post
Ok biggest runoff sentence ever and I SAID it was an average episode, probably one of the worst G1 episodes plot-wise, but it still has all the elements that makes the series classic: The human characters CONTRIBUTE to the plot unlike in a lot of series where there more like background characters, the Decepticons planning something by evil scheme of Megatron, I mean remember the Decepticons aren't generic like in Prime, G1 Megatron thinks outside the box, and so don't you think the human characters can build a robot? How progressive of you. That's racist if anything if you don't think they could build a robot, and as far as the ending, they were all FRIENDS so why would the Autbots think the two guys were harming the girl?

What I mean is every series has at least one crappy episode but overall G1 is still the classic. And BW had a dum episode too, but Prime has plenty eps to choose from when it comes to stupid plots. Except there its boring.
You're defending B.O.T. You're seriously defending B.O.T..

I don't know whether to laugh or cry from the sheer dumbness of this post. I'd post a rebuttal, but Autobot Burnout bear me to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFWiki
The Transformers launches in the US, in toy, comic and cartoon formats, forever ruining Transformers.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #102
Thread-killer
Collection Count: 70; 20 generations, 2 g1, 6 universe, and an assortment of movieverse
Y'know, OP, Your point was doomed from the start, due to the fact that it contradicted itself on multiple occasions, and was blatantly false, but you could've helped your case a bit by using grammar and punctuation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNomadSkies View Post
ITT: The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the fat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerchris View Post
I can only assume she's sneaking down in the night and eating milk-soaked toilet paper rolls.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #103
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
Nice try, but you're not worming your way out of this one.

Prove to me through solid, irrefutable evidence that at least over 50% of those views came from people who watch Prime or the Hub. I want numbers, I want statistics, I want SOMETHING that isn't you making shit up to support your claims.
NO!

Quote:
You do realize that G1 toys were ALSO mass produced, right? And the most popular characters continue to have those G1 toys made via re-issues, right? This has NO relation AT ALL to my comments about the show itself, as I didn't say a WORD about the toyline, either. You also don't mention the Marvel comics, which many people FROM THAT ERA hold in higher esteem than the show.
Obviously there be no show if not for toys, I never said the show was better than the toys! The only thing I like better than the show is the toys! Why do you think I joined this site? Transformers is a toyline first and always, but it's good they had a good show like G1 to go along with the toys, and unlike Prime which only exists to promote the Hub. If anything the Hub is a commercial channel!

Quote:
Okay, you REALLY have not seen the show if you think the racism thing was an excuse. Carabombya was literally every single racist stereotype combined into one country, including it's sign!
Yes, I'm not saying it wasn't racist but I'm sure Casey Casem was looking for a way out of the show so he could go back to being a radio show, so he just threw a fit over the racism thing so he could leave the show.

Quote:
Have you ever paid close attention to any part of a G1 episode and noticed just how much the animators tried to make the robots move as little as possible? Even the movie has touches of this.
Same with Prime, except with Prime its laziness because making a CGI show is a lot easier than hand drawing something. Basically the people who work on Prime are getting paid twice as much as the G1 people for doing half the work as G1.

Quote:
Considering how every single plot was pretty much meant to be independent and reset the status quo at the end of every episode, it might as well have been.
Again, Prime is this too.

Quote:
2. There is no point to the Decepticon plan. At least every other episode, they're going for some mcguffin or trying to steal energy or have a new weapon they'll destroy the Autobots with, but here? They build a new damn simply to destroy it. There is no objective, it's not even that evil because there's literally nothing that would happen to anything if the plan was successful!
Way to over simpilfy Megatron's plan. Basically it was the Decpticons demonstrating their power, showing the humans, ecspecially Megatron, that Megatron not only can build something massive like a dam, but can destroy it just as easily.

Quote:
3. What part of making a robot that's SMARTER than all the other transformers when the brain is from one of the stupidest Decepticions alive makes sense to you? This is not fucking Enrithan or Terminator, it's just one girl who somehow gets her mitts on Brawl's brain and builds a semi-sentient robot that's super smart IN LESS THAN A DAY.
Well because after all Transformers are MACHINES. One would guess that if you had a knack for technology you could build anything out of their advance technology inside them. So actually this isn't far-fetched, you sort of answer your own question, the girl was a genius so that's how she build the robot. Is it a great plot? No, but why should be judge a whole series on one bad episode? We shouldn't!

Quote:
And honestly, how the FUCK am I RACIST for thinking logically? What minority did I demonstrate irrational hatred towards? Please, let me know!
Your being racist to women by saying the girl in B.O.T shouldn't be able to build a robot.

Quote:
4. They were not friends, that much was made clear in the beginning of the episode. And what country do you live in where two boys taping a girl's mouth shut and dragging her off against her will does NOT constitute something that looks like kidnapping? Do YOU randomly go out, tape somebody's mouth shut and drag them off against their will, and everybody just thinks "oh, that's okay, they're obviously friends!"?
What would you want the Autobots to do? Have them be like "UNHAND THE LADY!" and fight the two guys? The episode was over! Even though it looks sorta bad, the reason they did it was because the girl was planning on building another robot, and the guys were like "Sheesh! Not again!". It wasn't meant to be thretening. Way to take it literally!

Quote:
And yet not one mention of Energon. Or knowledge of how to even spell "dumb" apparently.
SORRY! TYPO!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #104
Super-Unvincible

Collection Count: Don't know. Don't want to know.
News Credits: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaur
Your being racist to women.
Dude, seriously, just... just stop.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #105
I'm an agile cat.
Collection Count: Shrek is life.
News Credits: 1
Zaur is my new favourite member.

According to him women are a race, not a gender, and everyone of them should be able to build robots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechafire View Post
He has an alien dinosaur? Like... as a pet or something?

Fucked up, man. Elites deserve equality!
I have a dream. A dream where barkbarbak wort honk honk blarg.

''Brevity is the soul of wit.'' - Bill Shakesguy
Old 12-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #106
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechafire View Post
Dude, seriously, just... just stop.
truth hurts. need proof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout
it's just one girl who somehow gets her mitts on Brawl's brain and builds a semi-sentient robot that's super smart IN LESS THAN A DAY
if that's not racism was is?
Old 12-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #107
Super-unvincible
Collection Count: Uh... A lot.
This thread seriously needs to be stickied for posterity. Also, lulz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFWiki
The Transformers launches in the US, in toy, comic and cartoon formats, forever ruining Transformers.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #108
Attack Buffalo
Collection Count: 810
News Credits: 19
You have no idea what racism is, do you?
Here's a list of stuff I'm looking for!

Help keep Transformers Animated alive! Preorder Bluster & Trench today, exclusively at Planet Steel Express by clicking this banner!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #109
I'm an agile cat.
Collection Count: Shrek is life.
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaur View Post
if that's not racism was is?
Ask me when you're older.

I feel kind of bad this thread kinda did what it did. The idea of Prime's lasting impressions is interesting food for thought.

''Brevity is the soul of wit.'' - Bill Shakesguy
Old 12-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #110
Banned
I know what it is.
Closed Thread