Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

The lack of realism. Or "Prime vs. This much better thing"

Reply Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 09:54 PM   #361
G1 FOREVER!
Collection Count: 300
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCDR Blindside View Post
Star Trek is incredibly cerebral, at least from TNG on. I wouldn't watch it with my kids.
No one is saying you have to but, it was a family show heck they even had a toy line. On topic, the point is that Tf Prime has to satisfy a broad auidence the IDW comics have a narrow auidence to please.
IDW= Greatest Transformers continuity EVER!!!!!!
Peter Cullen= Optimus Prime
Frank Welker= Megatron
Prime was the best TF show to date, can the new RID show do better?
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:19 AM   #362
Banned
Collection Count: 68
Wow, this thread. I don't have adequate words to describe it.
KayeMinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:24 AM   #363
Eye of the Palmtop Tiger
Collection Count: More than few but less than all of them
News Credits: 9
Send a message via AIM to Autovolt 127 Send a message via Skype™ to Autovolt 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijuguy19 View Post
Come to think of it since Animated had the same leel of complaints when it first aired from what I've heard I wonder if it also has the same types of arguments concerning the level of the love and rants about the show like Prime's getting right now?
I miss those days. It's sad when a show only becomes accepted after it ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
"Today we face the Decepticons that are at our door, and bring the fight to them! Today we are cancelling the age of extinction!"
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:13 AM   #364
Telly-headed Tyrant
Collection Count: Probably more than my fair share
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerblackout View Post
We need something like Arcee and Bumblebee doodling on Airachnid's pod. Stuff like "I SUCK."
They should draw a moustache on the pod glass so it looks like Airachnid has lip fuzz.

Actually it would be funny to have Bumblebee sneak in on a dare while Optimus is asleep on a stasis recharge and draw a moustache on him. And while everyone is giggling later at Moustachimus Prime there's a Decepticon alert and Optimus rushes off through the Ground Bridge before anyone can tell him about the prank. Cue every Decepticon Optimus then encounters, including Megatron, thrown off their stride by his drawn-on face fuzz.

Edit: Just realised however that any drawn-on moustache on Optimus would get covered in battle by his mouth-guard. Bugger. And I was so enjoying the idea too. Unless the writers upped the joke by having an even bigger moustache drawn on Optimus' mouth-guard. It would be like a second comedy hit when he activated it and there it was. Maybe a full-on beard and grinning teeth for that reveal.
Autobloke in everything but name.
Gingerchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #365
Vehicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCDR Blindside View Post
Star Trek is incredibly cerebral, at least from TNG on. I wouldn't watch it with my kids.
I have literally watched Star Trek, from TNG on, my whole life. Loved a good episoded with firm characterization and great acting! Who needs those dang gum explosions?
NathanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #366
Banned
Location: If you grew up where I grew up, you'd be f***ing dead!
Collection Count: A select many
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
I have literally watched Star Trek, from TNG on, my whole life. Loved a good episoded with firm characterization and great acting! Who needs those dang gum explosions?
Alright!
LCDR Blindside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #367
zombiecon
Collection Count: they have their own room...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerchris View Post
They should draw a moustache on the pod glass so it looks like Airachnid has lip fuzz.

Actually it would be funny to have Bumblebee sneak in on a dare while Optimus is asleep on a stasis recharge and draw a moustache on him. And while everyone is giggling later at Moustachimus Prime there's a Decepticon alert and Optimus rushes off through the Ground Bridge before anyone can tell him about the prank. Cue every Decepticon Optimus then encounters, including Megatron, thrown off their stride by his drawn-on face fuzz.

Edit: Just realised however that any drawn-on moustache on Optimus would get covered in battle by his mouth-guard. Bugger. And I was so enjoying the idea too. Unless the writers upped the joke by having an even bigger moustache drawn on Optimus' mouth-guard. It would be like a second comedy hit when he activated it and there it was. Maybe a full-on beard and grinning teeth for that reveal.
That would be pretty good, actually.

zmog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron II View Post
Smog is never wrong. He can only be right in the opposite direction.
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #368
Loves Godzilla & Arcee.
Collection Count: Many so far
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
I miss those days. It's sad when a show only becomes accepted after it ends.
Tell me about it! I wish it's more accepted now then later.

Sig made by Noneatme. Arcee for Hall of Fame!
kaijuguy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #369
I vawnt my berdt.
Collection Count: I lied. Maybe 75.
News Credits: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerchris View Post

I'd definitely laugh at both of those ideas. And I'd love to see that kind of interaction.

But it's almost too funny/slapstick. I could see a toned down version of the first idea playing out. Maybe like Bumblebee walking by in the Autobot base with no one else around, stopping, and walking back to where Airachnid is being held. He looks around, making sure that no one is around. And then making faces (or the closest thing he can do to making faces) at her, wiggling his fingers, scowling, etc. (you know, the Bumblebee equivalent of sticking out his tongue and saying "Na na na na boo-boo!") and then having Ratchet walk in on this. They stare at each awkwardly and Ratchet just rolls his eyes, grumbles "Ughh...." and walks away.
Interested in anything to do with voice-acting? Look no further than Behind the Voice Actors!
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #370
I RIP ALL MY RAZE!
Collection Count: Enough to start a Cybertronian war all over again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
But it's almost too funny/slapstick.
Meh. Beast Wars was a great series that knew when to be serious, and it went the route of Rhinox downing wild beans and blasting the Predacons with the biggest fart in the universe. And hell, even Megatron thought it was completely ludicrous that such a thing happened to him.

Mustaches drawn on Optimus's face/faceplate is pretty tame. (Though it'd be hilarious, nonetheless ).

AlmightyRayzilla & RFCreations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
Dude, forget Giant Robot Punching Daggers. That thing's got TITTY MISSILES.
Rayzilla Prime is offline   Reply With Quote