Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

New Opening for Season 2?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #41
Professional Amateur
Collection Count: More toys than shelf space allows
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijuguy19 View Post
Well I'm pretty sure the past shows had their OWN share of white knights like you mentioned especially for TFA. Come to think of it am I the only white knight for TFP or is there more on the forum?
Oh, there are more of us who love the show around certainly.

I personally just don't bother taking any of the negative comments I read to heart.
Jive Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #42
Loves Godzilla & Arcee.
Collection Count: Many so far
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Guru View Post
Oh, there are more of us who love the show around certainly.

I personally just don't bother taking any of the negative comments I read to heart.
That's really nice to hear thanks!

I'm still trying to not take negative comments about the show to heart. I'm really going to not let get the better of me! It's just sometimes some old habits die hard! Good thing you're doing a good job on it!

Sig made by Noneatme. Arcee for Hall of Fame!
kaijuguy19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #43
I'm an agile cat.
Collection Count: Shrek is life.
News Credits: 1
It's a shame that constructive critism of the show is responded to with essentially "LALALA I'm not listening!" Criticizing a show doesn't mean I hate it, just that I have quite a few reservations with it and would hope to see them improved later on. A lot of people posting "negativity" here I know are people who have voiced their appreciation for the show overall. That doesn't mean we can't still be critical. If anything we're critical because we give a fuck in the first place, because we like it.

''Brevity is the soul of wit.'' - Bill Shakesguy
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:13 PM   #44
Hyper Goldfish! Golfball!
Collection Count: Bookoo
I love the show too, and it's some of the best TF storytelling in recent years. Not that it's hard to be better than the likes of DOTM and ROTF. I do however, accept others' opinions, and take the time to read them.

But anyways, before I derail things further, back to the question asked. Considering how much the story has progressed, and how relations have shifted, I believe a new intro should be crafted, yes. It would be a lot more suitable than just keeping the current one.

Follow me on Tumblr!
Hefty Landline Click.
Kaymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:18 PM   #45
I'm an agile cat.
I'm just gonna say it 'cuz you mentioned it, but I found DOTM's story way better than more than half of Prime. DOTM had the moon conspiracy, Sentinel's betrayal, (which was a genuine surprise excluding that fucking Amazon incident) the mass invasion and the enemy's plan to deliver Cybertron to Earth. I gave a fuck about what was happening from start to finish. Prime had Autobots find Cybertronian thing and Miko causes trouble x5, and Unicron popping up at the last second. That's like if in the last ten minute of DOTM Optimus turned out to be a bear. Prime started strong, but nosedived into the poo soup five meters from landing strip.

Yeah, point goes to DOTM in story.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:19 PM   #46
Destron
Collection Count: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
I'm just gonna say it 'cuz you mentioned it, but I found DOTM's story way better than more than half of Prime. DOTM had the moon conspiracy, Sentinel's betrayal, (which was a genuine surprise excluding that fucking Amazon incident) the mass invasion and the enemy's plan to deliver Cybertron to Earth. Prime had Autobots find Cybertronian thing and Miko causes trouble x5, and Unicron popping up at the last second. That's like if in the last ten minute of DOTM Optimus turned out to be a bear.

Yeah, point goes to DOTM in story.
Way to completely ignore the Megatron resurrection plot, the MECH story line, the Starscream one, the Arcee one, and the Bulkhead story.
Kostya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #47
I'm an agile cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostya View Post
Way to completely ignore the Megatron resurrection plot
That was a plot? Nobody actively sought to ressurect him, nor did he somehow conspire to bring himself back. Only through chance did Megatron return and it was covered in merely two episodes. It was a really weak plot, especially compared to how in Animated all of Season 1 was Megatron trying to get his body back, trying new things and manipulating others. In ROTF Megatron was dead, but the Decepticons one and only mission at that point was his revival. In prime? He just sits on a table dreaming about stupid stuff until the Autobots go poking around in his head.

Quote:
the MECH story line
What storyline? They haven't finished it yet. All we know is that they're doing something, not what or why. It didn't factor into the finale at all and really is one of the worst parts of the show for me.

Quote:
the Starscream one, the Arcee one, and the Bulkhead story
Starscream yes, but again not yet resolved and forgotten far too quickly. Arcee's story was just character backstory and again not part of the overall plot and Bulkhead has no story. "I was a Wrecker!" "And?" "Uh... I was a Wrecker!"

Which is really my biggest misgiving with Prime. All it's plot threads are just sort of dumped on us to be resolved later, with the actual season finale dealing with Unicron coming out of nowhere. Nothing was properly resolved. Not a thing. Which in the end just makes me feel like we wasted time. If they're not going to bring their A game from the get go why should we care if everything they start is just going to be explored next season? Why not this season? There was time if you cut out all the pointless fetch-quest episodes.

However, none of this has anything to do with the intro which is what this thread is about. So that's all I'm gonna say.

Last edited by SPLIT LIP; 12-01-2011 at 10:34 PM.. Reason: shit my spelling SUCK ASS tonight
Old 12-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #48
Hyper Goldfish! Golfball!
Collection Count: Bookoo
Quote:
It's a shame that constructive critism of the show is responded to with essentially "LALALA I'm not listening!" Criticizing a show doesn't mean I hate it, just that I have quite a few reservations with it and would hope to see them improved later on. A lot of people posting "negativity" here I know are people who have voiced their appreciation for the show overall. That doesn't mean we can't still be critical. If anything we're critical because we give a fuck in the first place, because we like it.
I feel the same way. I listen to the criticism, and criticize the show myself, and take the time to respond, such as I am doing now. Some things can be done a LOT better, like giving Prime more characterization, backstory, etc. They are doing a good job of this, but it seemed like they dropped an exposition bomb in the season finale. While fleshing out the universe is good, doing that earlier would've been cool.

Follow me on Tumblr!
Hefty Landline Click.
Kaymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #49
Loves Godzilla & Arcee.
Collection Count: Many so far
Quote:
That was a plot? Nobody actively sought to ressurect him, nor did he somehow conspire to bring himself back. Only through chance did Megatron return and it was covered in merely two episodes. It was a really weak plot, especially compared to how in Animated all of Season 1 was Megatron trying to get his body back, trying new things and manipulating others. In ROTF Megatron was dead, but the Decepticons one and only mission at that point was his revival. In prime? He just sits on a table dreaming about stupid stuff until the Autobots go poking around in his head.

What storyline? They haven't finished it yet. All we know is that they're doing something, not what or why. It didn't factor into the finale at all and really is one of the worst parts of the show for me.

Starscream yes, but again not yet resolved and forgotten far too quickly. Arcee's story was just character backstory and again not part of the overall plot and Bulkhead has no story. "I was a Wrecker!" "And?" "Uh... I was a Wrecker!"

Which is really my biggest misgiving with Prime. All it's plot threads are just sort of dumped on us to be resolved later, with the actual season finale dealing with Unicron coming out of nowhere. Nothing was properly resolved. Not a thing. Which in the end just makes me feel like we wasted time. If they're not going to bring their A game from the get go why should we care if everything they start is just going to be explored next season? Why not this season? There was time if you cut out all the pointless fetch-quest episodes.

However, none of this has anything to do with the intro which is what this thread is about. So that's all I'm gonna say.
No offense but I'm going to have to go with Kostya on this one. I understand you WANT the series to improve and I know you don't hate the show, but aren't you kind of exaggerating the flaws to a extreamly high degree? From the looks of it all of your rants are actually making Transformers Prime a lot more worse than it actually is! The storyline's not connected yes but still that doesn't mean the characters aren't progressing in some way like Arcee's slowly letting go of her bitterness,Ratchet having more respect for humans,and Bulkhead's letting go of a grudge for one day. I do agree that Optimus and Bumblebee need more character development but that doesn't mean the rest are bad,in fact many of them ARE awsome! Aren't you taking how the story develops a little TOO seriously? We want a good story yes but we're also not asking for Shakesberian levels! It's not the best but I've seen FAR worse badly written shows! Listen I'm soory if I'm taking this too far again. I understand your giving your honest opinon and we wouldn't be fans if we wern't honest with the writers. I personally don't see anything wrong with it but if you do that's fine! As much as I like DOTM plot myself Season 1 of TFP DID have a plot too!

Sig made by Noneatme. Arcee for Hall of Fame!
kaijuguy19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #50
JKC
Collection Count: 42
News Credits: 107
Send a message via Skype™ to ken8kuhletz08
How about this one?

Transformers Prime Intro - Invader Zim Opening Theme - YouTube

But seriously, a new theme song would be nice.
My Videos | My Collection
Latest Purchase: Mighty Muggs Movieverse Optimus Prime
ken8kuhletz08 is offline   Reply With Quote