Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Rise of the Dark Spark Developers Revealed + 3DS is a Tactical RPG

Reply Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2014, 04:58 AM   #1
Optimus Prime's scriptor
Collection Count: Around 20
News Credits: 25
Rise of the Dark Spark Developers Revealed and New Details and Modes Emerge

Taken from [Links are hidden for guests. Please Register.]:

Quote:
High Moon Studios, the developer behind Transformers: War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron, will not be behind the Rise Of The Dark Spark. Instead, the game is being developed by Edge of Reality.

Edge of Reality worked with BioWare to develop the Wii U version of Mass Effect 3, and helped develop Dragon Age: Origins on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. According to Examiner.com, which spoke with an Activision representative at the NYC Toy Fair, the 3DS version of the game will be an entirely separate tactical RPG game developer by WayForward, which most recently developed DuckTales: Remastered.

Interestingly enough, the developer is credited for developing the 2008 tie-in game The Incredible Hulk movie which sported an open world where every building could be destroyed. This developer has so experience developing a game where the characters are larger-than-life so maybe the gameplay might have some interesting twists.

Taken from the [Links are hidden for guests. Please Register.]:

Quote:
'Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark' was announced today during Hasbro's preview event for New York Toy Fair, kicking off tomorrow from the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York City. The trailer shows the action we can expect to find in the title slated to be released this year, and can be viewed above. We got to catch up with a representative from Activision at the Hasbro event and find out some more details about the game.

'Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark' will run alongside the new film, Age of Extinction, the representative said, and will be "marrying two different universes, the Tranformers Cybertron universe and the Michael Bay Transformers universe," and players will get to experience characters from both environments.

While playing through the single player campaign, you will be able to play as both the Autobots and Decepticons. One character you'll get to play as in the merged worlds is the new Grimlock from the upcoming film.

Extinction mode, the multiplayer portion of Transformers' games, is back for 'Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark': It is now horde-based combat with over 40 playable characters. Additionally, multiplayer and single player will link up, where progression will follow you from one game mode to another, meaning the rank ups and power ups you gain in multiplayer can travel with you to single player, and vice versa.

High Moon Studios, who developed Transformers: War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron, is not developing Rise of the Dark Spark. Edge of Reality, who previously worked on the Mass Effect Trilogy and Dragon Age: Origins, are developing Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark and the game will be available for the Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PC, Wii U, and 3DS.

The 3DS version, according to the representative we spoke with, is not just a simple port and not being developed by Edge of Reality. It is another game entirely, a Strategy RPG being developed by Way Forward, who previously worked on Ducktales: Remastered among other titles.

While details are limited, it certainly seems Activision is ready to go all in with the Transformers property on both console and handheld.
Shizuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:07 AM   #2
'Fe Li Na'
Collection Count: 87 (With Mini-Cons and Legends)
News Credits: 32
Uhm this could end very well or not. Have to see some gameplay first, but let's give them a chance.
I will miss you HMS =(
Niv3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:09 AM   #3
The British Butcher
Feel the Fury of the British Butcher!

Collection Count: And Encore Maximus completes G1
News Credits: 3
Send a message via AIM to Sol Fury
Hmm, tactical RPG on the 3DS by Wayforward? Sounds promising.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Halberd
Sol Fury can be likened to a German clock. A very exact, complex, and tightly-wound precision instrument that occasionally goes cuckoo.
Sol Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:09 AM   #4
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: 155
News Credits: 1
It being a Tactical RPG sure caught my attention. My eyes are too crappy to play shooters as it turns out so I was sort of hoping it wouldn't be one.

I has a thread for my Beast Hunters related fanart.
Kujo1597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:10 AM   #5
Optimus Prime's scriptor
Collection Count: Around 20
News Credits: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Fury View Post
Hmm, tactical RPG on the 3DS by Wayforward? Sounds promising.
Sorry for the continuous edits, I'm constantly updating with new information.

Escaltation is back folks with over 40 Playable characters!
Shizuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:17 AM   #6
'Fe Li Na'
Collection Count: 87 (With Mini-Cons and Legends)
News Credits: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka View Post
Sorry for the continuous edits, I'm constantly updating with new information.

Escaltation is back folks with over 40 Playable characters!
This sounds promising.
Niv3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:27 AM   #7
Protoformed This Way
News Credits: 8
Please Local Multiplayer.
Starscream Gaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:28 AM   #8
Herald of Unicron
puma's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: too many
News Credits: 12
I could be into tactical rpg. I used to love games like Shining Force and Fire Emblem. Hopefully it'll be made better than the iPhone tactical TF game.
Puma's Store $${}Feedback{}DFW area meet ups!{}@PumaTheHunter{}Shmax Collection
puma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:22 AM   #9
Just dropping in
Collection Count: Um....I forgot....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream Gaga View Post
Please Local Multiplayer.
This X100000000000000000
NotRamjet97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:22 AM   #10
Quintesson
Collection Count: 700+
News Credits: 3
local multiplayer can't happen any more in these next gen games. Machines can't handle rendering multiple insanely detailed environments.
"It doesn't matter what you ask, it's who you're asking"
King Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote