Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Peter Cullen attending Texas Comic Con the same weekend as BotCon

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #21
Decepticon Air Force
News Credits: 1
San Antonio? Really? But nothing happens in this town, lol. Damn, now I'm considering going. Just told my wife the $200 price tag for the Peter Cullen experience and she was actually OK with it but only if I go alone (it's too much for the both of us). Not that much fun going by myself though. Decisions, decisions.

Join the DAF! Fly, fight, and face plant!
Timesynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #22
Decepticon Cannibal
Send a message via AIM to Cataraks Send a message via Yahoo to Cataraks
$200 is QUITE steep for that value, especially when just a few years ago, Anime Matsuri in Houston had Peter Cullen out, let him do Q&As, and get things autographed for just the price of admission (which for a single day pass I think was 25)
Glad I went then, and got my stuff signed then. Now, if it was a catered meet & greet and not a Q&A, maybe that'd be worth it.

Also, as a convention organizer that lives in Texas, I can honestly say I don't know what they're thinking, but it's not like they have too much choice, as they've typically been on this weekend. But with San Japan (a 10,000+ anime convention) moving back to the month after, and Akon (a 25,000+ anime/geek culture convention) sitting 2 weeks before them, they may find themselves having a hard time getting attendance.

I can only presume that they're assuming most die hard TF fans can't afford to go to botcon. This might end up being true, but we'll see, I'll attend either way.
Cataraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #23
Vehicon
Collection Count: Lost count years ago
Greedy man. This is why there's lotterys at Botcon for a select few. It doesn't have to do with them getting old or crazy fans. They want there cuts and not do free stuff or $20 like we would all wish.
Wanted: Spike and Chip from Art Feather Bumblebees!!
ACE STRIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #24
Omnibot
Shockwave76's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Does it matter?
Yeah that's a major bummer, don't really want to pay an extra $200 for his autograph though.... I sure hope they improve the guest list from last year......
Shockwave76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #25
The Collector
Collection Count: 300+
News Credits: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
Not just Peter Cullen but there's also Gregg Berger, Neil Ross, Michael Bell and Alan Oppenheimer.

I wish i was attending the Texas comic-con, also it's cool seeing Peter do other cons aside from BotCon.
The con itself is not that great, more like flea market con. Also, we all know guests can leave on a whim from any con, so I bet Peter Cullen ends up showing up at botcon to promote the movie
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAUGE0001 View Post
There are dumb
TFL: seeker311
Xboxlive: seeker311
Friend code:60215075
seeker311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #26
The Collector
Collection Count: 300+
News Credits: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataraks View Post
$200 is QUITE steep for that value, especially when just a few years ago, Anime Matsuri in Houston had Peter Cullen out, let him do Q&As, and get things autographed for just the price of admission (which for a single day pass I think was 25)
Glad I went then, and got my stuff signed then. Now, if it was a catered meet & greet and not a Q&A, maybe that'd be worth it.

Also, as a convention organizer that lives in Texas, I can honestly say I don't know what they're thinking, but it's not like they have too much choice, as they've typically been on this weekend. But with San Japan (a 10,000+ anime convention) moving back to the month after, and Akon (a 25,000+ anime/geek culture convention) sitting 2 weeks before them, they may find themselves having a hard time getting attendance.

I can only presume that they're assuming most die hard TF fans can't afford to go to botcon. This might end up being true, but we'll see, I'll attend either way.
Alamocitycomiccon blew it out of the water, tx comic con ain't nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAUGE0001 View Post
There are dumb
TFL: seeker311
Xboxlive: seeker311
Friend code:60215075
seeker311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #27
Predacon
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE STRIKER View Post
Greedy man.
Don't think it's him. When he was here for the ride opening he signed 7 things for me for free.
Citricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #28
@robitparty
Collection Count: 400
News Credits: 6
Send a message via AIM to llamatron Send a message via MSN to llamatron
haha oh wow texas comic cons just trolled botcon hard

http://cybernetspacecube.blogspot.com.au
Latest Post: Painting Rhinox's Guns
llamatron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #29
Decepticon Cannibal
Send a message via AIM to Cataraks Send a message via Yahoo to Cataraks
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker311 View Post
Alamocitycomiccon blew it out of the water, tx comic con ain't nothing
Due to the time gap though, it's a non competitor
if Texas Comiccon advertised at ACCC, then it's own attendance may jump up considerably.

Though also, when I see a number like 35,000 for a first year show that no one I know has ever even heard of, and that includes san Antonio people, I have to question the validity of those numbers, like counting a 3 day pass the same as 3 Friday passes.

Maybe "validity" isn't the right word, rather "practical accuracy"

For instance, for insurance purposes a company has to report how many individuals will be at the show on any given day. A show that only has 9,000 people on Friday, 15,000 on Saturday, and 6,000 on sunday would have a "total attendance" to the insurance company as 30,000, even when 5,000 of the Friday people are returning for both Saturday and sunday, making the practical number be 20,000. Or if 8,000 Friday people are also there Saturday, instead of just 5,000, that makes the practical number 17,000. Suddenly they are half what they claim.

You'll notice attendance numbers like this jump whenever a show gets above the 5k mark, then again when they get above 12k, and again when they hit 30k. It's not underhanded so much as there is a lot more work gone into analyzing how many individual ticket holders there are when not every ticket holder is purchasing their own ticket. A person might be buying 4 tickets, one for them and their friends, but if they buy 2 Friday, 2 Saturday, and 2 sunday, that could be any combination of 2 people to 6 people using those tickets. And then, a larger show employs more people to work for it, and they will often count them in attendance because they still go into insurance purposes.

On that note, does anyone even know the attendance for Texas Comiccon? I can't find that anywhere, even though it's in their fifth year.
You expect me to hesitate?
You expect me to sympathize?
You expect me to care?
You expect too much.
Cataraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #30
Bacala=Jobs Gouki=Wozniak
Shin-Gouki's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Selling to keep a roof over my kids heads :(
News Credits: 7
Send a message via AIM to Shin-Gouki Send a message via MSN to Shin-Gouki
Well looks like Fun Pub will have a crap lineup like last year (Wally Burr is the only one worth a damn last year)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Spamsalot View Post
This just in, Shin Gouki is my hero.
Shin-Gouki is offline   Reply With Quote