Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

TFW's Generations Bumblebee Gallery Now Online

Reply Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
The British Butcher
Feel the Fury of the British Butcher!

Collection Count: And Encore Maximus completes G1
News Credits: 3
Send a message via AIM to Sol Fury
TFW's Generations Bumblebee Gallery Now Online

Next up in our series of galleries looking at the Transformers Generations Wave 5 is Bumblebee! This version of the beloved yellow Autobot is based on the rebuilt body Bumblebee received at the end of his miniseries early in the Mike Costa era and that he then retained for the remainder of the ongoing. It is best described visually as a hybrid of classic and movie Bumblebee designs, giving Bumblebee a look which is both modern in respect of the resemblance to the Movie and Prime musclecar Bumblebees, but also retro with some of the nods to the original Bumblebee - in particular the headsculpt, which is a Bumblebee face very strongly based on the Generation 1 look that you can almost see Dan Gilvezan providing the voice of.

That being said, while Bumblebee has a great look, he falls far short of the other new toys in this assortment. Unlike Trailcutter, Megatron and Orion Pax, there are some vehicle mode parts left hanging off of the robot mode, in particular the whole roof of the car. But Bumblebee also falls short technically, with his elbow movement restricted by hard plastic notches, a shade of yellow plastic that may not please everyone, and the sliding panels on the lower leg feeling tight to the point you worry you might break them. On my Bumblebee also the legs, which are purely friction joints - not balljoints or even pin joints - were a bit loose at the knees. It is a pity, because there are a lot of good ideas that went into the Bumblebee design - but I was left feeling that Bumblebee perhaps should have been put back a wave to let his design be polished to the level of Megatron, Trailcutter or Orion Pax.

Overall, Bumblebee is not terrible - he's the weakest of the four, but still looks nice when displayed. The Goldbug / Goldfire version might be the one to look toward though, for being an official Classics style Goldbug as well as being in a generally nicer looking deco.

Check out the gallery of Bumblebee at the link below:

Generations IDW Deluxe Bumblebee Gallery

Generations Bumblebee Robot Mode

Generations Bumblebee Car Mode

Generations Bumblebee with his "Stingers"

Generations Bumblebee with his Stingers combined into cannon mode

Bumblebee with Classics Bumblebee Robot Mode

Bumblebee with Movie and Prime Bumblebees Car Mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Halberd
Sol Fury can be likened to a German clock. A very exact, complex, and tightly-wound precision instrument that occasionally goes cuckoo.
Sol Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
Boy of Meat
I was gonna comment that he was unexceptionally a bumblebee, but the paint on those arms looks awful.
RayTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
I'm an agile cat.
Collection Count: Shrek is life.
News Credits: 1
Looks good aside from the yellow painted arms.

''Brevity is the soul of wit.'' - Bill Shakesguy
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #4
The Dark Knight
Batman's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 11
At first I was like "oh that is a nice looking legends/cyberverse figure". Then I realized it was a deluxe. Man they just do not make them like they used to.

Even if I think the toy is lame, the gallery is very nicely shot as always

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #5
Autobot Mercenary
Collection Count: ALOT...less now.
The only thing I don't like about this figure is the unmatching painted forearms. Otherwise this will be the first bb figure other than the original classics that I actually look forward to getting
B/S/T thread: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-...rade-list.html
Feedback: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...ml#post7198619
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #6
Autobot
cheetor71's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 149+
Send a message via Yahoo to cheetor71
The yellow arms look like crap. I also don't care for the fact that his shoulders are the front end of the car

Now accepting commissions
cheetor71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:09 PM   #7
Stunticon
What a horrible looking Transformer.

At least, nothing about this says 'Bumblebee' to me. It's just a generic 'kick-ass' warrior robot. At least try and give the guy some humble, physical nods that hint at his 'runt of the litter' character.

Of course, thanks to the wet fart of the movie version, Bumblebee is now a full on fightin', shootin' soldier. How DULL.

The head is nice though...
'I hope he shoots unicorns out of his butt and has glitter pew pew laser guns on his pelvis. Also he should have a beam that turns everybody into Elvis then he can lift the whole planet with one finger and fart a parallel universe. I mean come on, it's a movie about giant robots, why can't he do all that?' - Mister Gone
DeathsHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
Under your rolls of fat
The rear windshield is a nightmare trying to slide back together for vehicle mode. I haven't been to get them completely together.
RatTrap1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #9
CodeXCDM's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 5
Truth be told... I'd get a Renderform kit and repurpose him as another of the mini-bot redecos of Cliff/Bee from the G1 days.

Perfectly fine with my RTS Bee as Bumblebee... (Not going out of my way to get the original Classics Deco most likely... and no way am I paying like 80-100 for that KO reshell by Art Feather.)

Kind of wished they could've at least made that silly back kibble functional as a shield. Seems silly, but honestly it would be better than having a giant chunk of plastic eyesore that is hard to avoid getting out of shots. >_>

CodeXCDM's Feeback Thread | Horatio Devastator!!! | Best/Amusing Forum Sigs
***SALE: CHUG, TFCC, Arms Micron, PCC, and More! Prices at/below retail! ***
CodeXCDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #10
Uni-con
Location: Cybertron....come on, you really think I'm gonna spew that info around? Okay, okay....Tatooine.
Collection Count: Many and much more to come!
News Credits: 4
Wow, I have to admit, I'm not a huge Bumblebee fan, but this figure looks spectacular. Can't wait to get mine.

PSN ID: DarthCyclonuS
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkion-exchange-feedback/955097-cyclonus_zero.html
CyclonuS_ZerO is offline   Reply With Quote