Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

TFW2005 Coverage Of Hasbro Presentation At Barclays Conference

Reply Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
Movie News Monster

Collection Count: 7
News Credits: 45
TFW2005 Coverage Of Hasbro Presentation At Barclays Conference

News Post: TFW2005 Coverage Of Hasbro Presentation At Barclays Conference
SilverOptimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
Banned
News Credits: 7
The China news is not suprising. There was already news that China is getting there very own series (and most likely toy line) in 2014 that will run while the US has their very own show and toyline.

The world has changed and the global market is now as important as the US market. (this tred is easily seen in the film industry but this is basically the same thing, entertainment) Countries like China are gainign a middle class which means a whole new bunch (millions and millions) of peopel with extra dough to spend.

Hasbro, I wish you the best of luck. You have made it possible for me to grow up on G1 84 and then went solid with zero breaks since I came back in 95 (BW). Not many brands can say that and I look forward to the next 30 years
Transbot90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
Dr. Zaius, Dr. Zaius!
News Credits: 3

That's a pretty interesting graph there.

I'm curious as to where this China push will lead to. Will it affect other markets? i.e. will there be a flood of Chinese characters released here, too, or will they be "Western-ized" or even flat-out ignored?
Noideaforaname is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #4
TFW2005 Supporter
Zildjian's Ebay Auctions
The reason their US market sales have dropped dramatically is that their distribution, sustainability,and diversity is horrible. When they release the same characters over and over and over again not only in transformers but all of the lines the toys stagnate. Children need to be presented with many different options that will continue to peak their interest. They need to have bad guys that the good guys can fight.... For some reason certain people in Hasbro don't understand this concept they think kids want the same figure over and over and over again in different decoration. Look at the most recent Spiderman and Ironman figures. There are some people within Hasbro that identify this issue and have voiced their concerns to the higher-ups however they are frequently ignored and/or shot down. I really don't see good things for the US market from Hasbro in the future. We will become the second and third look as China and other European countries continue to grow.

Zildjian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #5
I'm an agile cat.
Collection Count: Shrek is life.
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zildjian View Post
The reason their US market sales have dropped dramatically is that their distribution, sustainability,and diversity is horrible. When they release the same characters over and over and over again not only in transformers but all of the lines the toys stagnate.
I'd like to point out that the little revenue chart kind of says otherwise.

It's seems that only in these recent years of multiple toys for one characters is revenue up, and 2010 which featured the most diverse selection of good guys and bad guys seems to be one of the weaker years.

''Brevity is the soul of wit.'' - Bill Shakesguy
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #6
TFW2005 Supporter
Zildjian's Ebay Auctions
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
I'd like to point out that the little revenue chart kind of says otherwise.

It's seems that only in these recent years of multiple toys for one characters is revenue up, and 2010 which featured the most diverse selection of good guys and bad guys seems to be one of the weaker years.
Um..... taken DIRECTLY from the Hasbro presentation above:

Quote:
Market Growth has dropped for US and Canada markets but emerging markets overseas.

Zildjian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #7
Comic Ink - Dublin, CA
Dragonclaw's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 1 collection :p
News Credits: 5
GAH! Again they show off the logo for MICRONAUTS as a new brand...they've been showing it as "new" for 3 years now without showing us anything else besides the logo and NY Comicon teaser comic a couple years back...freaking DO SOMETHING with the property allready!
BUY YOUR DIGITAL COMICS FROM A FELLOW FAN AT COMIC INK http://www.digitalcomicsreader.com/comicink
Dragonclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #8
Intergalactic SUV
With the announcement a couple weeks back of the Transformers 4 actor search/reality show competition in China, it was obvious that a significant impetus for this was Hasbro's marketing machine expanding it's involvement further into the enormously lucrative emerging Chinese market.

and now, here are some stats that support their solid business decision.
My Junkion Feedback

My Latest Sales!
JetBrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #9
Mini-Con
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zildjian View Post
Um..... taken DIRECTLY from the Hasbro presentation above:
2011 was a movie year, meaning that growth was BOUND to fall in 2012. Had G.I. Joe: Retaliation not been moved to this year I doubt we would have seen a fall in growth. For Transformers as a standalone the graphs we saw at NYCC (iirc) showed that the Prime lines sales in 2012 were still at least 3 times that of the pre-movie lines. So, y'know, they're still making money hand-over-fist.

EDIT: My bad, it was this years New York Toy Fair, not NYCC! Stupid tired brain!
R_Death_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #10
Autobot
Just curious to know what this means from when the next movie hits .will their be a lack of tfs in the US markets supporting the movie?
Transfan76 is offline   Reply With Quote