Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

TFW Beast Hunters Ripclaw Gallery

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
The British Butcher
Feel the Fury of the British Butcher!

Collection Count: And Encore Maximus completes G1
News Credits: 3
Send a message via AIM to Sol Fury
TFW Beast Hunters Ripclaw Gallery

It's time for a new Transformers toy gallery for you. In keeping with the impending return of Transformers Prime to our televisions with the premiere of Beast Hunters later this month, we have a look at another one of the Predacons for you. She's a lean, draconic Autobot hunting machine and her name is Ripclaw!

Beast Hunters Ripclaw is one of those "love or hate" toys, I feel. Her design is excellent, with nice detail on the wings and a brilliant shape to both modes that gives her a unique silhouette. Her weapon is a "syphon claw", in the style of a Spark Extractor from Beast Machines, and it is kind of cool, as the claws lock open and only snap shut when a button in the middle of the claw is pressed. The bad, though, is that Ripclaw is a bit lacking in the articulation department. She's got nice movement in the legs, but no bicep swivels, and her head is mostly limited to looking up and down, thanks to her collar in robot mode.

Ripclaw's other main feature is her tail, which features a rubberized core. It can be locked into a C-shape or left unlocked to give it a little free movement. It is possible with this feature to put Ripclaw in some cool poses mimicking Ser-Ket from the Rage of the Dinobots miniseries, who shares Ripclaw's design. However, weight can become an issue with the tail in robot mode, making Ripclaw's legs occasionally give way.

All in all though, Ripclaw is a fun toy with a very nice design. She's not for everyone, but what she does, she does well.

Check out the gallery by opening the link below:

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ripclaw

Beast Hunters Ripclaw Robot Mode

Beast Hunters Ripclaw Robot Mode

Beast Hunters Ripclaw Dragon Mode

Beast Hunters Ripclaw Dragon Mode

As Ser-Ket in Rage of the Dinobots uses a sword in her fight with Grimlock, I gave Ripclaw one of the Renderform swords. I think she looks good with it, don't you agree?

The ladies of Transformers Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Halberd
Sol Fury can be likened to a German clock. A very exact, complex, and tightly-wound precision instrument that occasionally goes cuckoo.
Sol Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
The Almost-Completionist
orangeitis's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 500+, including Minicons
Send a message via Yahoo to orangeitis
Ugh, Arcee is still far too tall...

On-topic: Just got Ripclaw last week, and she's my favorite of the BH line so far! Very good in both molds with a very very appropriate gimmick. The only thing I don't like is the lack of bicep swivels and limited head(s) movement. But those I can look past. Looking forward to a Ser-Ket repaint!
Yo TF mamma! - A thread collection of TF-themed 'yo mamma' insults
orangeitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
Mister Chef
Collection Count: More than you own
This whole time I thought Ripclaw was a male character...
Do not hotlink images -2005 staff
Mister Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
Banned
What a sexy beast. :3
Moonlight1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #5
Junkion
Leemaster777's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Over 100
I really like this figure, and I can even forgive the lack of arm posability... but I HATE those yellow splotches all in her plastic. On my figure, it ends up just making her look dirty all the time.

Barring that, I think she's a totally awesome dragonformer. And, if I'm not mistaken, she's the first new female beastformer character we've had since Beast Wars.
My Feedback: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...master777.html
Leemaster777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #6
The Almost-Completionist
orangeitis's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 500+, including Minicons
Send a message via Yahoo to orangeitis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leemaster777 View Post
but I HATE those yellow splotches all in her plastic.
It's just Hasbro covering up someone accidentally spilling mustard in the molds. "No seriously guys! It's part of the line-wide aesthetic!"
Yo TF mamma! - A thread collection of TF-themed 'yo mamma' insults
orangeitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #7
Ruiner of mirth
Collection Count: 32
Send a message via AIM to CapnScumbone
Just got her an hour ago, can't put the thing down. Worlds better than leader predaking, who falls apart during normal transformation.
CapnScumbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #8
Banned
Location: Trapped in my basement from all my transformers and GI joes
Collection Count: Enough to make it deadly to go in my basement
Yea looks pretty good.
Wanna pick this guy up
Superwheeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #9
I'm an agile cat.
Collection Count: Shrek is life.
News Credits: 1
Words cannot describe how happy I am with the Beast Hunters colour schemes. I am so sick of the same one-colour toys with muted or generic colours that we've had since forever. I almost want to grab all the beasts just because they're so vibrant and unique.

Ripclaw looks awesome. If deluxes weren't $17 here I'd pick both her and Laserback up based on deco alone. I only wish there was better alt mode variety. That's Prime's biggest letdown. They're all cars, trucks or jets, and now the Preds are all generic dragons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScumbone View Post
Just got her an hour ago, can't put the thing down. Worlds better than leader predaking, who falls apart during normal transformation.
Leader Predaking isn't out, man. You mean Voyager.

Leader (or Ultimate I believe is the official name) is huge and mostly black, wheras the Voyager is more an even mix of black and orange, and smaller. The voyager also has dragon-head missile launchers.

''Brevity is the soul of wit.'' - Bill Shakesguy
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #10
Filipinooooooooooooo
Collection Count: 36 figures. I need more!
News Credits: 2
Hard to believe this is a she

PSN: pcjordan23FL
YouTube: pcjordan23
PcPrime23 is offline   Reply With Quote