Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Bot Shots Series 2 Wave 2 Spotted!

Reply Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2013, 04:46 AM   #1
Vehicon
News Credits: 2
Bot Shots Series 2 Wave 2 Spotted!

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know the next set of Bot Shot singles are out.

As you can see from the back of the package, this wave has a Jump Shot Cybertron-based Optimus, Flip Shot of ANOTHER Brawl... Jump Shot Super Bot Cliffjumper, and Spin Shot Scourge. You know, the Dinobot-head guy. Although his alt mode is pretty interesting and cements the idea that they could do Beast Wars Bot Shots if they felt like it.

Only bought Optimus because he's Optimus and Cliffjumper because he's a Super Bot. Didn't buy the rest because Brawl and not Dinobot. Here are the stats.

Optimus: (First time I've seen a Bot Shot with a pretty even spread across the symbols)
Fist-515
Blaster-625
Sword-475

Cliffjumper:
Fist-960
Blaster-430
Sword-225

Didn't see any new launchers or anything else with them. If you'd like clearer pictures, let me know.
Maximal Dinobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:13 AM   #2
It's a Dinobot year.
Collection Count: More than a few by a bunch
Hard to be sure from the photo - is that the Cliffjumper with a head that actually looks like Cliffjumper and not red Bumblebee?

Kinda wish it wasn't crystal-fied, but whuyyagunnado.
Feralstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:27 AM   #3
Combat Hero
JukeOutlander's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Decent amount.
News Credits: 12
Send a message via Yahoo to JukeOutlander
It's Transformers Cybertron Optimus Prime! Haha, pretty cool!
JukeOutlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
The British Butcher
Feel the Fury of the British Butcher!

Collection Count: And Encore Maximus completes G1
News Credits: 3
Send a message via AIM to Sol Fury
Where'd you find these dude?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Halberd
Sol Fury can be likened to a German clock. A very exact, complex, and tightly-wound precision instrument that occasionally goes cuckoo.
Sol Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
Johnny 3 Tears
Collection Count: Pith root of four.
News Credits: 15
Send a message via AIM to Dinobot Nuva Send a message via MSN to Dinobot Nuva Send a message via Yahoo to Dinobot Nuva Send a message via Skype™ to Dinobot Nuva
Ugh I wish Walky had never said anything about this guy looking like Dinobot (though I get it because I thought the original Scourge's head kinda looked like Dinobot). Just like that Prime, and the Dirt Boss we got, its totally meant to be an homage to Cybertron Scourge, because there's even a Cryo Scourge looking repaint coming out too:

The single version is deco'd up like Beast Hunters Predaking, but the three pack repaint coming out later with Blitzwing and Kup is colored just like the original Scourge figures from '06:

All that being said, its obvious whoever's responsible for Bot Shots series 2 really loves them some Cybertron homages.

Undead Army Social Group//Twitter
Dinobot Nuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #6
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: 450
News Credits: 42
I love these guys, but wish they wouldn't keep remaking the same characters. I don't think we really need another Brawl and a second cliffjumper. Who am I kidding I'll buy them all anyway.
Hollywood Hoist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #7
yeeyee
Collection Count: one thing i said that i would never do
another brawl? seriously?
Fallout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #8
Attack Buffalo
Collection Count: 810
News Credits: 19
GALAXY CONVOY.

Id id not expect him to be out so soon. I will start hunting immediately.
Here's a list of stuff I'm looking for!

Help keep Transformers Animated alive! Preorder Bluster & Trench today, exclusively at Planet Steel Express by clicking this banner!
Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #9
Vehicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralstorm View Post
Hard to be sure from the photo - is that the Cliffjumper with a head that actually looks like Cliffjumper and not red Bumblebee?

Kinda wish it wasn't crystal-fied, but whuyyagunnado.
I couldn't tell you. I can for the most part pass on most of the 2013s so I don't have a new Bumblebee. Took a new picture for the first post though so see if that helps. Have no idea why they rotated my Optimus picture...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Fury View Post
Where'd you find these dude?
Sorry, Toysrus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinobot Nuva View Post
The single version is deco'd up like Beast Hunters Predaking, but the three pack repaint coming out later with Blitzwing and Kup is colored just like the original Scourge figures from '06:

All that being said, its obvious whoever's responsible for Bot Shots series 2 really loves them some Cybertron homages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hoist View Post
I love these guys, but wish they wouldn't keep remaking the same characters. I don't think we really need another Brawl and a second cliffjumper. Who am I kidding I'll buy them all anyway.
Oh no... is Blitzwing a Brawl repaint? I wasn't even aware that they showed three Scourges at Toy Fair. There's three known Shockwaves for this year too. We're two months into the year and three Bumblebees are already on shelves. This is getting ridiculous. Someone's gotta stop these guys... but not before the Beast Wars guy gets in on development.

I'm getting really selective on buying the newer Bot Shots. Could've sprinkled in the gimmick ones while still doing new molds for the 2012 style. I only wish they'd make a clear Ghost Starscream because it's a repaint that makes sense and I'm tired of seeker repaints for this line.

Really hope they make Wheeljack and Soundwave as non-Spin Shots. At least those two can't have a mouth or goofy expressions.
Maximal Dinobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #10
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: I lost count
News Credits: 6
I saw those last night at my TRU too in Rockford IL. Didn't take any pics, cause I dont pay attention to the botshots, so I didn't know they were new.
Follow me on twitter! @tacomaprime
Check out my youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/MrTacomaPrime

Feedback
TFW EBAY
TacomaPrime is offline   Reply With Quote