Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Hasbro Australia Confirms MP Soundwave & Acidstorm

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #101
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: 217
News Credits: 1
Fuuuuuuck. How am I supposed to resist Acid Storm?
Astronut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #102
News Credits: 10
I'm hoping they give Acidstorm a deco as interesting as Sunstorm's!
My feedback
Robogeek28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #103
Kaon Gladiator Champion
Collection Count: OF BODIES? I destroy ALL who oppose me!
How does Acid Storm fit in the whole MP monicker? I mean, shit, he is a sub sub sub sub sub sub sub sub sub character at best.
Alucard77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #104
Arizonacon™ - Mattalhawk™

Collection Count: > 1,000
News Credits: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard77 View Post
How does Acid Storm fit in the whole MP monicker? I mean, shit, he is a sub sub sub sub sub sub sub sub sub character at best.
He's always a re-deco.

The G1 Journey's Latest Article: G1 Gears

StayingInTheBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:38 AM   #105
Mostly Harmless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard77 View Post
Just like Tigertrack then.
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #106
Decepticon Air Force
MP Acid Storm? Really odd choice, if true. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I wasn't planning on getting MP Sunstorm since he's not an officially named character in the show but the possibility of an MP Acid Storm makes it more tempting to pick them both up and display them next to FT-03 Quakewave so Shockwave can have (2 of 3 of) his Rainmaker troops.

TRU MP Soundwave sounds cool though I don't plan on picking him up since I already bought the Takara version and will save my money for the inevitable Soundblaster repaint (most likely with Ratbat, I surmise, for cassette completionist's sake).

Join the DAF! Fly, fight, and face plant!
Timesynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:46 AM   #107
Land Downunder
News Credits: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by guard convoy View Post
or you know, we already have a discussion thread for this topic where I did read the post, I'm suprised this one hasn't been merged with the other thread

Soundwave will happen, I have no doubt about it, but I find it insanely hard to believe this is 100% concrete proof, from a simple email to hasbro, not doubting its possibly true, but I'm still remaining skeptical until we got more solid evidence, especially from a market that is known to have the actual takaratomy masterpiece releases put on the shelves
This wasn't from the email from Hasbro. It was from ToysRUs, who verified the original info from Hasbro, and gave me a lot more extra info.
Read my post in that topic you were referring to (post #41 - First clue for an Hasbro MP Soundwave ?), which was posted up before this topic was started.
That post clearly states specific details (nothing vague or guessed), with links back to the Australian fan-site, which mentions that the info is from ToysRUs (giving us two separate sources saying the same thing).
I posted up the important details on this site, and gave links to the source for anyone wanting to know more.

ToysRUs gave me information that was too precise to be guesswork (describing the box for Soundwave, and saying it is a green jet by the name of Acid Storm).
It isn't April 1st today, so there was no need for me to make it up... and those details have not been speculated before, so aren't just copying someone else's ideas or guesses.
I have more news credits than you, and most people here, which should give me some credit of reliability.
Plus, I'm the Administrator of a Transformers Fan community that is older than TFW2005 and Seibertron... would you accuse the Admins of this site of "grain of salt" reliability if they posted a new item?

Look at my post history, and the things I post about here.
I don't post here much, so when I do, it is usually for important news & info items, so that the details aren't lost in translation from someone else rambling on excitedly about something they saw on a non-American fan-site.
I don't do it for the attention, as this is the only Global fansite I post news items to now... I do it to give some reliability/authenticity to the news items that fans read here, that was just copied from another site. Because we are all Transformers Fan-sites that utilise each other's sites to propagate the information/news to as many fans as possible.

I may well be an unknown nobody here, making it difficult for people here to easily believe something new and interesting.... but please check the history of the source before claiming that they aren't a reliable source of information.
griffin-of-oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:47 AM   #108
Kaon Gladiator Champion
Collection Count: OF BODIES? I destroy ALL who oppose me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayingInTheBox View Post
He's always a re-deco.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
Just like Tigertrack then.
Yeah, I guess so, but man, they are stretching these. Good for the seeker lovers out there. But I just don't know if they will sell in the expected volumes.

What's next the purple seekers so people can army build. LOL.
Alucard77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #109
Technobot
Spyne98's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: More than I can count
Interesting. Here's hoping they come to the US
FEEDBACK THREAD
Sale Thread
Want List
Spyne98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:49 AM   #110
Decepticon
theyangman's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: More than my wife wants me to have....
That makes some sense, but no sense at the same time for acid storm

It would be a cheap way to pump out another MP without having to do much fiddling other than a repaint as Hasbro has already released 3 seekers, skywarp, thundercracker, and starscream, and acid storm would be an easy 4th to go with. Ramjet, Dirge and Thrust would all require completely different wing structures.

Gross thing would be is Acid storm does come out, isn't it almost inevitable that they also do Sunstorm as well and squeeze every freaking penny out of that same mold?

however, he is such a useless minor character who doesn't deserve a MP release above some much more important characters. Don't get me wrong, I would buy it but as a collector but as a casual buyer, I hardly think it will sell. Thundercracker was available all over the place long after his release, skywarp sold decently well and wasn't too hard to track down, Prime was gone same day and you pretty much had to know someone at TRU to get one set aside for you. Acid storm would be even worse than thundercracker IMO.
theyangman is offline   Reply With Quote