Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

TakaraTomy Combaticon Photo Galleries

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #11
Bacala=Jobs Gouki=Wozniak
Shin-Gouki's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Selling to keep a roof over my kids heads :(
News Credits: 7
Send a message via AIM to Shin-Gouki Send a message via MSN to Shin-Gouki
At least Takara still knows how to paint. Something that Hasbro has forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Spamsalot View Post
This just in, Shin Gouki is my hero.
Shin's Final Pieces of his Collection to keep a roof over my kids heads and pay medical bills sale
Shin-Gouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #12
Banned
Collection Count: Container Load!
News Credits: 2
Want
[Wing_Saber-X] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #13
If it wasn't for the fact these'd probably cost twice as much as the SDCC ones, it'd get these. Although I still wish they'd make Blast Off darker so he'd stand out from Swindle and vehicle mode Votex.
soundwaverulls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #14
Dinobot
Collection Count: 1000's
News Credits: 12
Man FOC Bruticus is just begging for a 3P company to come in and give it additional parts to make the combine mode more pleasing and balance. Because no matter how you fan mode it, it still looks like shit compare to the video game model.
Jigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #15
Banned
Collection Count: Lost count after Bruticus
Damn it, Takara! Stop making things I want with money I don't have! Over all, looks awesome, but glad I have my G2 Bruticus!
HiHarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #16
bionic hero
Collection Count: 2 optimus prime toys and primus
Send a message via Yahoo to daitarn red
takara tomy make best head masters too
daitarn red
daitarn red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #17
Necrobot
Collection Count: They have their own room with a lock on it
So.... Beautiful. Cant wait to get mine. Still wish that Vortex was G1 colored though. I've thought about taking components from both the US release and the G2 version to make a more acurate one. Some paint removal and aplication needed of course.

Come see my other kit bashes at http://necro-ambrosiaster.deviantart.com/
Necro Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #18
aka brickonator
News Credits: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Girl Pants
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave3k View Post
Man, these pictures make it even more apparent that the worst release by far is the domestic US main line release. The United versions look much better, but there are much nicer things out there asking for my monies.
I'd argue SDCC is worst because it tries for the same thing as the Takara, but does it worse. At least Hasbro retail does it's Energon homage well. To each his own though.

Also, anyone notice this guy has his G2 and Hasbro Retail Vortexes swapped in every pic?
- Twitter - Feedback -
Girl Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:11 AM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl Pants View Post
I'd argue SDCC is worst because it tries for the same thing as the Takara, but does it worse. At least Hasbro retail does it's Energon homage well. To each his own though.

Also, anyone notice this guy has his G2 and Hasbro Retail Vortexes swapped in every pic?
I thought so. Maybe he thinks they go with each other's teams better than their own?
soundwaverulls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:38 AM   #20
Decepticon
I wish i could fuze both sets into one. Cause bothe sets have things i like. I have the sdcc set, and i like it, but I think all the purple glowing parts on all the takara figures, are much better. To me thats one of the biggest things for the cybertron game look, the glowing lines. So i like the figure with the best lines.

But on the other hand I like the dull color scheme on the sdcc set over the metallic takara set. That just seems more FOC-y to me.

I really love the Takara Blast off! I think he's a million times better than SDCC one, wich i thought thae paint was the weakest on. I also like swindle, i really like how they did the tires. I might swap him out with the sdcc set, but i do realy like the sdcc one. Swindle was my favorite figure in the bruticus set.

I did want a second version of bruticus to display combined. So i have a feeling i will probably eventually get that takara set. I will probably display all the best figures in the single bot forms. and maybe a hodge podge for the combined mode.

RayH is offline   Reply With Quote