Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Jack Reynor Officially in TF4

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #161
Multi-Media-Masta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easterling Capt View Post

**Yes ppl are aloowed to have opinions, but opinions is one thing..to just post hate after hate after hate with no substanse in what they post except hate is really really sad. ****
Ok so 1 mediocre movie with 2 terrible sequels is no "substance".

You know you would be right to say people complaining about Bay with no warrant if this was the first movie... this will be the 4th.

Nothing indicates that bay will change his style of low substance/high octane action movies.
http://www.mindchamber.net/
MindChamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #162
Autobot
News Credits: 3
do not blame michael bay.
hasbro, paramount and dreamworks are the real responsible.
tokuformers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #163
Multi-Media-Masta
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuformers View Post
do not blame michael bay.
hasbro, paramount and dreamworks are the real responsible.
how about all the substandard movies Bay has made before Transformers, is hasbro and dreamworks responsible for that too?
Old 01-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #164
Some Guy
Well, you can blame them for not imposing more restraint on him - presumably they see all the money and get distracted - but that wouldn't be a problem if they'd hired someone with different sensibilities to begin with.
Pcm979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #165
Autobot
Transformers is a property of hasbro.
dreamworks (spielberg) are paramount and funders of the project.
Bay is the director who has power over the franchise more than hasbro, paramount and dreamworks?
tokuformers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #166
Multi-Media-Masta
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuformers View Post
Transformers is a property of hasbro.
dreamworks (spielberg) are paramount and funders of the project.
Bay is the director who has power over the franchise more than hasbro, paramount and dreamworks?
He has the power to make a good movie. Transformers will make money regardless of who directs, but Hasbro is not willing to say no to Bay because of that money. SO yeah, he has more power over the movie franchise.

He also has the power to make a great movie, if he'd simply take more looks at scripts the have real story and gravatas. He has a chance to make the next ET, if he wanted to, but instead he surrounds himself with terrible writers that stroke his fetish for the nonsensical fantasy action, with no story.

With the right script, and a higher dose of his ADD medicine he definitely has a chance to be the next (80s) Spielberg. But hes a one trick pony that refuses to challenge himself as a Director and a storyteller. He makes popculture junk and aside from cinematography, his movies will never be shown in film class, and his stories will never become classics.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #167
I am Vern Schillinger
Easterling Capt's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Not to many
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindChamber View Post
Ok so 1 mediocre movie with 2 terrible sequels is no "substance".

You know you would be right to say people complaining about Bay with no warrant if this was the first movie... this will be the 4th.

Nothing indicates that bay will change his style of low substance/high octane action movies.
Thats your opinion..other might like all 3 of them, some like 1 and 2, another 2 and 3.. And thats fine, we all like diffrent things that is not the point but statements like yours make it seem ita definitiv that the movies suck but that is still just your opinion.

the point is when a user post nothing more then this.

" I hate bay, the movie sucks arse I will never see them. "
" I saw 2 minitues then I was remided it was Bay and left the theater"

these are the posters that gets anyoing that gives absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Or when you discuss a mather of the movies and a poster comes in..." its crap because its bay" and then post nothings more.
Oz - one of the greatest shows made. To all those actors that made that show possible. Thx
Easterling Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #168
Multi-Media-Masta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easterling Capt View Post
Thats your opinion..other might like all 3 of them, some like 1 and 2, another 2 and 3.. And thats fine, we all like diffrent things that is not the point but statements like yours make it seem ita definitiv that the movies suck but that is still just your opinion.

the point is when a user post nothing more then this.

" I hate bay, the movie sucks arse I will never see them. "
" I saw 2 minitues then I was remided it was Bay and left the theater"

these are the posters that gets anyoing that gives absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Or when you discuss a mather of the movies and a poster comes in..." its crap because its bay" and then post nothings more.

doesnt matter what I say anyways. I could breakdown point for point how all 3 movies failed as storytelling mediums, and I could just as easily be shut down as a hater. I'll just stop responding to these posts.

I just feel if Bay had any class, or self respect what so ever, he'd stand down and give another director a chance to breath new life into these characters.
but he doesnt, and it wont happen.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #169
Stunticon
[QUOTE=QLRformer;8800851New trilogy, old robots. Not sounding too bad, as long as they can rectify the "goofs" from the earlier two films.[/QUOTE]

They Can`t. Im sticking my neck out here, but I know they can`t, HE can`t!
Livingdeaddan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #170
Autobot Leader
Collection Count: 2
News Credits: 6
bay to do 6 movies

[Links are hidden for guests. Please Register.]
optimusprime42 is offline   Reply With Quote