Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

TF4 Back to Film in Chicago?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #21
Prepare for termination!
News Credits: 1
TFA Sari transplanted into Bayverse would be kinda neat, depending on how they execute the idea. Would give a pretty darn good reason for the main human character to be the supposed female teen in TF4 and to involve her in the Cybertronian war. That and I never liked how they just introduced Pretender Alice in ROTF and then we never hear about what was the deal with her (a Con masquerading as a human) ever again.

Soundwave I hope returns in some form. Maybe he backed up his consciousness in that orbitting satellite he hacked into back in ROTF, or perhaps another (unseen) minion (like Ratbat) that survived the battle of Chicago.
Timesynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #22
Hydracon Deputy Director
Collection Count: 24
News Credits: 40
I hope if they film there it'll last through June. I was planning on maybe taking a trip up to Chicago this summer. Although I wish they'd have the battle in Miami. It's closer lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergonWaffles View Post
Claiming movie preferences dictate intelligence says a whole lot more about the person making the claim than it does about the people they're trying to insult.
YOUTUBE http://www.youtube.com/marlinfan1995
MV95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #23
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: Over 1000
News Credits: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deceptigtar View Post
YES!

Again, Botcon better come to Chicago then!
I agree! It would make sense, but when does the club do anything that does! Botcon a couple weeks before SDCC, retarded!
My Gameroom with Custom Cases
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...tom-cases.html
Jason Blue Boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #24
Maximal
News Credits: 4
The "Hasbro Script"

The "Hasbro Script" as Bay called it, had a few scenes in Chicago.
TheBigBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #25
Autobot
Collection Count: 9 and Revoltech Prime
This is an amazing city, will be one more reason to go there.
Russians are everywhere!
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
Russian fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #26
Decepticon
Collection Count: 400 something...
News Credits: 3
Hopefully it'll just be showing the aftermath of DOTM and not the movie fully taking place in Chicago.

Although I think it would be interesting to see the citizens and government coping with the fallout of the battle in Chicago.
hillyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #27
Hydracon Deputy Director
Collection Count: 24
News Credits: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillyard View Post
Although I think it would be interesting to see the citizens and government coping with the fallout of the battle in Chicago.
I have a feeling that'll be one of the main building blocks of the movie. Kind of like the aftermath scenes in The Avengers, but instead of 30 seconds, more like a good first quarter/half of the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergonWaffles View Post
Claiming movie preferences dictate intelligence says a whole lot more about the person making the claim than it does about the people they're trying to insult.
YOUTUBE http://www.youtube.com/marlinfan1995
MV95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #28
WITH NO SURVIVORS!
Collection Count: More than few but less than all of them
News Credits: 9
Send a message via AIM to Autovolt 127 Send a message via Skype™ to Autovolt 127
I like how it book ends....or well book continues (in this case). As it ended in Chicago back in Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
"Today we face the Decepticons that are at our door, and bring the fight to them! Today we are cancelling the age of extinction!"
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #29
autobot
Collection Count: 76 (30 cons, 46 bots)
I actually think this is a good idea since the movies rarely carry over baggage from one film to the next. 4 years later in a rebuilding Chicago in a world where it's common knowledge that there's an alien race of sentinent robot beings hiding out on the planet.

If they do it right, you could go with anti-transformer sentiment, cons making deals with other countries, rebuilding Chicago (which the Autobots will probably have to take some heat for even tho' they saved it and the planet) among other things.

I'd like to see if they play up Optimus having a heavy heart over all of the destruction DotM caused as there's a chance to show some feeling and consequences over it.

Not to mention I imagine the cons and more than a few Autobots (much like how in TF: Prime) aren't exactly happy with OPtimus destroying half of Cybertron.

Lots of angles to play with. Will they is the question.

I'm honestly leaning towards "they will" due to Kruger coming back to write.

*EDit* I say "they will" due to Orci and Kurtzman not being around again and so the tone will probably be closer to DotM and maybe 07.
Quote:
When you’re talking about aliens, robotic machines which disguise themselves as vehicles and animals, you start to make your peace with the idea that logical sense doesn’t have to be the be-all, end-all.
--Ehren Kruger

Quoted because of constantly being misquoted as not caring at all about story.
Shepard Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #30
Constructicon
News Credits: 2
Maybe after all the damage that Chicago received in DOTM it's going to take 4 years to clean up the mess! My wife and daughters were there in August but they said you couldn't tell the city was destroyed!
jaws is offline   Reply With Quote