Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

TF4 Back to Film in Chicago?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #11
Hydracon Spy
Collection Count: YIKES! How many can you collect in 7 years?
News Credits: 22
They will proabably film there, but its not gonna be like a whole month of filming with big scenes. Proabably just little areas and the scenes will proably be a dead Decepticon coming back alive.
fallen_revenge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #12
Telly-headed Tyrant
Collection Count: Probably more than my fair share
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakest123 View Post
I'm guessing they'll have a recap at the start of the film
Maybe they're doing flashbacks of the Chicago battle from the perspective of the new characters. There were probably many little stories of survival going on besides just the fights we saw highlighted in DotM. The new characters could've been there all along, getting involved in different ways that then inform their story in TF4.
Autobloke in everything but name.
Gingerchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #13
Emperor of Destruction
Master Zarak's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Several hundred
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deceptigtar View Post
YES!

Again, Botcon better come to Chicago then!
Only if there happens to be a Chicago in California. Otherwise, don't hold your breath...
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
Master Zarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #14
Protectobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerchris View Post
Maybe they're doing flashbacks of the Chicago battle from the perspective of the new characters. There were probably many little stories of survival going on besides just the fights we saw highlighted in DotM. The new characters could've been there all along, getting involved in different ways that then inform their story in TF4.
That would be pretty awesome. We didn't see how the Autobots were taken hostage, - we didn't see much of Soundwave at all, and I reckon Welker would be up for Soundwave's or Shockwave's voice again.
Or, as you said, new characters - more likely to be protoforms at that point, some of which must have escaped. There's no way in hell all of the Cons were killed.
Jakest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #15
Destroy
oh no.
KingStarscream9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #16
Telly-headed Tyrant
Collection Count: Probably more than my fair share
Quote:
new characters - more likely to be protoforms at that point, some of which must have escaped
I was thinking more of the new human characters. That Wahlberg's character might've been living in the city when the Decepticons attacked it. Since you've mentioned protoforms though, maybe he somehow ends up with a protoform and raises it as his own child when it tries to mimic a human baby while laying helpless in the rubble (perhaps his real child got killed in the attack). Would be a freaky twist if his teenaged daughter we've been following the whole movie is revealed later to actually be a Transformer Pretender. And she might not even know it because maybe the protoform had a damaged head from the city attack and forgot it was a Cybertronian. She's compelled to seek out Transformers even though her 'father' is always trying to dissuade her and that's how she eventually gets involved in the TF war.

It would certainly get around complaints of TF never being the main characters in their own movie and humans getting all the screentime. In this instance the main human character IS a Transformer.
Autobloke in everything but name.
Gingerchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #17
Seeker
News Credits: 3
Some flashbacks would make sense - probably what happened the night of the massacre, memories held by Wahlberg's character or something - that sort of thing wouldn't fade away with time.

Or maybe just a memorial scene to pay tribute to those humans who lost their lives in the war. Something like that.
QLRformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #18
Pan-Pacific Defense Corp
News Credits: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerchris View Post
I was thinking more of the new human characters. That Wahlberg's character might've been living in the city when the Decepticons attacked it. Since you've mentioned protoforms though, maybe he somehow ends up with a protoform and raises it as his own child when it tries to mimic a human baby while laying helpless in the rubble (perhaps his real child got killed in the attack). Would be a freaky twist if his teenaged daughter we've been following the whole movie is revealed later to actually be a Transformer Pretender. And she might not even know it because maybe the protoform had a damaged head from the city attack and forgot it was a Cybertronian. She's compelled to seek out Transformers even though her 'father' is always trying to dissuade her and that's how she eventually gets involved in the TF war.

It would certainly get around complaints of TF never being the main characters in their own movie. The main human character IS a Transformer.
So basically live-action version of Sari?

I'm okay with that.
Yggdrasil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #19
Omnibot
Dead

Quote:
we didn't see much of Soundwave at all.
I saw just enough of him right before Bumblebee blew his head clean off.
TheBigBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #20
TFW2005 Supporter
Collection Count: 203 and growing
News Credits: 5
I am sure they will recap, he does love that city so its not a horrible idea

my feedback: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...ck-thread.html
My collection check it out http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...-showcase.html
FMA1987 is offline   Reply With Quote