Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

MP16

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #101
Formerly NC Bulkhead
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredConvoy View Post
You guys that are worried about the worn paint on an early sample practically 3 full months before the figure's release are being pretty ridiculous.

I'm sure the majority of them will be fine.

Randy
Based on what? Takara does not have a good track record with quality control. I consider your blind faith pretty ridiculous.
Sludge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #102
Decepticon Air Force
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis20 View Post
Nothing a little metallic silver Sharpie (and Gundam marker clear coat sealant) can't fix. Sure it sucks having to possibly fix sloppy paint apps on a figure right out of the box but this is by no means a deal breaker for me.

Join the DAF! Fly, fight, and face plant!
Timesynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #103
Collection Count: 400+
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by process View Post
Better photos: [Links are hidden for guests. Please Register.]
I do think these figures look good but these clearer shots do show some terrible chest paint. Hope it's isolated.
Liege Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #104
The Reeled Robot
Collection Count: Always a couple less than I want
Send a message via Skype™ to SWAGE66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyarlahotep View Post
Paint looks bad, and at $30 a piece they should be magnificent. Is that clear orange cassette from the shattered glass soundwave/blaster set?

http://pic1.actoys.net/attachment/ph...fbb9d7f321.jpg

The orange KO cassette is a custom, "Firewall" - made by Custranz - Custranz custom transformers

Oddly enough, after looking through some old threads, his first post on here at tfw was met with some pretty extensive backlash, simply because he was new and didn't know the correct area to post. Looks like he hasn't bothered posting here since then, and that's why. My favorite is the comment about "like you made these yourself" - great trolling.

I own a handful of his customs, and have nothing but great things to say about his work, and him personally. Quite a treat to see one of his older figures featured with the new MP cassettes, which aside from the chest paint, look awesome.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...wage66-23.html

SWAGE66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #105
Velvet Sanchez
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatprime View Post
HLJ has the cassettes for $38 before shipping.. So it's not the $60 bad that everyone has been complaining about.

Edit - However the Paint on the chest is awful for a masterpiece..... Even at $40
Yeah but how much is shipping? $20-25?

[B]TFW2005 Feedback
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #106
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
Yeah but how much is shipping? $20-25?
Sal would probably be 10-12 but you could Private warehouse them and have 2 months of orders saved up
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/wanted...cc-zarana.html
hupla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #107
Prepare for extermination
Collection Count: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timesynch View Post
Nothing a little metallic silver Sharpie (and Gundam marker clear coat sealant) can't fix. Sure it sucks having to possibly fix sloppy paint apps on a figure right out of the box but this is by no means a deal breaker for me.
Your levelled reasoning hath no place here!! You should condemn the line in it's entirety based on a test shot 3 months before it is due......have sense man!

TigerBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #108
Randy of the Allspark
Collection Count: 5,000+
News Credits: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bulkhead View Post
Based on what? Takara does not have a good track record with quality control. I consider your blind faith pretty ridiculous.
I'm fairly certain they do have a good record of quality control. As someone who guys a LOT (and I mean a LOT) of stuff from them, I don't have issues too often.

Randy
PoweredConvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #109
Vinyl junkie.
Looks good.

As for the paint apps - look fine for small toys, and the meanest grasp of how the light is working in these shots will explain why the colour value of Frenzy's chest chrome differs from shot to shot. Hardly anything to get upset over.

Sadly, the default response to so much on these boards is now moaning and negative overreaction; it's rot that seemed to set in around the time of the Bay movies and the return to popularity of TFs, and it's just spread since then. It's a wonder now that people bother to post up anything for some of you miserable lot, frankly.

Cheers.
For sale:MP5 Megatron / THS02 Convoy / BT09 Swindle / PM me for details!
Rijie78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #110
Velvet Sanchez
Quote:
Originally Posted by hupla View Post
Sal would probably be 10-12 but you could Private warehouse them and have 2 months of orders saved up
Oh wow. Didn't know you could do that. It's been a whole since I've ordered from there.

[B]TFW2005 Feedback
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote