Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Beast Hunters Cyberverse <minor character spoiler> revealed

Reply Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #91
News Credits: 2
Thanks for sharing, just waiting for the rest of team Prime to show.
TFW10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #92
Will bite you!
Lion's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: A lot
Send a message via AIM to Lion
Just because a character gets a toy doesn't mean he will be in the show. Although its fairly obvious that certain characters will always be in the shows...Optimus, Bumblebee, Duke, Snake Eyes will (almost) certainly be included....And this toy looks pretty bad ass!!
"Let them fight."

Lions Feedback http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showth...highlight=lion
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #93
Collection Count: 45
News Credits: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySnorlax View Post
All of that is just fan mindset though. As far as I know Hasbro has never said "No larger Decepticons ever again." Autobots do sell better yes but that doesn't mean Decepticons don't sell at all.

Sentinel got a Leader in DOTM. He was for the most part a Decepticon and the films main villain. The Autobots might sell better but that doesn't mean Hasbro isn't ever going to release a larger sized Decepticon again. Predaking getting larger size class toy is proof that Hasbro isn't exactly giving up on larger villains. The voyager would have really been enough but they went above that. Getting a Decepticon, or rather a Megatron one to be specific, Weaponizer is not really out of the question. It never has been.
True, they never said no to any larger Decepticons ever again, but that's not what I said at all. It is true that they've used the "Autobots sell better" excuse before. DotM Sentinel, evil as he was, does NOT count as a Decepticon. His toys were marketed as an Autobot. Also, I'm not saying that it's impossible, just very unlikely, and like I said, Predaking is a special case, as he's apparently a very important element to season three's plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeFour View Post
...chill the hell out...
Might want to uhhh...take your own advice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post
Just because a character gets a toy doesn't mean he will be in the show. Although its fairly obvious that certain characters will always be in the shows...Optimus, Bumblebee, Duke, Snake Eyes will (almost) certainly be included....And this toy looks pretty bad ass!!
I would agree with you if this wasn't an entirely new mold. There is potential for this to be a toy-only redesign, but I doubt it is. It would help if we had a picture of his Beast Hunters Weaponizer. If it's also a new mold, than that would be enough confirmation for me to say he's still alive, but if it turns out to be a repaint, maybe even a slight retool...I would wonder why they bothered with the new design for the Commander figure at all...
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus major View Post
this man is a genius
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #94
Herald of Unicron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Hasbro's mantra for the past two or so years now has been that Autobots sell better. Which is why DotM didn't have any Leader Decepticons, and there hasn't been any Decepticon Weaponizers either. With three Autobots already listed for the Beast Hunters Weaponizers, I don't see any reason to believe this'll change. As for Predaking getting his own size class. He's supposed to have a rather large part in season three. So much so that he's apparently going to be on most, if not all, of the Beast Hunters packaging. Makes sense that Hasbro would make a uniquely sized figure for such an apparently important character.
I don't know if that is a mantra or not. Remember, it was at Toy Fair 2011 that someone asked why there were no Leader Decepticons for Dark of the Moon and Hasbro said good guys sell better.

But Sentinel Prime wasn't a good guy. And the Decepticons always seem to sell fine. I think Hasbro just said that to, you know, avoid revealing the spoiler that Sentinel Prime was a bad guy.
My Artwork on Deviant Art. You should totes follow me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sso02V View Post
You didn't know? Michael Bay is an ancient Babylonian goblin that creeps into peoples houses at night and rapes their childhood while they sleep.
Rogzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #95
Dancitron
bman29's Ebay Auctions
Location: I'm in your computer. Watching you. Put down the Twinkie.
Collection Count: Too many, just ask my wife.
Hmm, hard to tell what has changed with his alt mode from the pic. Whats with the Road warrior grill? Are they going for a more aggressive look for the characters to the point of them having a caveman look? I hope they don't adopt the Chunkimus prime look from the game or Energon Fatimus Prime.
bman29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #96
Herald of Unicron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasame View Post
As if anyone would believe Optimus could die just because of that rubble. He's at most only unconscious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonis Prime View Post
anyone thought that with the amount of damage that optimus would of recieved with the mountain falling on him, that he may get reformatted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoss View Post
see i knew he didn't die also the upgrade looks killer!!
A lot of people are overlooking Prime swinging his Star Saber downwards before the Nemesis' beam blew up the base. Why have him do that instead of just do the Titanic captain scene and stand there and accept his fate? The Star Saber was glowing too...I believe he managed to make a way to escape/get under the base before the mountain collapsed but his other arm was caught during the escape.

Prime is alive as much as Wheeljack is (who, let's face it, had a pretty obvious 'I'm still alive' 'death'). He'll probably show up mid-season/season finale. Remember, the Autobots are inhiding this season...Optimus probably scanned a new alt mode for that reason--that's how I see it anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman29 View Post
Hmm, hard to tell what has changed with his alt mode from the pic. Whats with the Road warrior grill? Are they going for a more aggressive look for the characters to the point of them having a caveman look? I hope they don't adopt the Chunkimus prime look from the game or Energon Fatimus Prime.
Saw Cybverse Commander Bulkhead? Looks like they're jsut throwing armor and heavy weapons onto the characters... and a crap ton of spikes. I'm all with you though, I liked the Prime in this series, I don't need ot see him boxed and fattened up like the previous versions...although something like RID would be okay I guess (he was big and had chunky parts, but was still sleek elsewhere)
Arashistorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #97
Attack Buffalo
Collection Count: 891
News Credits: 19
I'm guessing there's no weaponizer Megatron because they might not be able to get his design to work with the gimmick.
Here's a list of stuff I'm looking for!

Help keep Transformers Animated alive! Preorder Bluster & Trench today, exclusively at Planet Steel Express by clicking this banner!
Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #98
Autobot warrior
Collection Count: I have a lot just got a new Optimus from TP
This is what I am assuming too that he escaped and scanned a new vehicle mode
OptimussSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #99
WITH NO SURVIVORS!
Collection Count: More than few but less than all of them
News Credits: 9
Send a message via AIM to Autovolt 127 Send a message via Skype™ to Autovolt 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkysas View Post
I'm guessing there's no weaponizer Megatron because they might not be able to get his design to work with the gimmick.
^This.

I mean with the alien jet mode he has... could really see their actually be a working figure out of that? Because I don't.

However If Megatron got a new alt. mode i wouldn't object to having one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta777 View Post
"Today we face the Decepticons that are at our door, and bring the fight to them! Today we are cancelling the age of extinction!"
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #100
Loves Godzilla & Arcee.
Collection Count: Many so far
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
^This.

I mean with the alien jet mode he has... could really see their actually be a working figure out of that? Because I don't.

However If Megatron got a new alt. mode i wouldn't object to having one.
I'd love it if he took the alt mode of a black Stealth Bomber like in the IDW comics because his cybertronian mode does look to be a bomber plane of some sort.

Sig made by Noneatme. Arcee for Hall of Fame!
kaijuguy19 is offline   Reply With Quote