Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime will not be Wide Release! - TRU Exclusive

Reply Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2012, 12:48 AM   #161
PO-TA-TOES!!!
Galaxy Convoy's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 7,601
Location: Alabama
Collection Count: A lot
Quote:
Originally Posted by guard convoy View Post
i'm not trying to do that i'm just being dead serious, this thing is a steal for its price, if you call it too expensive why the fuck are you collecting transformers not everything is gonna cost the price of at $10 deluxe
Yeah, but some folks may have no problem affording mainline retail stuff like TFP, while $100 for a single toy is out their price range. Doesn't make them any less of a fan or collector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guard convoy View Post
$100 is a lot of money, yes, i am more aiming my complaint at those folks that are like "$100!?!!?!? HASBRO IS RIPPING US OFF, I WON'T BUY IT, IF IT WAS 50 BUCKS I'D OF BOUGHT IT", not the folks who legitly can't afford to spend $100 on it.
Thank you for clarifying that. And for the record I do think it's a reasonable price. Especially compared to the TakTomy version. It's just out of my price range.

But alternatively I would like to see Hasbro do a 2nd release of it later on, minus the trailer and all the accessories, except for his gun of course. And at around the same price point that Roddy and Grimlock were. I think that'd be fair for all parties.
This is the end for you!

Galaxy Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:31 AM   #162
"No Mas" My Wallet
grimlock1972's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 16,688
Location: Detroit Lakes, MN
Collection Count: 255
News Credits: 1
Regardless of whether or not it proves to be a wide release ( and now that I think of it has any MP figure released in the US been anything but an exclusive?) . I will be a buyer at $100, I missed out at the original us retail release of Mp Optimus prime MP-01 , I will not miss out on version 2 now.

3DSfriendcode : 0147-0004-7889
grimlock1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:00 AM   #163
MEXICON
starscream-99's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,868
Location: Lancaster, Ca
Collection Count: 250ish
News Credits: 2
YES! YES! YES!
starscream-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:10 AM   #164
Combaticon
jerminator's Avatar
jerminator's Ebay Auctions
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,323
Location: BFE a.k.a. Talladega, Alabama
Collection Count: Too many to count.
News Credits: 1
Wasn't the first US release of MP-01 a wide release? I can see them doing this with Prime, since he's the iconic figurehead of the series. At the price, it's a steal and I look forward to replacing my Hasbro MP Prime.

On another note, Starscream-99, well said. Daniel Bryan ftw.
sale feedback

Signature images are to be no larger than 40 KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide. Your sig was 209x209 40.19KB - 2005 Staff
jerminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:48 AM   #165
Herald of Unicron
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,044
News Credits: 2
It's just amazing to see how many CRIED for the better part of a DECADE for an Optimus that came with a trailer. Hasbro kept telling us that it just wasn't in the budget.

People either did without, or imported at no vaseline prices.

Now, the import is available, it's $250.00 and people want it and paw at the screen. Tell themselves "I can't afford it, I'll never have it." and just give up and move on.
Hasbro not only says "Hey, we're bringing you MP-10, but guess what?! We're giving him the trailer! And he's going to be less than half of the import price! Howzboutdemapples?"

...we're getting a $250.00 figure with accessory set for $100.00... ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS. It comes with the trailer that so many cried the better part of a decade away, for.

...and people respond with "Aw shit. A trailer? Really? They could've shaved $20.00 or more off if they didn't include it! Well, fuck it. I refuse to pay it. If only it was $20.00 less, seriously."

What the flying fuck? Are you people serious with this shit? $20.00 won't even buy most people a tank of gas, or even half a tank. We waste $20.00 doing random, pointless shit that gets us nowhere and does nothing for us. Yet, you're willing to pay EIGHTY, but not ONE HUNDRED? Twenty frigging measly dollars? Really? You will bitch over two $10s?

...this is one of the most ungrateful, whiny, shitty and disrespectful things I've ever heard. Hasbro bent over backwards to give it to us and we complain? Are you serious?

Rodimus fell apart, literally. It was fluctuating between $60-80.00 and people basically gobbled it up. This is a higher quality figure, with ALL import version accessories for $20 more.

...twenty more. Seriously, if you can say "I can do 80, but I just can't do $100.00", especially when you consider that TRU has LAYAWAY, then you need to go find a cheaper hobby, because folks...it ain't gonna get much cheaper than this.

And every time you pull this, Hasbro hears it and it screws the rest of us.
TFXProtector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:04 AM   #166
Victory Saber's Recruit
opt1musaber's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,067
Location: My bedroom, Australia
Collection Count: >200
News Credits: 2
You #$!@#$& realize that the Masterpiece line was done by Takara for the 'true' collectors market. The rest of you cheapass 'collectors' are even lucky to get a cheaper version. This IS a fucking steal at $100, what would happen if TRU or your Walmart had only imported the Takara version and there was NO Hasbro version. You'd be paying $300. Ye, too expensive now? I want to punch someone in the head


TFW Feedback
WANT: Hasbro-G1 Scorponok box + tray
opt1musaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:06 AM   #167
Banned
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,119
Location: I only live in obscure places for obscure people like myself
Collection Count: Just a few.
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFXProtector View Post
It's just amazing to see how many CRIED for the better part of a DECADE for an Optimus that came with a trailer. Hasbro kept telling us that it just wasn't in the budget.

People either did without, or imported at no vaseline prices.

Now, the import is available, it's $250.00 and people want it and paw at the screen. Tell themselves "I can't afford it, I'll never have it." and just give up and move on.
Hasbro not only says "Hey, we're bringing you MP-10, but guess what?! We're giving him the trailer! And he's going to be less than half of the import price! Howzboutdemapples?"

...we're getting a $250.00 figure with accessory set for $100.00... ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS. It comes with the trailer that so many cried the better part of a decade away, for.

...and people respond with "Aw shit. A trailer? Really? They could've shaved $20.00 or more off if they didn't include it! Well, fuck it. I refuse to pay it. If only it was $20.00 less, seriously."

What the flying fuck? Are you people serious with this shit? $20.00 won't even buy most people a tank of gas, or even half a tank. We waste $20.00 doing random, pointless shit that gets us nowhere and does nothing for us. Yet, you're willing to pay EIGHTY, but not ONE HUNDRED? Twenty frigging measly dollars? Really? You will bitch over two $10s?

...this is one of the most ungrateful, whiny, shitty and disrespectful things I've ever heard. Hasbro bent over backwards to give it to us and we complain? Are you serious?

Rodimus fell apart, literally. It was fluctuating between $60-80.00 and people basically gobbled it up. This is a higher quality figure, with ALL import version accessories for $20 more.

...twenty more. Seriously, if you can say "I can do 80, but I just can't do $100.00", especially when you consider that TRU has LAYAWAY, then you need to go find a cheaper hobby, because folks...it ain't gonna get much cheaper than this.

And every time you pull this, Hasbro hears it and it screws the rest of us.
Woooooord.
Sinnertwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:16 AM   #168
The Big Daddy
guard convoy's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 13,872
Location: Texas
Collection Count: 350
News Credits: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFXProtector View Post
It's just amazing to see how many CRIED for the better part of a DECADE for an Optimus that came with a trailer. Hasbro kept telling us that it just wasn't in the budget.

People either did without, or imported at no vaseline prices.

Now, the import is available, it's $250.00 and people want it and paw at the screen. Tell themselves "I can't afford it, I'll never have it." and just give up and move on.
Hasbro not only says "Hey, we're bringing you MP-10, but guess what?! We're giving him the trailer! And he's going to be less than half of the import price! Howzboutdemapples?"

...we're getting a $250.00 figure with accessory set for $100.00... ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS. It comes with the trailer that so many cried the better part of a decade away, for.

...and people respond with "Aw shit. A trailer? Really? They could've shaved $20.00 or more off if they didn't include it! Well, fuck it. I refuse to pay it. If only it was $20.00 less, seriously."

What the flying fuck? Are you people serious with this shit? $20.00 won't even buy most people a tank of gas, or even half a tank. We waste $20.00 doing random, pointless shit that gets us nowhere and does nothing for us. Yet, you're willing to pay EIGHTY, but not ONE HUNDRED? Twenty frigging measly dollars? Really? You will bitch over two $10s?

...this is one of the most ungrateful, whiny, shitty and disrespectful things I've ever heard. Hasbro bent over backwards to give it to us and we complain? Are you serious?

Rodimus fell apart, literally. It was fluctuating between $60-80.00 and people basically gobbled it up. This is a higher quality figure, with ALL import version accessories for $20 more.

...twenty more. Seriously, if you can say "I can do 80, but I just can't do $100.00", especially when you consider that TRU has LAYAWAY, then you need to go find a cheaper hobby, because folks...it ain't gonna get much cheaper than this.

And every time you pull this, Hasbro hears it and it screws the rest of us.
I fucking love you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_eyes1975 View Post
If we get married...think of the collection we would have bro...I mean..we ain't gotta fluid transfer...but think of the collection..
guard convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:46 AM   #169
It's pronounced "ribby"
Ribieconvoy's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,763
News Credits: 10
So, has anyone else emailed Hasbro about this yet? So far we've had one report saying it's exclusive and one report saying it's a wide release. I'd like to know before I get too excited about not having to use Toys 'R' Us's website

Quote:
Originally Posted by opt1musaber View Post
You #$!@#$& realize that the Masterpiece line was done by Takara for the 'true' collectors market. The rest of you cheap 'collectors' are even lucky to get a cheaper version. This IS a #$!@#$& steal at $100, what would happen if TRU or your Walmart had only imported the Takara version and there was NO Hasbro version. You'd be paying $300. Ye, too expensive now? I want to punch someone in the head
'True' collectors? Who says you're not a true collector because you don't want to shell out 250 bucks for a bunch of plastic? A lot of members here have houses, families, bills, and other expenses, and can't afford to drop 250 dollars on one item, or are putting it towards other expenses. Some members here are younger and may live with their parents and can't afford the Takara version. That doesn't make them any less of a collector. The spirit of being a collector and a fan of anything in general is just having fun, getting to know other collectors, and getting what you can. You're not cheap if you can't justify spending 250 bucks on a toy, as times are tough economically right now.

That's why this 100 dollar version is a godsend for us fans who can't afford/don't want to drop the dough on the Takara version, especially if it's released all over like this thread says may be possible. I can understand the frustration over people complaining over the trailer issue, as people complained the other way when it wasn't included, but calling people cheap because they think 250 dollars (an amount that could buy you something like a basic computer or a game console or two) is too expensive is a bit extreme, and certainly no reason to get upset.
Ribieconvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:06 AM   #170
Victory Saber's Recruit
opt1musaber's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,067
Location: My bedroom, Australia
Collection Count: >200
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribieconvoy View Post
So, has anyone else emailed Hasbro about this yet? So far we've had one report saying it's exclusive and one report saying it's a wide release. I'd like to know before I get too excited about not having to use Toys 'R' Us's website



'True' collectors? Who says you're not a true collector because you don't want to shell out 250 bucks for a bunch of plastic? A lot of members here have houses, families, bills, and other expenses, and can't afford to drop 250 dollars on one item, or are putting it towards other expenses. Some members here are younger and may live with their parents and can't afford the Takara version. That doesn't make them any less of a collector. The spirit of being a collector and a fan of anything in general is just having fun, getting to know other collectors, and getting what you can. You're not cheap if you can't justify spending 250 bucks on a toy, as times are tough economically right now.

That's why this 100 dollar version is a godsend for us fans who can't afford/don't want to drop the dough on the Takara version, especially if it's released all over like this thread says may be possible. I can understand the frustration over people complaining over the trailer issue, as people complained the other way when it wasn't included, but calling people cheap because they think 250 dollars (an amount that could buy you something like a basic computer or a game console or two) is too expensive is a bit extreme, and certainly no reason to get upset.
Like I said, the Masterpiece line was only for 'True' collectors INITIALLY. Basically, my point was that people are lucky to have the option of 2 versions now, they are actually getting the exact figure for substantially less and yet they still have the nerve of saying it's too expensive. GTFO! If you got a house, children & mortgage, this is the wrong time and hobby to be doing.

I never meant for it to come across that people are cheap, because they can't pay $250; however, they are gonna be called cheap when the exact same figure is offered at $100, that's for fuckin sure! That's why I'm mad


TFW Feedback
WANT: Hasbro-G1 Scorponok box + tray
opt1musaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Big Bad Toy Store