Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

BBTS Generations Bruticus Wave Preorders & Price Increase on Deluxes!!

Reply Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2012, 07:05 PM   #111
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: 217
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Mach1 View Post
I don't undertand why this type of discussion always turns this direction. WE KNOW. It sucks to import products. This thread isn't about that. It's merely reposting information posted by BBTS.

Please don't ever complain about the death of a particular line of toys.
Fixed that for you.
Astronut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #112
Former TF fan
News Credits: 26
I preordered the 5 Combaticons set. My area is slow with toys and stocking that I may never see them in retail.
Sideswipe80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #113
Self-Titled #1 Lugnut Fan
Collection Count: Probably around 400?
News Credits: 151
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno
Quote:
Originally Posted by madman1366 View Post
It's really too bad that American collectors and Canadian collectors can't do more to help each other out.

I've tried to make some contacts, but it seems everyone that contacts me is interested in big markups on the stuff. I won't pay ebay prices to someone if they can walk into a store and find 10 of what I'm looking for at retail price. That's not how I roll, and that's not something I've ever done when helping out other fans when they've needed the help.

If I get a good price, the person who I got it for gets the same price. All I ever ask in return is the same favor. If we can ever set up something, say a separate non-profit trading/selling section to help people not have to sift through all the various (for profit/higher collectors value) other sales threads, that might help a lot.
The problem with Canadian/American hookups is that it costs us a lot to ship anything your way, compared to what it costs you guys domestically.

Don't get me wrong - I've done a lot of middlemanning and receiving middlemanned stuff - but that can be a deterrent. I only really ship stuff south, I find, if there's something up here in demand and on sale, like when we had the glut of $10 FE Cliffjumpers or the $15 RTS Voyagers early last year.

(Mind, it still costs less to ship a deluxe to the US than to ship one IN OUR OWN COUNTRY. So go figure.)

Honestly though, I've found that Twitter can be pretty good for hookups. I know plenty of people who'll middleman stuff at low margins, and I've done the same. It just all comes down to timing, usually.
BT Toons - updates Tuesdays and Fridays.
Tekno Reviews: Watch Tekno and the Lugnut-tans review and rate toys!
General Tekno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #114
"The Bad Guy"
News Credits: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbff View Post

That is, unless the collector market really is big and Hasbro tries to pretend it isn't to get collectors to stop whining at them....
BINGO!

C'mon, collectors are equally as important.

Adult collectors account for roughly half of all action figure sales overall. That is documented.

Now Transformers has one of the biggest collectors followings of any toy franchise. So if the total average is 50% and Transformers has a better than average fandom...well, do the math!

BTW according to Hasbro it's 5%.
I don't think so.
madman1366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #115
News Credits: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbff View Post
Hey, Hasbro has said time and time again that the collector market is small chips compared to the kids market. So if collectors wait for clearance sales, I fail to see how that will affect the success or failure of a toyline.

That is, unless the collector market really is big and Hasbro tries to pretend it isn't to get collectors to stop whining at them....
I've been saying the same thing for the longest time.
My feedback
Robogeek28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #116
Herald of Unicron
charsdc2's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 300+
News Credits: 4
Smaller figures, higher prices! Good job Hasbro!
My Sales List! My Feedback! My Collection!
charsdc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #117
Herald of Unicron
Primal Sabbath's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Time to recount
Hm. Might as well just get the SDCC version of Bruticus. 10 bucks cheaper AND in game accurate colors? Sign me up for that one.
Primal Sabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #118
Self-Titled #1 Lugnut Fan
Collection Count: Probably around 400?
News Credits: 151
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno
Quote:
Originally Posted by madman1366 View Post
BINGO!

C'mon, collectors are equally as important.

Adult collectors account for roughly half of all action figure sales overall. That is documented.

Now Transformers has one of the biggest collectors followings of any toy franchise. So if the total average is 50% and Transformers has a better than average fandom...well, do the math!

BTW according to Hasbro it's 5%.
I don't think so.
Where are those numbers coming from? The "half of all action figure sales overall" bit seems high. And does that even include Transformers?

Even if it is, for that matter, keep in mind what the number one selling action figure toyline tends to be - Star Wars. Which actively caters to collectors by doing a ton of characters no kid would ever want. Seriously, what kid went "Awesome, they made a Daultay Dofine figure!" (Which was my reaction, for that matter. Me and probably a dozen other people, but still.)

Transformers as a line as always tried to go after the younger kids, not us. Whereas Star Wars is, well, Star Wars, and goes after both groups as a result.
BT Toons - updates Tuesdays and Fridays.
Tekno Reviews: Watch Tekno and the Lugnut-tans review and rate toys!
General Tekno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #119
Hasbro LIES to the US
News Credits: 1
And we've officially reached the point where it's more expensive to import a US release than buy it domestically.

In the past, everything from 3 figures onward, shipped loose and first class, was cheaper than buying it locally in Europe.

Now it's almost exactly the same, before shipping.

If reviews on Bruticus are favourable, I might spring for a version of the mould, otherwise I'm perfectly happy skipping them.
SOC, Yamato, Hot Toys, FE and more for sale!
Feedback thread!
Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #120
Bayformer Fan AND G1 Kid!
Collection Count: Too many & not enough
$15 Hasbro Deluxes?!?!? IT'S AN OUTRAGE!!!!

$50 club repaint deluxes? $100 3rd Party Deluxes? HERE'S MY CREDIT CARD!!!!
"Collecting them all won't bring you peace..."
"Peace was never an option."
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote