Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey
by catz

Rumor - Hasbro rereleasing some FEs and Movie all stars in Asia

Reply Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #101
DIE!!!
Collection Count: nearing 400
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tekno View Post
And TFP First Edition is a separate subline independent of the main line.
That's irrelevant. They're still toys based on the characters from the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortwave View Post
It is a dream of mine to have my random nonsence Sig'd
There. Ya happy?
Wheeljack_Prime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #102
TFW2005 Supporter
videriant's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefud View Post
First off, I sincerely appreciate that you're willing to have a reasonable conversation about this topic, instead of the kneejerk responses I see a lot of the time on this forum.

I think you're right, perhaps "lying" is too strong of a word, and perhaps "spin" is more appropriate. Though even "spin" has intent-- the intent of smoothing things over when the situation is unfortunate.

In my mind, the line is crossed when there is no evidence of follow-up. If they came to Botcon this year and said "well, we tried X, Y, and Z to get Rumble and Frenzy on shelves or online, and here's why did hasn't happened. We plan to try A, B, and C this year", then that would be something. As it stands, they cancel a release (again, sometimes this is usually reasonable and understandable), then haul out the exact same "we're trying to get these into the hands of fans" song-and-dance every time, nearly always with zero results.

I don't begrudge Hasbro cancelling toys, but I can't stand that they spray crocodile tears all over the audience and expect us to lap it up. Just man up, say it's probably not coming out barring an act of god, and move on to the next sweet reveal.
No problem. When I said lying with intent I meant the intent to mislead. In the case of spin I view that as the person spinning not able to come right out and say the real reasons and the person receiving the spin not expecting but hoping that the spinner will screw up and give actual information. While it would be nice for Hasbro to lay out exactly what happened and everything they tried, I understand the business reason for not doing so.
Feedback Thread - Sale Thread - Email/Paypal :videriant.tf@gmail.com
Unofficial TFCC FAQ

Hasbro and Takara are parents that have raised the family for almost 30 years, clothed you, fed you, provided for you.
3P's are the distant relatives that you see once a year when they bring you a cool birthday present.
videriant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #103
Mostly Harmless
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefud View Post
Word. I definitely did this with Rumble/Frenzy, and with Animated Blackout. When in doubt, get the toys in your hands ASAP, that's my motto.
Yeah, it's pretty much the way to go. I snatched a HA Soundwave as soon as it began looking like it wasn't ever gonna reach the US. It would have never appeared in Chile anyway and the price was right at the time, so I just paid up and got my neat fig.

And about Hasbro "lying", well you already adressed it but I wanted to add that it'd be giving them too much credit. They were just dumb or inefficient and couldn't bring their own product to the US market. I wouldn't go as far as believing they were evil liars; I mean it's obvious that they would have liked to sell them as promised, but couldn't due to their own mistakes. I'm not in the "Hasbro does everything wrong and are dirty evil cheaters" camp, but I don't blindly justify everything they do either (as with most things, both extremes are pretty silly). I guess I just admit they're shrinking figures and paint apps little by little, yet I'm not bothered enough to stop buying them for now (and we pay much more per figure than the US does!). I won't deny that I hope they get better, too.
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #104
Wrecker
Collection Count: 29 (Not counting fast food Kids Meal Toys)
Please tell me this is true! Que and Cliffjumper are two of the figures I was most upset about when I heard they were cancelled! Now if only there were rumors about Deluxe Leadfoot coming here, the figure I wanted the most out of the cancelled ones...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
Bumblebee765 - The biggest Nerd I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex79 View Post
Tracking it. Going toward it. Picking it up. Paying for it. Opening it. Playing with it.
Bumblebee765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #105
Collection Count: Just starting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee765 View Post
Please tell me this is true! Que and Cliffjumper are two of the figures I was most upset about when I heard they were cancelled! Now if only there were rumors about Deluxe Leadfoot coming here, the figure I wanted the most out of the cancelled ones...
Where is here?

These are Hasbro Asia releases meaning that you will still be importing, just not paying scalper mark-up. (Unless you live in that neck of the woods of course.)
Shop smart, Shop S-Mart.

My Feedback: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...ml#post6493816
ex dtw2003 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #106
Wrecker
Collection Count: 29 (Not counting fast food Kids Meal Toys)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex dtw2003 View Post
Where is here?

These are Hasbro Asia releases meaning that you will still be importing, just not paying scalper mark-up. (Unless you live in that neck of the woods of course.)
They are? Darn it! I'm from the US and thought that is what these were for! Well, at least prices won't be so high for those figures!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
Bumblebee765 - The biggest Nerd I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex79 View Post
Tracking it. Going toward it. Picking it up. Paying for it. Opening it. Playing with it.
Bumblebee765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #107
Terrorcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
I'm not in the "Hasbro does everything wrong and are dirty evil cheaters" camp,
This camp barely even exists, if at all, and it mostly a strawman created by the Hasbro Apologist Squad.

Of course most of what Hasbro's Transformers division does is great. Of course most of their designers are the best at what they do. Of course the guys making character selection for lines/waves mostly does a fantastic job. That's why it's worth talking about where they are screwing up.
TFL name: Nefud4Kids
Nefud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #108
I'm an agile cat.
Collection Count: Shrek is life.
I will buy a slid case of Que if it means we get Leadfoot and Soundwave next wave.

''Brevity is the soul of wit.'' - Bill Shakesguy
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #109
Shots
News Credits: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
I will buy a slid case of Que if it means we get Leadfoot and Soundwave next wave.
You can already get Soundwave for a good price on eBay. I see some on there for $33 - $35 right now, which is the same price he's going to cost to grab him from an international store if you figure $20 - $22 for a deluxe plus shipping.

Unless you meant HA Soundwave, but prices on him seem to be coming down too.
Roufuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #110
Herald of Unicron
DPrime's Ebay Auctions
Hmm, a Hasbro FE Vehicon would be interesting. Wonder if it'd be different from the Takara one?

Or it could be the RiD version, which would be just as good I suppose.
Looking to trade for Lego Futuron Monorail, MOTUC, GI Joes, have tons of Transformers and other cool stuff here:http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-...l#post10175211
Feedback: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...38-dprime.html
DPrime is offline   Reply With Quote