Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Second Run of SG Soundwave Headbands

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 12:00 AM   #101
TFW2005 Supporter
Collection Count: 1000+
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Composite Ghost View Post
Wait... Why would dealers EVER deserve first crack at souvineers?
This is one of my biggest gripes about Funpubs handling of this "fan" convention. Dealers pay $400 for 2 badges and I watch as they run in teams through the lines to buy up as much as they can. All the junkheaps were bought up in seconds and i watched as they sat at dealer tables all weekend at 35 bucks.

A friend of mine was also only allowed to buy 1 runamuck as a golden ticket member but all dealers were allowed 2 per badge, per time through line. No wonder they sold out so fast.

I feel dealers shouldn't be allowed in the Thursday line up to, 1 better serve the fans, and 2 help funpub get through the Thurs night earlier. Let the dealers line up Friday morning and claw at whats left.

But on subject, the headband is shit. The only positive thing about it is that funpub didn't try to swindle the fans out of more than 5 bucks for them.
My youtube Transformers reviews
Old 05-03-2012, 12:20 AM   #102
Mp5_Brut
im not buyin 1 till some makes a Video review

My Feedback
My Sales
Old 05-03-2012, 01:32 AM   #103
www.megamoonman.com
Collection Count: Too many to count
News Credits: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeros View Post
This is one of my biggest gripes about Funpubs handling of this "fan" convention. Dealers pay $400 for 2 badges and I watch as they run in teams through the lines to buy up as much as they can. All the junkheaps were bought up in seconds and i watched as they sat at dealer tables all weekend at 35 bucks.

A friend of mine was also only allowed to buy 1 runamuck as a golden ticket member but all dealers were allowed 2 per badge, per time through line. No wonder they sold out so fast.

I feel dealers shouldn't be allowed in the Thursday line up to, 1 better serve the fans, and 2 help funpub get through the Thurs night earlier. Let the dealers line up Friday morning and claw at whats left.

But on subject, the headband is shit. The only positive thing about it is that funpub didn't try to swindle the fans out of more than 5 bucks for them.
Say all this ain't so, Pete.
Now printing affordable parts - Click here to get the upgrades shown in my sig (along with many others)

www.megamoonman.com
Old 05-03-2012, 07:07 AM   #104
I Hoard Seekers
Collection Count: Sombody needs to stage an intervention.
News Credits: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecutter View Post
I can personally verify that one particular dealer purchased 210 sets of Junkions on Saturday morning. That's seven cases, and $21,000, in Junkions alone. Their total bill was right around $50,000.
Wha?! I just wanted to get a buddy to middle man a set since I couldn't attend, but they were all gone by the time I got everything in order.
Want To Buy KingToys Mini G1 Clear Thrust KO

v^Please no clicky^v
Old 05-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #105
T. Bison
News Credits: 4
Oh god. Why? Just, why?

Anyone who buys one of these headbands is insane.

Insane.

Don't do it. Please. For your own sakes. No amount of completion-ism is worth it.
I have a broad disrespect for the laws of man.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #106
Reborn Comics Fan
Megabattimus's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Can't remember.
News Credits: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Megabattimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuinJester View Post
Oh god. Why? Just, why?

Anyone who buys one of these headbands is insane.

Insane.

Don't do it. Please. For your own sakes. No amount of completion-ism is worth it.
No no, someone should buy this. Then, if there headband crumbles in the bag, they can take a picture of it and post it here, so Pete can see for himself how terrible the headbands are.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #107
Airachnid's ratservant
News Credits: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to TrueNomadSkies
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoCon2076 View Post
I got your head-bands right here!

http://www.bedfordind.com/Images/twist_tie_gangs_LV.jpg

Only $20 each, whaddya say?!

Seriously though, I'm glad those who own Soundwave have the chance to get the headband for a decent price. However, I still think the twistie tie is a better choice. There's nowhere to store that plastic non-poseable piece of rubbish in the vehicle mode.
Believe it or not, those along with plastic breadlclips were once banned at my elementary school, right along with pogs, pokemon cards, razorblades & fake cigarettes. Oddly enough, I don't think hacky sacks ever made the official shit list, at least not before I graduated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by x BlackMagnus x View Post
Protip: Don't want strange growths in your mouth? Don't give oral to unsavory women.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:10 AM   #108
Comic Ink - Dublin, CA
Dragonclaw's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 1 collection :p
News Credits: 5
I don't see a point in preventing the dealers from getting in line Thursday night, especially in recent years they make enough that a sellout because of dealers buying Thursday or Friday is highly unlikely. It also wont have a visible affect on the lines...there just aren't THAT many dealers.

I also thought it was a bad idea to sell so many Runamucks since the ended up shorting people who decided to sign up for the club in person, either as a renewal or as a walk in who decided to join, and had no toy to give...I saw it happen several times myself and you know what they say about businesses making a good first impression...especially when they had the sign up advertising...even if it was apparently a super exclusive RuMamuck They were all gone by Friday morning long before the general public had a shot...
BUY YOUR DIGITAL COMICS FROM A FELLOW FAN AT COMIC INK http://www.digitalcomicsreader.com/comicink
Old 05-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #109
TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!
Quicky's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Who knows, I stopped counting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Mach1 View Post
Huh? I was told I set per PRIMUS package when I picked up my set Thursday night. My wife, who had a Minicon package, couldn't even buy an extra set.

I'm confused.
FunPub was limiting the at-show exclusives 1per badge on Friday as well. I'd appreciate it if Pete could clarify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecutter View Post
I can personally verify that one particular dealer purchased 210 sets of Junkions on Saturday morning. That's seven cases, and $21,000, in Junkions alone. Their total bill was right around $50,000.

I'm not going to claim total innocence, or that I didn't purchase any exclusives to resell, but I kept my purchases small and reasonable to try and ensure everyone still had their chance when we were given unlimited access Saturday morning.

This whole thing on Saturday morning having unlimited dealer toy buys was new, but there has always been a chance for dealers to buy some figures Saturday morning, as an acknowledgement that many are fans too, and may be busy during the other chances. They limited it to the first 20, but even so...I felt the unlimited part was in bad taste.
But WHY are dealers getting an unlimited crack on exclusives on Saturday morning before anybody else...on the official 1st day of the con.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeros View Post

If anything it should open up to dealers on Sunday, not Saturday.
My Threads>>>Feedback Sales ebay Trades
Old 05-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #110
Technobot
Send a message via AIM to Baccala1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powersa View Post
The thing should have come with the figure. There's your run amount.
This 100000000000 times. This thread wouldn't even exist and FunPub wouldn't be taking another PR hit if the headband came with the figure. You know, THE WAY IT SHOULD HAVE TO BEGIN WITH.
Quote:
Could you sum up the film in one line of its dialogue?
"I am standing directly beneath the enemy's scrotum."
My Feedback
Closed Thread