Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Entertainment Earth(and now BBTS) has *NEW* pre-orders for FE Prime vs Megs set

Reply Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2012, 02:49 AM   #61
Airachnid's ratservant
News Credits: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to TrueNomadSkies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewtwo View Post
If you pick more up let me know will ya? I might want to get another set. I can't get them here because of the language issues...
Yeah, you guys get screwed over more than most, and unless I'm mistaken, Unicron & Rodimus didn't even surface on your end either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper Cloud View Post
If the shipping wasn't so high in Canada (why is it so high?) I totally would have purchased an Entertainment pack from one of the sellers on this forum...but it's just too much. Probably close to 40 bucks (for two sets), when BBTS's shipping for two was only 11 bucks.

It sucks, since shipping costs from Taiwan or Europe are actually cheaper for some bizarre reason, when compared to Canada. o_0
Well to make a sad story short, CP works hard to keep prices as high as they are because Canada doesn't have the business population for a legit competitor to challenge them (aka, they're in no danger of Fed-Ex or UPS swooping in to take business away from them), nor does the Postal Service here work in enough volumes to match that of other countries, names the US & Asian equivalents.

In other words, or at least as far as I can chalk it up to, Canada Post charges what they charge because they can &/or need to, and because doing so makes them a very profitable business... which isn't something you can really hold against em.

If you're interested in how much things cost (be it for simple curiosity or just for future sales reference), have a whirl with the online calculator or ask the seller to give you the specific lowdown for what you want, but for things being sent from Canada to the states, you'll basically have 3 options that're on the cheaper end. If something is around the size of a entertainment pack, it's probably too big to qualify for either of the packet options, even though the online estimate says you're fine.

Small Packet - Surface: Depending on the size & weight this will either be 6, 9 or 13, usually the latter 2 because the only way to get it in the 6 dollar range is to be half a pound or under & send your shit in a box that's barely larger than a deluxe carformer. The ETA is 6-12 business days, and there's no tracking. However, I've usually found it to take about a week.

Small Packet - Air: This is either a little over 7, 10, or 16, and same as above, except that it'll ideally be faster because it's less affected by road issues.

Expedited USA: I've actually been given mixed answers as to how this actually gets sent (although based on tracking info it looks to be surface), but the reason it costs anywhere from 20-40 dollars is because you get a tracking number, where the others don't offer it. The ETA is 5 business days, but I've pretty much always had this take longer than the untracked methods which normally take a week (plus or minus 2 days), likely because of it needing to wait around to be scanned at different places.

Then for stuff within Canada, I haven't had much experience with this, but the few times I have, it's cost me about 10 within the province, and anywhere from 17-30 from other provinces. These usually come with tracking numbers however, so at least there's that, but most of the time it's cheaper for me to buy from the US/Asia than from within the country, so I've pretty much only done this when I didn't know better a couple years back & when I recently found a really good deal from VE Telus on some shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by x BlackMagnus x View Post
Protip: Don't want strange growths in your mouth? Don't give oral to unsavory women.
TrueNomadSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:06 AM   #62
Entitlement? Piss off.
Collection Count: "Wheels on HEELS!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwinder View Post
That's... expensive.

Completely worth it.
NICKBOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #63
Servant of Unicron
Collection Count: 200+ i'm just restarting
I preorder from EE because the preorder is sold out in BBTS you guys are fast!

Seripa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #64
Omnibot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKBOT View Post
I paid $65 to get this set shipped down from Canada and it was worth it at that price point. Just ordered another set from EE for $45 shipped so I can have one to open.
cvmaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #65
Autobot
This set has its pros and cons I think. The kids and Megatron are decent. However, Prime is not great and it is in delux class. Megatron is a good figure in this set but also in delux class, so if you are looking for a good scale this is not the set to go for!
jyu501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #66
Shots
Roufuss's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Way too many.
News Credits: 5
What's the difference between the Prime here and the SDCC Prime? Anything?
Roufuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #67
Stuff & Things
Collection Count: A good more than I need
Send a message via Skype™ to anikenvader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roufuss View Post
What's the difference between the Prime here and the SDCC Prime? Anything?
SDCC Has less paint apps. :
anikenvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #68
Sharkticon
Ultra BuckNutz's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 200ish
I preordered this on 11/8/11 for the $35 cost at the time. Mine did not get fulfilled. Can anyone whose preorders did get fulfilled let us know when they ordered. If they jacked me just so they could get an extra $5 out of someone else, I'm gonna be pissed.
Feedback
Ultra BuckNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #69
Follower of the Code
Collection Count: 100 more than I thought I'd own (eek!)
I'm tempted, but I already have the voyagers--and Jack & Raf from the NYCC set.

$40+ for Miko?
Cogar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #70
HOGWASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Collection Count: 579.
News Credits: 32
Do the earlier listings for the Entertainment pack, and the new listings have the same product code (eg HasXXXXX)

if not.... the price probably went up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by archieboy View Post
You guys make the people at /toy/ seem sane.
miscreant is offline   Reply With Quote