Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

TF:P S2 E13 Title & Description

Reply Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #101
Herald of Unicron
What Sinnertwin and shroobmaster said. In a good series, more characters doesn't mean less development. Look at Animated. By the end of season one, it had just one less Transformer than Prime and in season two, it had added six more. All those characters were well developed. Characters only started getting less development in season three and that was only because a fourth season was intended, which would develop Team Char and whatever Rodimus' team was called.

Sure, Animated didn't have even slightly as good graphics as Prime but do we really want to sacrifice so many characters just to get better looks?

This is a good series but it's not even nearly as good as people say it is. One big problem it still has is characters and more of them would help a lot.
soundwaverulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #102
Loves Godzilla & Arcee.
Collection Count: Many so far
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwaverulls View Post
What Swinnertwin and shroonmaster said. Look at Animated. By the end of season one, it had just one less Transformer and by season two, it had added six more. All those characters were well developed. Characters only started getting less development in season three and that was only because a fourth season was intended, which would develop Team Char and whatever Rodimus' team was called.

Sure, Animated didn't have even slightly as good graphics as Prime but do we really want to sacrifice so many characters just to get better looks?

This is a good series but it's not even nearly as good as people say it is. One big problem it still has is characters and more of them would help a lot.
So all that the series really needs is more characters nothing more? What about the characters we have right now that need much devleopment like Bumblebee and Raf for example?

Look I'm not saying it's bad to have new characters but in case you've forgotten we're in a recession and we don't have much budget to make tons of new characters even if we wanted to. Bear in mind that making a new model is harder then it looks from what I've read.

Personally I rather have a small cast that's devleoped then tons of characters that are underdeveloped.

It could've been a lot more worse. We could've had been stuck with only three Autobots and three Decepticons and nothing more. Let's just be grateful that we have Dreadwing so far. We'll get new characters later on so can we stop acting like there won't be any more?

Besides the show's been getting a lot of praise outside of TFW despite the small cast and I doubt that some opinons on the show good or bad will change all that.

Call me crazy but I'm not at all bothered by it at all unlike a lot of people are.

Sig made by Noneatme. Arcee for Hall of Fame!
kaijuguy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #103
Former TF fan
News Credits: 26
Dude Animated and Beast Wars weren't that much bigger. 2 more bots to each side would not hurt this cast which is very stale. What more fleshing out does Bee and Raf need? One beeps himself to oblivion the other is a nerd who understands said beeps.
Sideswipe80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #104
Loves Godzilla & Arcee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideswipe80 View Post
Dude Animated and Beast Wars weren't that much bigger. 2 more bots to each side would not hurt this cast which is very stale. What more fleshing out does Bee and Raf need? One beeps himself to oblivion the other is a nerd who understands said beeps.
I recall a time when people want Bee and Raf to get major character development and now people are more intrested in adding it new characters instead of acutally taking the moment to fix what was flawed about Bee and Raf in Season 1 and add new layers of them? I'm sorry but you may want to rethink your post through

You're right about Animated and Beast Wars not being bigger and I'm not it'll hurt at all. I'm still waiting for Grimlock and Shockwave to show up. It's just that latley people are starting to get impaitent when it comes to new characters and such it gets a little annoying. We'll have new characters up later on. Do you really think Dreadwing is the last one we'll get? In fact there's a pretty darn good chance that the toy only characters like Ironhide,Hot Shot,Rumble even Prowl and Barricade will show up later on. The question is when. I'm no mind reader but should we for now just focus on the story and characters we have right now?

Old 04-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #105
Former TF fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijuguy19 View Post
I recall a time when people want Bee and Raf to get major character development and now people are more intrested in adding it new characters instead of acutally taking the moment to fix what was flawed about Bee and Raf in Season 1 and add new layers of them? I'm sorry but you may want to rethink your post through

You're right about Animated and Beast Wars not being bigger and I'm not it'll hurt at all. I'm still waiting for Grimlock and Shockwave to show up. It's just that latley people are starting to get impaitent when it comes to new characters and such it gets a little annoying. We'll have new characters up later on. Do you really think Dreadwing is the last one we'll get? In fact there's a pretty darn good chance that the toy only characters like Ironhide,Hot Shot,Rumble even Prowl and Barricade will show up later on. The question is when. I'm no mind reader but should we for now just focus on the story and characters we have right now?
Why do you always tell someone to rethink their post? Do you always think you're right? There's a reason people want new characters now. BW and Animated obviously handled character development way better than this show. If past shows like that did it well why can't Prime? You can't keep saying there's a good chance that blah blah will happen. Is that your answer to everything?
Old 04-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #106
Banned
Collection Count: 141, including incomplete figures, Robot Heroes and Minicons. Latest- TFP Deluxe Knockout.
The cast needs to get bigger. Wheeljack not staying was bullshit. It seems that they don't want anyone else roaming around the Autobot base.
seekerblackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #107
News Credits: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerblackout View Post
It seems that they don't want anyone else roaming around the Autobot base.
Ratchet must be the writers' favorite character.
Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite.
Bountyan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #108
Loves Godzilla & Arcee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideswipe80 View Post
Why do you always tell someone to rethink their post? Do you always think you're right? There's a reason people want new characters now. BW and Animated obviously handled character development way better than this show. If past shows like that did it well why can't Prime? You can't keep saying there's a good chance that blah blah will happen. Is that your answer to everything?
I'm not saying I'm right in everything. I was just wondering why you think it's more inportant for new characters to show up now instead of doing an opertunuity to develop characters that needed development in Season 1 like Bee and Raf. I may have did it in an offenseive way which I apologize for. And I say it may get better in Prime because it could get better later on. I'm trying to keep an open mind here and see what happens next. I'm being optimusistc here is that such a crime? And to say Prime handles it's characters poorly is only an opinon. I think it's handled quite well but again only my opinon. I'm not bashing you for disliking it.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #109
Banned
Collection Count: 141, including incomplete figures, Robot Heroes and Minicons. Latest- TFP Deluxe Knockout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bountyan View Post
Ratchet must be the writers' favorite character.
Certainly isn't mine. I wanna punch the stupid exposition filled comic relief. I'd also add in a kick for sucking up the last episode Bumblebee will get in God knows how long.
seekerblackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #110
Former TF fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijuguy19 View Post
I'm not saying I'm right in everything. I was just wondering why you think it's more inportant for new characters to show up now instead of doing an opertunuity to develop characters that needed development in Season 1 like Bee and Raf. I may have did it in an offenseive way which I apologize for. And I say it may get better in Prime because it could get better later on. I'm trying to keep an open mind here and see what happens next. I'm being optimusistc here is that such a crime? And to say Prime handles it's characters poorly is only an opinon. I think it's handled quite well but again only my opinon. I'm not bashing you for disliking it.
There's isn't much more to do with Bee or Raf. Bee beeps. Raf is tech nerd with a big family. Besides Raf is not the focus of this show. Transformers are. Maybe Knockout could use more and DW and WJ. But adding 2 more to each side now would not hurt all. People get tired of seeing the same 5 over and over and over again. Why are the writers scared to show Wheeljack more? DW screen time has decreased since his first appearance.