Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

email from tfcc: Runamuck Shipping!

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #91
is not insane. Really!
Insane Galvatron's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Too many to count.
News Credits: 5
Send a message via AIM to Insane Galvatron Send a message via MSN to Insane Galvatron Send a message via Yahoo to Insane Galvatron Send a message via Skype™ to Insane Galvatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by hordeall View Post
I ship figures first class mail all the time and it is just as trackable as priority mail
For an extra fee. You have to pay for Delivery Confirmation.

Click my sig to buy my Botcon stuff!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:01 PM   #92
Meat popsicle
Collection Count: Who counts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Galvatron View Post
Not if you're paying for postage online. It used to only be free for Priority Shipping, but after the recent rate change they included first class parcels getting a free Delivery Confirmation for the online rate.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #93
cloppers = ignore list
Collection Count: What day is it?
News Credits: 9
Send a message via Yahoo to firehawc_69
Quote:
For $0.80. I always ship my items out with delivery confirmation, it's an incredibly small price to pay to keep both parties satisfied. I just sent a $2 book out using media mail with confirmation.
Quote:
http://textsfromlastnight.com/

(516): Things to remember: Girls don't appreciate it when you yell "Beast Mode!" when switching to doggy style.
(201): You stood in front of a yellow Camaro and kept yelling at it to "Transform already!!!!".. yeah, I'd say you were pretty wasted.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #94
8 Years Old Since 1984!
Ruination04's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: I have no idea!!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawc_69 View Post
For $0.80. I always ship my items out with delivery confirmation, it's an incredibly small price to pay to keep both parties satisfied. I just sent a $2 book out using media mail with confirmation.
Well, 75 in my area....... But you're right. Small price to pay. Hell, I always add it for free and not even charge people when I ship their items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
if you mailed in a payment, and didn't call to confirm it's arrival, or didn't notice if your check has cleared, then that's on you... you can't expect them to send out an email for every letter they get. i sent my check, made sure it got there, and i'm good...
but yeah, i can't wait to have them together either... it's gonna be pretty awesome to have them together...
True. All it takes is a quick email. I confirmed that I am getting mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
Some of the posts in this thread are proof that no matter WHAT they do, the club is going to get flak. Even positive things like shipping figures early.

Shipping early?? What if my figures arrive when I'm not there???

Shipping early?? I want free tracking with my free toy!!

Sigh....

Can't wait to have the duo together!
I agree 100%!

My Buy-Sell-Trade Page
TFW2005 Feedback
My eBay Feedback
Old 04-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #95
Lambo Assassin
LamboTwinLove's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeTigre View Post
I'm sure they have a bulk mailing permit of some sort... or are getting a commercial rate if only to facilitate shipping as much as they have to in the first place. The question of whether they want to bother with delivery confirmation numbers isn't cost. I know for a fact Delivery Confirmation is now offered for free for people buying postage online, so I can't imagine that bulk rate or commercial rate shippers pay anything for the service either. As a mail carrier, I see those or eVS bar-codes on practically everything package commercially shipped.

Now that I think of it, it's probably simply they can't be bothered to or lack the manpower to keep track of those tracking numbers numbers and relay them through email to recipients that are receiving the figure, I assume (a big assumption at that) since this is outside the framework of their online store's system, which would handle those details automatically.

I didn't mean cost for the actual tracking number. Like you said I think it has to be the getting the tracking numbers out because I think the figures are delivered or picked up by a mailing facility of some kind and the real work done there. They have to sort them by destination and all that. To add tracking would probably not be entirely difficult. Just tedious. And then a database would have to be created and then sent back to funpub to mail to the members. I highly doubt the shipping facility would send them. And like Lumpy said it would take forever to send out each of those tracking numbers.

It just seems like a lot of extra work that really isn't needed. At least not for the US members IMO. It seems like the problems occur for international members. So if anything maybe they should try for a little extra for those members.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #96
is not insane. Really!
Insane Galvatron's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Too many to count.
Send a message via AIM to Insane Galvatron Send a message via MSN to Insane Galvatron Send a message via Yahoo to Insane Galvatron Send a message via Skype™ to Insane Galvatron
80 is not a lot. But multiply that by a few thousand packages, and it's a lot. Personally, I don't care about tracking. As long as I get my toy, I don't care.

Click my sig to buy my Botcon stuff!
Old 04-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #97
8 Years Old Since 1984!
Ruination04's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: I have no idea!!
BTW, Delivery Confirmation is just that...proof that it was delivered SOMEWHERE. Although it is somewhat trackable, it's not really the purpose of it. Just wanted to point that out.

My Buy-Sell-Trade Page
TFW2005 Feedback
My eBay Feedback
Old 04-15-2012, 12:29 AM   #98
Meat popsicle
Collection Count: Who counts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruination04 View Post
BTW, Delivery Confirmation is just that...proof that it was delivered SOMEWHERE. Although it is somewhat trackable, it's not really the purpose of it. Just wanted to point that out.
But they've been quietly adding functionality to it over the last couple of years(mostly to improve service and add a layer of accountability) by requiring and recording scans of a package throughout the shipping process, from pickup to delivery. I don't think it is not yet quite as thorough as competing services, it's still lights years ahead of what it used to be. They don't advertise it as tracking, but that is what it is now.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #99
Taylor Swift Actionmaster

Lumpy's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 9 million cacti...
News Credits: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamboTwinLove View Post
It just seems like a lot of extra work that really isn't needed. At least not for the US members IMO. It seems like the problems occur for international members. So if anything maybe they should try for a little extra for those members.
yeah, i think adding tracking for international members should totally happen... but for US, it seems unnecessary, to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIO View Post
I love it. Can't wait to get it from Lumpy
FEEDBACK
Do you like stupid & inappropriate? Then follow me on Twitter @mrlumptastic
Old 04-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #100
Lambo Assassin
LamboTwinLove's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
yeah, i think adding tracking for international members should totally happen... but for US, it seems unnecessary, to me.
Yeah, I mean I don't know the numbers but I'm sure the bulk of the memberships are US based. So even if it did cost a little bit more to do it the cost wouldn't be that bad to do just for the international members.

And these packages would be sorted differently, it would be a shorter list to send e-mails out to and it helps solve the main problem. Which is international members waiting a lot longer and possibly not getting their free figure due to lost shipments.

Us in the USA have it a lot easier. We get out figures faster and like I've said, I've never had an issue with their shipping of my free figures. I've also never heard of US members having an issue of not getting their figure. Not to say it's never happened. Just saying I've never heard any stories of it.
Closed Thread