Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

MasterPiece 12 is Sideswipe

Reply Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #891
Chicks dig the Mutt!
Collection Count: A bunch of Alts
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroic_deceptic View Post
Actually, weren't the Binaltechs 1/24 scale? That would mean this MP would be arn the same size as BT-02 Lambor if it's to be 1/24 scale.
Debatable. If would all depend on the transformation sequence and Takara's efforts to make the passenger compartment suitable for, well, passengers. You can cram alot of robot in all that otherwise open space. Also, look at MP-09 and the Alt/BT Ford GT. They have a similar size in car mode and yet Rodimus is far taller in bot mode.

I suspect that Takara won't go the extra mile to make the vehicle mode as detailed internally as the BT/Alt line turned out to be. That is, if we are to use MP-10 and MP-09 as the baseline. Starscream appears to be a fluke given that the cockpit isn't vital for hiding bot parts.
Hicks_Royel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #892
Terrorcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Max View Post
I'd like it if they could make the figure available with or without the five second wonder style accessories.
Yes, nobody's going to get a news credit for suggesting that Hasbro will probably accommodate that demand. While I agree with you, the jury's still out for me on which I might chose; understandable since so much in this thread is going to be guesswork, haha.

Maybe back in the thread when MP-11 was announced, a few people wondered, if seekers had to be done again, then why not something more original? So I suggested the Cybertronian pyramid fighter mode of course but said also if HasTak wanted to do something diabolically good to sell more MP Seekers, maybe they could release one of a like pair of Soundwave's minions with an MP-11 based release. Such as MP Frenzy with Skywarp and Rumble with Thundercracker, where Laserbeak and Buzzsaw could obviously be substituted otherwise. The possibility of MP Huffer/Drag came up in the MP-10 design interview where it was basically said this would be the only opportunity to attempt the smaller figure. While the Lamborghini brothers transform from smaller vehicle modes to quite reasonably sized warriors, I wonder if including MP Mini Vehicle characters with Masterpiece Autobot cars could be a good thing to look into down the line?
adambman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #893
Terrorcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks_Royel View Post
Debatable. If would all depend on the transformation sequence and Takara's efforts to make the passenger compartment suitable for, well, passengers. You can cram alot of robot in all that otherwise open space. Also, look at MP-09 and the Alt/BT Ford GT. They have a similar size in car mode and yet Rodimus is far taller in bot mode.

I suspect that Takara won't go the extra mile to make the vehicle mode as detailed internally as the BT/Alt line turned out to be. That is, if we are to use MP-10 and MP-09 as the baseline. Starscream appears to be a fluke given that the cockpit isn't vital for hiding bot parts.
Good points here. While we of course have no way of knowing for now, I think some kind of token interior with the basic console shapewith an all in one steering wheel etc is a fair expectation. The space you mention might even be used for vehicle mode weapon storage; that would be in line with theself contained nature of MP-10's folding weapon storage and the stems for MP-11's null rays.
adambman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #894
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroic_deceptic View Post
Actually, weren't the Binaltechs 1/24 scale? That would mean this MP would be arn the same size as BT-02 Lambor if it's to be 1/24 scale.
Oh my gosh,MP figures to be 1/24 scale,that is crazy
Stepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #895
zombiecon
Collection Count: they have their own room...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepper View Post
Oh my gosh,MP figures to be 1/24 scale,that is crazy
Wait... so was this confirmed?? I must have missed that. I think I'll be fine with that size, though the cars will probably feel too big for MP10. Obviously the "Spike" figure that comes with him won't really be compatible with the cars...

zmog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron II View Post
Smog is never wrong. He can only be right in the opposite direction.
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #896
Herald of Unicron
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Size not confirmed. Stepper is just bad at communication.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:37 AM   #897
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsheadII View Post
i really hope we do not get all of these as it will bump the price right up!!
Yah man. Pricing of MP11 is quite expensive compare to the price last time for MP01
Stepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:28 PM   #898
Chicks dig the Mutt!
Collection Count: A bunch of Alts
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambman View Post
Good points here. While we of course have no way of knowing for now, I think some kind of token interior with the basic console shapewith an all in one steering wheel etc is a fair expectation. The space you mention might even be used for vehicle mode weapon storage; that would be in line with theself contained nature of MP-10's folding weapon storage and the stems for MP-11's null rays.
I thought it was mentioned that MP-10's weapon gimmick was more a throwback to the cartoons transformation scheme. Granted that would suggest the same for Sideswipe but it's all speculation at this point. I would think that if the figure holds true to the G1 figure in any way, the arms would be right on the other side of the doors in alt mode. That would throw off any chance at a decent interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOG View Post
Wait... so was this confirmed?? I must have missed that. I think I'll be fine with that size, though the cars will probably feel too big for MP10. Obviously the "Spike" figure that comes with him won't really be compatible with the cars...

zmog
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
Size not confirmed. Stepper is just bad at communication.
Yep, or nope, whichever... pure speculation. Nothing more.
Hicks_Royel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:35 PM   #899
Maximal
So I put together this quick photoshop paintover by using a bunch of different Sideswipe figures and MP-09 as a base. I am a total fan of how they addressed MP-09's hood chest and I am hoping they take queues from MP-09 when they start prototyping Sideswipe.

Attached Thumbnails
MasterPiece 12 is Sideswipe-sideswipe.jpg  
artistvideogame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:37 AM   #900
Herald of Unicron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks_Royel View Post
I would think that if the figure holds true to the G1 figure in any way, the arms would be right on the other side of the doors in alt mode. That would throw off any chance at a decent interior.
Agreed. I'd bet on a MP Roddy style simplified interior. And I prefer them to use that bit of extra room to accomodate a better bot mode TBH; nice as BT/Alts are, the line tended to jump through hoops to keep car mode features intact and this often compromised bot mode/transformation.

But you never know, I could be proved wrong and they could find some ingenious complex Masterpiece transformation that keeps an interior + steering wheels etc. Don't think they could pull it off at less than 1/24 scale though.
OptimusTimelord is offline   Reply With Quote