Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Takara-Tomy Website Update - First Look at Arms Micron TF Prime Toys

Reply Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #11
Palatinus
Pavol Palat's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 5
Send a message via ICQ to Pavol Palat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogzilla View Post
Yeah. There are no extra paint apps and huge, awkward mechtech ports plastered on the side of the molds.

Yep, US toys are superior.
Amen to that. Looks like I will have to cancel quite many preorders with HLJ. I just can't stand those minicon ports on regular figures. Buying a Takara deluxe/voyager just for the targetmaster-minicon is too expensive.
Pavol Palat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #12
Vehicon
News Credits: 2
Are we certain the paint aps are the same or is this still speculation?

The picture looks like optimus is a darker red like the first edition takara version was vs the hasbro release but maybe thats just the lighting
Steroid Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #13
Self-Titled #1 Lugnut Fan
Collection Count: Probably around 400?
News Credits: 167
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno
Hope the others turn out better..... May be canceling a bunch of my HLJ orders otherwise.
BT Toons - updates Tuesdays and Fridays.
Tekno Reviews: Watch Tekno and the Lugnut-tans review and rate toys!
General Tekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #14
News Credits: 8
Ugh, those look ugly. I hate how they slapped ports all over the alt mode.

Again though, not sure why people were expecting more paint apps. Look at most of the Takara versions of the DOTM and Prime FE toys. Almost none of them have more paint apps. Different colors, sure, but not more paint.
Bountyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #15
MUH BONKLES

Collection Count: Don't know. Don't want to know.
News Credits: 29
Was hoping the paint apps would be better, but they don't appear to be all that different. At least Bumblebee has the Autobot symbol on his chest.

The Microns are a huge plus for me, but the ugly weapon ports are a crippling con. Think I'll stick with the US releases and hope the Minicons will eventually be released here.

Last edited by Mechafire; 02-24-2012 at 01:21 PM..
Mechafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #16
I wind sounds!
Prime still has the gray chest... why? That was the one thing I was really hoping would be resolved in the Takara release.
Looking for any version of Armada Deluxe Optimus Prime or WfC Prime, blue Armada Firebot and pretty much any BM Vehicon or Energon Terrorcon molds, or JustiToys Dinorobot or Junkion Blacksmith's Tactical Officer (or Hyper Mode). Also looking for Armada Tidal Wave's missiles. PM me if you have any spares of these please!
Soundwinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #17
Magnificent Pagan Beast
Collection Count: 165+
News Credits: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxlthunder View Post
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6936/img1ut.jpg

The Mech Tech ports look okay on Prime's arms, but they just ruin the alt-mode. I guess that this is the price that they have to pay for having Mini-cons back.
Eww @ the alt-forms. Well, I guess I'm gonna have to try to get the Minicons only, and just stick with the Hasbro bots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechafire View Post
Was hoping the paint apps would be better, but they don't appear to be all that different. At least Bumblebee has the Autobot symbol on his chest.

The Microns are a huge plus for me, but the ugly weapon ports are a crippling con. Think I'll stick with the US releases and hope the Minicons will eventually be released here.
Huge +1 on both accounts.
Karhukjnsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #18
Banned
News Credits: 7
I need those Minicons!!!
Transbot90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #19
Prepare for termination!
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bountyan View Post
Ugh, those look ugly. I hate how they slapped ports all over the alt mode.

Again though, not sure why people were expecting more paint apps. Look at most of the Takara versions of the DOTM and Prime FE toys. Almost none of them have more paint apps. Different colors, sure, but not more paint.
Looks like the paint might not be too different on these Takara RiD releases vs. the Hasbro versions, unlike the Takara FE molds (which, for the most part, had superior paint color schemes and plastic detailing ie. metallic flake in the actual plastic used, like Cliffjumper and Vehicon). That's kind of a bummer.

Still, RiD Arcee may have a more accurate darker blue color to her and RiD Ratchet might just get his red ambulance squigglies; just have to wait and see. But Optimus and Bee are somewhat disappointing. The Microns are neat but not worth rebuying the RiD molds for.
Timesynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #20
Speed Gunner
Collection Count: Too Many
News Credits: 7
oh god takara what were you smoking to put all those ports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetbolt View Post
Its like a cruel prank to me.
"See this? You want this don't you? Well too bad!!! None of this for you!!! HAHAHAHA!!!! But in return, here is a Bumblebee with spikes."
Jlogano20 is online now   Reply With Quote